Mobile Data Problems

1. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 12, 2021

Crackjunky , Sep 12, 2021 :
    Hey there community,
    i've tried now for one week and can't fix it. I really need to solve the issue.

Background: I just upgraded my mobile data contract and have unlimited data. Now I resettet the wifi and network settings on my One Plus 7 Pro and also allowed all apps unlimited mobile data access. But the phone still only shows notifications when I log in into a wifi. And Google Playstore and Google Maps doesn't work at all on mobile data. But when I setup a hotspot with another phone with the same unlimited data contract sim card, the phone suddenly refreshes all notifications and I can use Google Maps and download Apps on the Playstore.

I don't know which settings I have to change for the notifications and to activate unlimited background data. I have resettet the mobile data and network settings, but I really don't want to reset the whole phone since I have many banking apps and TAN things on there. It would be a mess to set that back up.

I am open for any recommendations!

Best regards,

Paul

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 14, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 14, 2021 :
    It's possible you may have previously denied some apps permission to access Mobile Data. Some of those options may be within the apps internal setting themselves.

Other times it may be a permissions issue.
    Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.
    Then reboot.

This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.

Check if this can help.

Bobbie63 and Crackjunky like this.
  3. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

Crackjunky , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Hey there Caohin, thanks for your reply. I've checked all apps and also resetted the notification settings. Didn't work out, still blocked. I've also resetted again the network settings. When I use wi-fi, suddenly all Google services and other app services work. But with mobile data, nothing works. I can use the browser and WhatsApp, but I have always to open the app. The phone is still not using alle the Mobile data in the background.

There must be somewhere an option to unlimit the mobile data, but I don't know where :/

Caomhin likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    For Google Play check in the Settings>Network preferences and make sure Any Network is selected.
    1631883356928.jpg

1631883356952.jpg
    Also check Auto Updates App and Auto Play videos is also set to Over Any Network for both, you may have to do the same in Settings for Maps, YouTube and other apps.
    1631883422173.jpg

Bobbie63 and Crackjunky like this.
  5. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

6. Caomhin

Bobbie63 likes this.
  7. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

8. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 17, 2021 :
    At the moment all I could suggest is to give feedback to the Developers. So that they can investigate the issue.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on this issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

I'll tag @Dresa91 and @Swejuggalo to see if they are around and might have a different point of view on this as well.

Crackjunky and Bobbie63 like this.
  9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 17, 2021

Bobbie63 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I see you are using two Sims, both have almost no reception, that might cause some issues.

Have you checked in an area where the reception is better?

Caomhin likes this.
  10. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

Yeah did that as well, using LTE. Currently at uni in a building using the local WiFi, that's why the network is not that good.

Bobbie63 and Caomhin like this.
  11. Crackjunky
    Donut Sep 17, 2021

Thank you very much for your time and effort, I highly appreciate it!! :)

Bobbie63 and Caomhin like this.
  12. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Sep 17, 2021 :
    I see that you have private DNS to Automatic. Have you tried none or one.one.one.one?
    Confirmed that APN is according to your carrier recommendations? When testing DP1 on my 9 Pro I needed to manually edit APN and save the change since it only worked temporary.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021

Crackjunky likes this.