Mobile goes automatically on silent mode via OnePlus 8T

1. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

AShrafJK , via OnePlus 8T , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I am purchasing 1+ 8T on 26th january 2021 and I occurs problems like mobile is on ring mode but sometimes it's automatically goes silent but switched is stable in ring mode. I have compiled in toll free number on 10th Feb.21 and says to FDC then still running problem then I visited nearest authorised service centre and software updated but some problem adding in my device. Can't given proper solution and same problem occurs within 6hrs in 1st jobsheet completed. again I submitted my mobile and they don't found my problems and says device has no problems and same day my 2nd jobsheet is finished. 14days my device in service center but they don't check my problems and says we checked. When I going to collect my mobile I see my mobile's battery is 0% and 9days mobile is no used so how can found my problems on my mobile. I have videography of my problems.

2. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Can you check if you have enabled "do not disturb" feature?

the_o2 likes this.
  3. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 3, 2021

the_o2 , Mar 3, 2021 :
    But this might checked by CS guys as well ;)

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Do not underestimate the incompetence of few CS guys. I have first hand experience:rolleyes:

the_o2 likes this.
  5. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

All checked and 2 jobsheet made but nothing solution.
    Shame on OnePlus service centre and company because they doesn't found problem.
    Lively show problem in service center workers but technicians says I want to show this problem and gave solutions. Lots of complaints in company mail's but nothing positively response.

6. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

I have a problem videography.

7. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I honestly don't understand a word you are saying. If English isn't your first language, you can post in your own language and someone who understands it can help you.

the_o2 likes this.
  8. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

I have 2 jobsheet from service center for same problem but nothing solution for my problems.

9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    You have already told that. And I'm trying to help with your problem.
    Check if you have enabled "do not disturb".

10. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

I checked bro but DND is disable.

11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Mar 3, 2021

B_Wrath , Mar 3, 2021 :
    When the phone goes into silent, do you see the silent icon (bell with a cross line) in the status bar?
    And if you say it goes to silent, does it only happen for calls?
    What ringtone are you using?

12. AShrafJK
    Donut Mar 3, 2021

No icon shown in the status bar. When I checked ring volume then I get notification for silent to ring mode key. But my key is already in ring mode.
    How can I send you video?

13. StefanStark
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 3, 2021

StefanStark , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Android standard shortcut for vibration only

Volume up key + power key at the same time

Sometimes it happens, specially if I stream videos in landscape mode that when changing volume I also hit the power key.

This causes a short popup 'phone in vibration only mode'.

If you enter setting menu - you then see on top right above the Wi-Fi settings an added menu entry - "Phone is set to vibration mode".
    If you click it you are in the ringtone volume settings.

I don't known why oneplus did not disable this in the OS settings because of the alert slider.

Knowing about this shortcut may prevent you from activating it.
    You don't get the silent symbol in the Taskbar when activated by the shortcut.

14. P1616243076428
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2021

P1616243076428 , Mar 20, 2021 :
    I am watching so many people are facing the similar problem with one plus devices and also me I need some hints about this issue then I will find its solution please guide me about the reason.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021