Mobile Radio Active Bug (Battery Drain)

1. Tesla1982 Donut Sep 6, 2015

Tesla1982, Sep 6, 2015 :

This "patch" is not fixing anything, only disguising the problem. When you go to http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/107828/ where the patch is reviewed, you get some clear statements:

"This is just a cover-up patch, not an actual fix for the bug."

"..., if you're now seeing "miscellaneous" - that's a sign that this patch is falsely hiding drain that actually is there in certain circumstances. e.g. you've found a particular use case where this patch is breaking things by hiding a source of battery drain that is actually there"

"What you are doing here is not the right way to fix this, because you're ignoring all the low-level layers from Android and the way they work based on hardware data. Please, stop this madness, you even assumed on XDA that you don't even know what is the role that fromRADIO assumes on Android. You're "fixing" (I'd say disturbing!) the user side of the things by hiding from the battery monitor counters the Radio Active counters."

2. Shadow1143 Gingerbread Sep 7, 2015

3. strickerz Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2015

4. Capta1nZap Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2015

Capta1nZap, Sep 8, 2015 :
    Don't even try to resolve your software issues with OP support. You'll get nowhere really fast. Been there, done that.

5. absolem Eclair Nov 25, 2015

6. pawel_t Donut Nov 26, 2015

7. rajambin Gingerbread Dec 12, 2015

rajambin, Dec 12, 2015 :
    Team Any update on this thread? I am using OP2 2.1.2 experiencing battery drain in google play services mobile data. Any workaround?

8. absolem Eclair Dec 13, 2015

absolem, Dec 13, 2015 :
    As far as I can tell it's not present in Marshmallow anymore. I honestly don't think there will be a fix for Lollipop anymore.

rajambin likes this.
  9. rajambin Gingerbread Dec 14, 2015

rajambin, Dec 14, 2015 :
    I never faced this issue for last 2 months suddenly it appeared. Based on t search I did its androind bug nothing to do vit OPT. Meanwhile I quickly did a workaround by disabling background data of Google play services. Problem is not seen after doing this but watsapp n fb notifications r not coming ven I open watsapp got bunch of 500 msgs :) I can live this not battery drain:D

10. Henry80 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 14, 2015

Henry80, Dec 14, 2015 :
    Mobile radio active was gone in the previous Marshmallow builds (e.g the ones released in the beginning of November).
    Now, strangely, it's back: many users on XDA are noticing it, in different ROMs: basically, it was gone and it has reappeared in the latest (a week or so) Marshmallow builds.

11. laifuer Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

laifuer, Dec 15, 2015 :
    i usually connect my opo with my car via bluetooth
    the notification tone usually change to none

12. nicerous Gingerbread Dec 15, 2015

13. sonofpear Donut Dec 20, 2015

sonofpear, Dec 20, 2015 :
    What is really odd is that not every device has the issue. I have two op2's and only the newer one has it. I even experimented by clean installing 2.1.2 on each and installing the exact software, accounts and settings in the same order. My early op2 does not exhibit the issue but the newer does.