Mobile Operating System:

?

Lineage OS or Google Android O: Should One Plus go with Android O OS or Lineage OS or Newer OS?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2017.
  1. Should stick with Google Android O OS

54.2%
  2. Should go with Lineage OS

8.3%
  3. Should try Other newer Hybrid OS

16.7%
  4. No need for other OS than Android

20.8%
  1. HtinAungLu
    Eclair Mar 14, 2017

2. G_Sid_Gog_gucx
    Honeycomb Mar 14, 2017

Vedant620 likes this.
  3. Vedant620
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 14, 2017

Vedant620 , Mar 14, 2017 :
    On a totally different note, any idea when the unification of hydrogen and oxygen is due? I thought it was gonna be from nougat but that's seems to have been done partially
    I haven't even heard any updates about it either, is it gonna be done with the 7.1.1?

4. malkeshdutta
    Gingerbread Mar 14, 2017

malkeshdutta , Mar 14, 2017 :
    if you have heard of sailfish os??

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 14, 2017

dsmonteiro , Mar 14, 2017 :
    I have. Have you read the poll? See Sailfish OS there?

6. electrux
    Eclair Mar 15, 2017

electrux , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Haha!! To one's opinion... It is just how I feel... Don't mean you have to feel the same ;)

7. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 15, 2017

elanglois , Mar 15, 2017 :
    T
    Thats why Sailfish runs Android apps, but its trying to hit a moving target.

gabrimessi likes this.
  8. F_Anil_Gautam_BcSP
    Froyo Mar 15, 2017

F_Anil_Gautam_BcSP , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Not now but in future plan sure its a good idea but i think Android has more features its even hard for ios to compete.

9. rafath786
    Gingerbread Mar 15, 2017

10. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2017

vintagetech , Mar 15, 2017 :
    I'm confused... Newer OS? What exactly did you have in mind original poster?

Also the only thing I can say to a hybrid OS of Android and IOS is F+&K NO! I'm not using crapple's IOS because it drives me crazy and it doesn't meet my needs in an OS. (I experience IOS all of the time with my mom's iPhone 7s and the iPads i have at work.)

I would like to see the Ubuntu for mobile mature and become an option. I would be willing to try that out... I'm not sure if this counts as 'newer'.

11. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 15, 2017

mischa1981 , Mar 15, 2017 :
    there is only Android and iOS. so... what?
    Show me one OS that isn't Linux based except for Windows. only iOS and that is Apple

12. ATQ
    Froyo Mar 15, 2017

ATQ , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Hi.

Guys, how are you all. Thanks for the comments and your time.
    See every post is not the one you like always, some post are created to test the understanding of forum members.
    Coz lots of people post weird things in the forums but many just simply replies them without the proper knowledge.

I am good to see that here are many knowledgeable persons who are not only reading the post carefully but also giving best solutions, and I really appreciate it.

Coming to the question is,
    Yes there are 2 choices which are basically android based, it is just to test the understanding so that no one should blindly vote, 3rd one is hybrid - a combination of ios+Android+windows.

Hardware are getting more modern so why not OS.

Hope you guys now get it what not every question is simple, some might be tricky.

Regards,
    Ali.

13. G_Crazy_Experiments_hcCM
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2017

G_Crazy_Experiments_hcCM , Mar 15, 2017 :
    I think we need a system that has Linux as Base and a Mix of Android,ios and Firefox OS. That were be a nice system but it is not possible because we need a Hybrid Kernel and how to make a Kernel like this.x D

14. G_Crazy_Experiments_hcCM
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2017

G_Crazy_Experiments_hcCM , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Hay I have a idea to make a Hybrid OS so let me explain it:. we need a base system lets take Android so every system has internal server's so far so good. So when we have IOS and Windows or Linux we need 3 servers were running with Linux, IOS and Windows like a Virtual Box yeah. Then you musst Switch between the server's.

I hope you can understand my idea :)

15. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 15, 2017

dsmonteiro , Mar 15, 2017 :
    Instead of assuming your own lack of knowledge you spin it off as being a test. Priceless.

But as we say in Portugal 'You catch a lier faster than you catch a limp person.'

You again show how clueless you are. What you ask is completely impossible. Windows and iOS are proprietary, iOS is an Apple exclusive and all the three have completely different, incompatible foundations.

Don't put yourself through more shame. Recognize your limitations and move along.

16. Antte
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2017

17. F_Shivankur_Uniyal_Emqp
    Eclair Mar 15, 2017

18. G_SUPER_BOY_zuJq
    Donut Mar 15, 2017

19. G_anonymouse_dCdt
    Eclair Mar 15, 2017

20. mahmudmmd
    Eclair Mar 15, 2017