Mobile Data Loss / Signal Drop

1. gideonb
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

gideonb , Jun 24, 2017 :
    I received a call, and after the call ended, I noticed my LTE, and data altogether, had dropped. the only way to restore data was to restart the phone. I'm currently on AT&T. Anyone else have this problem?

sycshk likes this.
  2. Deactivated User
    Jun 24, 2017

3. F_Vaibhav_Somani_CNUE
    Cupcake Jun 24, 2017

4. Oneplusukfan
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2017

5. Alexis16488
    Froyo Jun 24, 2017

Alexis16488 , Jun 24, 2017 :
    I have att and actually I get crazy good reception even better then my S7 edge, make sure you have it on 2g3g4g automatic

6. warrenmatty
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2017

warrenmatty , Jul 1, 2017 :
    I'm experiencing the same issue with AT&T - only my LTE/data drop altogether when I put the device to sleep. Curious, did you call AT&T and provide them with the OP5 IMEI? What OS version are you on?

sycshk likes this.
  7. warrenmatty
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2017

warrenmatty , Jul 1, 2017 :
    I've been working with this for a bit now. AT&T has not updated their network with the OP5 IMEI's for LTE. So, the connection drops. I know this because my device worked fine before I reported my new IMEI to AT&T - coming from a Nexus 6p. My suggestion would be to report your old LTE capable IMEI to AT&T and continue using the OP5. If this not an option, here is the temp workaround:
    Go to the phone dial, type in *#*#4636#*#* and a tab should pop up. Click phone information and scroll down. Click and change the preferred network to 'GSM auto (PRL)'.
    You will not get LTE speeds with this selected, but you won't miss calls because your phones data is disconnected.

In the meantime, open a case with AT&T to add OP5 to their LTE network...

8. sycshk
    Froyo Jul 1, 2017

beanbeanfive likes this.
  9. clownfish44
    Honeycomb Jul 1, 2017

10. warrenmatty
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

warrenmatty , Jul 7, 2017 :
    The new update to 4.5.5 resolved all data drop issues and LTE is working great! I was contacted by the OnePlus bug team and they got this fixed immediately after the community posts and me sending in some log files. Really impressed by OnePlus's customer service improvements.

11. K1578856315812
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

K1578856315812 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    If you're experiencing intermittent mobile data loss, meaning the cell bars are gone and you have no texting, calls, or internet ability other then wifi and if you bought the phone directly from Oneplus, you need to make sure that the sim card is 1. a VOLTE and 2. that the CDMA-LESS (assists in network provisioning) is activated by the carrier. Reach out to the carrier and this will fix it. Even if your cellphone started off working and weeks or a month later you begin to experience this issue, call the carrier and make sure the 1. and 2. are both true.