Moderator Interviews!

1. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

Lunatasian , May 28, 2015 :
    First off, HUGE shoutout to all the moderators who gave up their own time to answer these questions.

Over the past week, I've been compiling a series of interviews from moderators that I see around in the international section of the forum. I've learned a great deal about how they view themselves and the community. They've given some excellent advice to prospective moderators and also outlined what they think we can do better, etc.

So... here it is! (In alphabetical order :cool:) Enjoy!

More interviews coming soon! Stay tuned. :)

-Your friend, Lunatasian

P.S. If you don't see a moderator listed here, one of four things happened.
    • I didn't reach out, as I haven't seen them much, if at all, in the international section of the forum
    • The moderator was busy and couldn't reply
    • The moderator is working on it.
    • The moderator has requested that his/her response is not published.
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Lazy formatting = Yes. I will work on making this thread prettier when I get the time.

Last edited: May 29, 2015

2. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

Why did you want to become a mod?
    Wanted to help out and its quite a fun thing to do and I really like this community!
    Were you chosen by OnePlus or did you apply?
    Applied
    Do you feel you earn enough respect from the community for the work you do?
    Yeah, if I go on another forum to ask something g related to that product I'm in other people positions and I see how its hard to get a forum right!
    What can we, as members, do to help you guys?
    Make sure everyone feels welcome and less sarcasm etc towards new members as we want this place to feel homely!
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the community as it stands?
    7 (I could think of a lot of ways to improve it but I don't have that much power :p)
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the moderation team?
    What is one thing you'd like to remind the community about?
    Make everyone feel at home, no parrots :p, and all members should respect each other and I don't think people should complain about the ota to op or cm as they did it as fast as they could and people could just be polite etc when they have problems instead if getting as annoyed as some people do and also many people blame problems on op being small and new and "don't know what they're doing" whereas I had a really bad experience with asus CS and for my support problems op have been amazing compared to the bug companies believe it or not! (Apart from apple but that's one of the biggest companies in the world :p)
    How many hours a day/week do you volunteer to moderating the forum?
    It depends, a lot! :p
    School, exams etc so its hard to say but I enjoy doing it and I volunteer as much as I can!
    What's the single most frustrating thing you have to deal with/have dealt with on the forum as a mod?
    Ota complaints :p
    Are you satisfied with your decision to become a mod?
    Yup
    Do you feel that you are no longer able to do things that you would have normally done on the forum, now that you're a moderator? (Ex. Do you feel like you cannot participate in social threads as often or do you feel the expectations placed on you have substantially raised?)
    Often I would like to give a stronger opinion but I can't, but I still participate in social threads as that's what the community's for! :D
    What advice do you have to community members that are seeking to become mods?
    Gain respect! Make sure you have more likes than posts ;)
    Because I wanted to help the community more than just helping provide useful information. I felt as though there was a gap that I could help fill.
    I was chosen.
    Yes.
    Stop saying "I can't think of anything better than IB4L, so here's a smiley :)" - from OnePlus, tag mods, don't argue with other community members or berate them, just walk away. Always thank a mod when you can. We all do work thankless jobs.
    Use the search function before creating a new thread!
    Probably 7 hours a day.
    What's the single most frustrating thing you have to deal with/have dealt with on the forum as a mod?
    People who argue or put down one another or make an anti-mod thread where people go and bash instead of PMing the mod or @Adam Krisko about an issue.​
    Yes.
    Do you feel that you are no longer able to do things that you would have normally done on the forum, now that you're a moderator? (Ex. Do you feel like you cannot participate in social threads as often or do you feel the expectations placed on you have substantially raised?)
    I'm still as social as ever! That will never change. I'm always professional, so nothing really changed.
    Don't ask to become a mod. If you really really want to be a moderator, fill out the form from @Adam Krisko and just wait patiently.
    Just to give something back to the great community and being able act against spammer and seller ;)
    I asked for it
    Yes,I do :)
    Dont use the report button...it is broken at the Moment so tagging is way more effektive to get our attention ^^
    8, because all the seller are gone for the Moment ;)
    Over 9000
    I am the Duck
    Cant say that...i am more spectating since i have my Finals now
    So i dont have a standartised timeshedule ^^
    Duplicates.
    I am :)
    Just a little bit,but that doesnt brother me a lot

