Mobile Data keeps switching SIM + Hotspot not working at 5GHz band.

1. Maxwelldon
    Donut Jul 29, 2019

Maxwelldon , Jul 29, 2019 :
    So I have recently updated my phone to OOS 9.0.7 and now it keeps switching which Sim it uses for data. So far this data sim bug has cost me all my prepaid credit which is just a little shy of 15eur, thanks a damn bunch.

5GHz band on hotspot doesn't want to work at all. Only works with 2.4GHz. This bug as been persistent thorough updates, troubleshooting and all that.

This type of issues bother me and makes me want to drop Oneplus devices as my go-to as a consumer, just because things keep getting more and more broken.
    After all, dual Sim AND hotspot I tend to use on nearly daily basis so what the F***?? I've previously posted about the hotspot issue also, nothing has really been done since the issue is still persistent.

2. Maxwelldon
    Donut Aug 11, 2019

Maxwelldon , Aug 11, 2019 :
    Excuse me while I bump this thread.

Have reverted to using two phones because of the Data SIM issue, phone heating a lot and 5GHz hotspot doesn't work properly before restart with Or without hardware acceleration from dev option.

I just don't feel like wasting money because of a bug/glitch on the phone data sim selection.

3. Maxwelldon
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

Maxwelldon , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Updated to OxygenOS 9.0.8 and build A6003_22_190801 to no avail.
    Hotspot still refusing to work on 5GHz AP band, hardware acceleration on or off. Occasionally it does let a device connect when set to 5GHz but drops the connection or it does not give Internet access to the device.

Have not tried the data sim issue as I did mention before; I do not want to waste money if its not working, asI have reverted back to using two smartphones to stop wasting prepaid credits.

4. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Aug 20, 2019

Kytharsis , Aug 20, 2019 :
    5GHz is less stable than 2.4GHz so don't complain.

5. Maxwelldon
    Donut Aug 22, 2019

Maxwelldon , Aug 22, 2019 :
    Sure, it is less stable but before android pie it was at least in working order. Now, well now it doesn't work properly or not at all.
    When I do use the hotspot the device is in same room that I wish to connect and quite frankly, it's just BS that it is not working when it is supposed to be a feature, when it comes to the spec sheet.

Or do you pay for a device happily when the stuff you use, need and want doesn't work? I for one do not. There's been several updates and few times I've contacted customer service regarding this and apparently nothing is being done. That is reason why I have even made the forum post in the first place.