Network/Connectivity

Mobile data not working after latest pie update 9.0.3

1. Sau0211 Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

Sau0211, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Please fix this issue asap as the mobile data and wifi both are not working on my oneplus3. It is showing 4g and network is also full but i cant access any app or browse any website. It's saying connection timed out. I have also checked the apn settings. The mobile data was working perfectly fine on oreo.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

2. robmoses Cupcake Jun 14, 2019

3. amartincolby Cupcake Jun 15, 2019

amartincolby, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Not exactly the same problem with me, but similar enough. My wife and I each have OnePlus 3's. Hers updated a couple days ago, mine updated today. Mine is working perfectly, whereas hers has lost mobile data. No icon, no indication that it is connected at all. I've checked the APN settings, everything is identical to mine. I did a comparison of serial numbers to no avail. They were ordered and delivered on the same day. I certainly hope that a software update is incoming.

4. C1560671393356 Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

5. amartincolby Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

amartincolby, Jun 16, 2019 :
    I suspect that OnePlus sourced modems from many different manufacturers, and small architectural/driver differences between them is causing some wonky behavior. Others on the board are complaining of dead WiFi as well.

6. amartincolby Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

amartincolby, Jun 16, 2019 :
    Just confirmed that both our working and non-working phones are running the same Baseband version and Kernel version.

7. G_Zulfikar_Ahmed_tbhL Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

G_Zulfikar_Ahmed_tbhL, Jun 16, 2019 :
    any idea when this thing was fix ?

8. F_Stefan_Leo_Viktor_Stra Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

F_Stefan_Leo_Viktor_Stra, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I've the same issue after updating my Oneplus 3 to Android Pie. Data connections keep dropping. Only a restart will temporarily get me working data connections (wifi & 3G) but not long after data connection are dropping again.

Please fix this, because this makes my phone useless.

Regards,
    Stefan

9. sommersy KitKat Jun 17, 2019

10. amartincolby Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

amartincolby, Jun 24, 2019 :
    Got a response from OnePlus. They're aware of the problem and are working on it. This has been brutal on my wife. Her data connection is completely dead and her phone is borderline useless since she is not regularly near open WiFi. This is a near-complete hardware failure since phones essentially require data to do anything. Furthermore, downgrading to the previous OS is a difficult and onerous process that seems more risky than it's worth. If this problem is not fixed quickly, she will absolutely not be getting a OnePlus again. Perhaps a Pixel, perhaps an iPhone. Basically, the important part is not getting an update that risks borking the phone.

11. amartincolby Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

amartincolby, Jun 26, 2019 :
    More info. The OnePlus engineering team got back to the agent assigned to my ticket and said that the phone is operating correctly and that something may be wrong with the phone vis-a-vis the network. I'm going to check with AT&T and see if something is wrong on their end, like whether a new SIM is needed. I'll continue to post updates here.