mocolo tempered glass

1. cmarkortiz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

cmarkortiz , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Received my mocolo tempered glass screen protector the other day. Impressions ... Its awesome doesn't get dirty and when u keep phone in pocket and slide out screen is clean every time. 14 bucks on eBay worth every penny, screen touch is very responsive and you don't even notice it in.

jevanjovandy and farangutan like this.
  2. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

Cool-Nerd , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Gdaye mate how much and where from? I ordered a screen protector for my OPO (in transit), but just got a rediculous email from the seller stating that it will take 40 - 80 days for the screen protector to arrive because it is coming from China hahaha moron!! i asked him if it was coming on the back of a hump back whale cos letters from Anywhere other than Jupiter dont take 40 to 80 days to arrive. :p

3. TurfRunner
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

mel.suppula likes this.
  4. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

I also said they could place the screen protector in a regular envelope and post it that way as it wont take a letter 40 - 80 days to arrive...douche bags hahaha so funny :D

devon28 likes this.
  5. devon28
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

devon28 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    **** I was quoted 18-32 days on a screen protector for another phone and I thought that was bad... They must've made yours to order :p

metconnect, Cool-Nerd and csmucker like this.
  6. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

HAHAHA Yep from CHina to Australia 40 - 80 days apparently hahahaha bunch of stooges :p

devon28 likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Aug 4, 2014

maciejkac, Cool-Nerd and devon28 like this.
  8. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

Fingers crossed....heres hoping cos even 20 days is rediculous :D

Deactivated User and devon28 like this.
  9. farangutan
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

10. Joel Chuah
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

Joel Chuah , Aug 4, 2014 :
    i have one as well;

pros
    smoother then OPO's bare glass
    cut outs are neat
    responsive touch ( maybe just a little less reponsive than bare: double tap to wake sometimes do not work)

cons
    fingerprints and smudges are more noticeable.
    pretty thick ( the sillicon layer )

11. grandmaximus
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

12. pkruba
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

pkruba , Aug 4, 2014 :
    will take that under advise when I receive my phone first no point to worry about scratching the screen if you don't have the phone

13. cmarkortiz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

14. garvine
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

garvine , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Can't wait to get mine. Ordered it over a week ago. I think it has arrived at the post office, not sure as it doesn't have a tracking number on it. But I got a card telling me to pick up something from the post office.

15. garvine
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

garvine , Aug 4, 2014 :
    At least yours isn't being sent to the wrong country. Ordered a case from Amazon from a chinese seller and the gumby is sending it to Austria I think. Checked tracking and from China it is now in Turkey. Will wait and see if it arrives in the 3 weeks they stated in the original shipping.

16. garvine
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

garvine , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Rather than starting a new thread, I'll just add to it. My tempered glass screen arrived on Monday, however I haven't had a chance to install it until today (Wednesday). First things first, I'm glad it didn't get broken in transit. Being glass and all. Bought it directly through Glass4M and they packaged it quite well. Came in a strong cardboard box which was a little oversized. So even if it got crushed, I don't think it would have impacted the internal box at all.

The installation process was pretty easy. It came with the usual stuff minus the sticky dust collecter sticker I have seen other tempered glass screens come with. So only wiped it down with the alcohol wipe and the microfibre cloth. It looked pretty clean post wipedown. During installation all the bubbles disappear except one that is in the bottom left corner. Press down as much as I can, it just doesn't disappear. So I think mine maybe defective, i.e. no adhesive on that side. Not going to contact support. Probably not worth it. If anyone has any ideas how I can get rid of that bubble, I would be all ears.

Now for some pictures: :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, I don't know if I can recommend this screen protector. After some light use, you can see some fingerprints. Not as bad as without the protector, but they are definitely there. Not to mention the annoying bubble in the corner. Hopefully others who have ordered this product fair better than my experience.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

firewire2035 and NightFelix like this.
  17. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 6, 2014

18. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2014

19. garvine
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2014

garvine , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I got mine in just over a week.

20. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Aug 6, 2014

Ivanpoocky13 , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Standard shipping??, what are your thoughts about it??