Network/Connectivity Mobile data for OP7 pro 5g not working (EE)

1. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Hi all,

I have recently got my op7 pro 5g with EE on a 5g plan, however my internet data is extremely unreliable, i can hardly get any connectivity and im offline most of the time because of this.

I have spoken to EE and they seem to think there is no issues whatsoever with the network. I proved this out by putting the same sim into my OP6 and the 4g worked flawlessly and was quick.

I think my op7 pro 5g might be defective since I couldnt find this issue on XDA nor here.

I am on the latest software.

2. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 5, 2019

Cervantes , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Hi
    that works 4g, it means that the sim is working
    Do not work in 5g:
    You have to try on a phone with 5g
    has to be high in 5g (change my sim to 4g and did not receive the 4g signal: I was not registered in the operator)
    have you checked the network settings ?
    have you checked the apn setting ?

3. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    Let me clarify:

the sim works, i even get 5g on my op7

However, any data connectivity at all is extremely unreliable, as in, i cant even send or receive messages

I did check my network settings

I have checked my apn settings, turned off automatic search, it came up with EE 2g, 3g, 4g but no 5g probably because no signal. I checked those three and still no good.

I have also tried restarting the phone, cleaning out the sim card, and airplane mode on/off.

Nothing

4. maljabra84
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

5. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    UK, EE

6. iraklara92
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

iraklara92 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    I have the same issue some times (5g, EE device). It seems the data network are not working but after a couple of minutes it picks up.

7. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    for me it's more like 50% online and really slow notifications, when I am online I get really really fast 4g which is cool, but see this screenshot of me in the middle of the city not getting any connection at all (see exclamation mark next to icon)
    1559741380245.jpg

8. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 5, 2019 :
    hey all,

so I went into the EE store today and got a replacement device, I'm hoping this holds up better as even at the store I was getting disconnects and very flakey connection.

it seems that after a few hours the connection definitely seems better. so hopefully it was just a faulty device

9. Joe_mcd
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Joe_mcd , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I have the same issue. Data is very unreliable. I either get that icon showing no data or else apps get stuck at "connecting...". Quite frustrating. Hopefully there's an update soon. I saw they released a new update for the standard version so let's hope there's something coming our way.

zohaib77 likes this.
  10. zohaib77
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

zohaib77 , Jun 7, 2019 :
    I got a replacement device and so far everything has been good, go to your store and get a replacement

11. Joe_mcd
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2019

Joe_mcd , Jun 7, 2019 :
    Oh I might just do that so. Still haven't moved over from an iPhone because I don't trust it yet. lol

zohaib77 likes this.
  12. LippyA
    Eclair Jun 9, 2019

13. Joe_mcd
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2019

Joe_mcd , Jun 9, 2019 :
    It seems to happen when the modem is going to change between 4g and 5g from what I've seen. It seems to take a while to settle into the new connection. 5G is patchy and it seems like the phone doesn't seem to want to go on it at times.

14. yiddyuk
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

yiddyuk , Jun 14, 2019 :
    I can confirm that I'm getting the same signal drops on the 5g variant on EE & it's even worse with smart 5g enabled but I don't think it's hardware related as when I do have data it's really fast.

Also I'm very disappointed with the slow software updates because the camera has been really improved in the regular 7 Pro but in my phone it's quite bad in low light.