Network/Connectivity MMS will not send once connected to wifi

1. BillE1974
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

BillE1974 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I have to make sure wifi is not connected in order to send or receive MMS messages. If the wifi is on... I just see the "sending" message below the text until I turn wifi off and then it goes through. If I'm connected to wifi I'll get a text from a friend that says "did you get my pic?" But nothing has come through. Then I'll turn off the wifi and if they resend it, I'll receive it. (Aside from the random "file xxxx.jpg not supported and has been deleted" message which is another issue in itself I guess)
    Any ideas what's going on here?
    I've wiped phone, cleared cache, uninstalled messenger app..reinstalled app, updated etc. Now I just leave wifi off.
    Any ideas are appreciated.

2. Demeez
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2019

Demeez , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Hate to bump an old thread but I still have this issue on my phone, it worked great on 9.0.13, every update since then I have the same issue as OP. I'm in Canada with Fido, if I take my sim out and put it in an old phone of mine it works no issues so I can't imagine it being a carrier issue. I've tried flashing the 9.0.13 modem file but even that was hit or miss.