Last edited: May 28, 2015

3. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

Like a lot of people, I was really attracted to OnePlus not just as a company, but as a movement and wanted to expand my involvement in the best way I felt I could contribute.
    I asked if I could become a mod.
    I've never thought of that before so I guess I do. ;-)
    Always use the search before posting a new thread. ;) But also, use the Report button if something isn't right.
    9 (Only because there is always room for improvement), Outside of XDA I don't think any similar community comes close.
    9 (For the same reason above)
    Don't forget to have fun, and that disagreements happen on every forum - keep cool and stay respectful when it happens and tag a mod if things get out of hand.
    It really varies... because of my busy work and travel schedule. On a quiet day I can get lost on the forum like anyone else. :)
    Trolls/spammers who get banned and then create new accounts. The cat-and-mouse thing gets tired fast.
    Yes, OnePlus is a great company and a lot of fun to work with.
    Yes, before I was a mod I was posting hundreds of messages a day, after being a mod it's mostly moderating messages. I occasionally post socially but then I definitely have to self-censor to avoid any confusion.
    Became a "master user" first. Get to know the OnePlus products and how you can provide the most meaningful contribution to the forum. Consider if you really want to have to censor/sanitize your contributions.
    I didn't really think about it until I got the invite to become one. It felt like a great honor so I immediately said yes.
    Chosen.​
    The vast majority of users respect and appreciate the work we do. Sometimes a bit too much, I wouldn't mind being more treated like a regular user.
    People already help a lot by tagging us when needed. There's a couple of things that could help us even further:

• Try to direct people to the correct thread/answer instead of just saying "duplicate" or "already answer"
      • Try not to post comments that are not helpful, especially in threads of users that have issues with their phones.
    Tricky question. The Forums are having a "calm before the storm" moment before the OPT announcement. I rate it with 8. Lots of helpful people and not that many trolls around.
    Over 9000!!
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Really depends on my real life job. I try to help whenever I'm online.
    Not being able to troll trolls. :(
    Completely.
    Yes. I feel like I have to weight every word I use. Had a few issues before with users that don't realize that we are pretty much regular users that volunteered to help.
    Just be a helpful member. Everyone likes helpful members. ;)

4. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

i was recommended by Jevoly ;)
    More than i expected :)
    Tag Us for anything and everything* :p
    *not everything*
    Netiquette
    1 hour or more a day? It really depends.
    People that can't accept defeat/wrong and those who ignore advices.
    Totally.
    Nope, i get more attention as a mod ;)
    grab admin attention and show them why you are mod-to-be.
    Did I? no, see next question
    My community elected me
    I don't really care, it's just an online forum
    be nice to others, even if there are people who offended the company or other members in general. tag some of us to the scene so we can take care of the matter.
    just have fun
    a lot. yes, a lot
    spammer
    yes
    sleep!! i miss sleep
    -just... don't... :D

or maybe don't beg too much. do not post meaningless posts. be helpful. show current moderators and all members that you're worth being one.
    I wanted to help out the community here, the forums weren't in a good shape so I thought if I could give a hands things would be better.
    I applied.
    To be honest, somehow. But not fully. Some respect us a lot but some taunt us.
    Tag us in any thread that you think needs closing for whatever reason (pls state so we can do it quick)
    Read the Terms and Rules, at least 69% of people in this forum don't read them. And when they get warned people start whining and complain. Only after we SHOW them the Terms and Rules then they would understand what they did wrong. We don't have so much free time to accommodate people one by one.
    Initially it was 10-12 hours a day, but since school started only 1-2 hours. And gone down to half an hour since exams began. Hope to come back soon.
    People still ''not understanding'' the Terms and Rules and what they did wrong (just to annoy us)
    Of course.
    Not really. It's still OK. The problem now lies in my school curriculum. It's very busy since I am revising for Cambridge 'O' levels, that's why I've not been participating much around here. It's really somehow of a coincidence.
    Behave yourself.
    I want to support a smartphone company that try to make a dent in the industry with their high quality and low price tag smartphone. Of course for the love of the OP community too.
    I was appointed by OP admin when the company decided to expand the market to South East Asia.
    For sure. I have almost perfect personal experience for becoming a mod in this forum.
    I think it's the other way round. The mods should ask members "what can we help you"? :p
    Behave boys and girls. ;)
    3 - 5 hours per day
    Let's put it this way. I don't look at the problems as a frustration, in fact I see them as a challenge for me to solve. A mod who treat them as a frustration is not qualify to be one, seriously. If you insist for the most annoying one? Haters.
    No regret at all. :cool:
    Nothing change. We, mods are still normal forum users, with some special abilities. We can be cheeky in a social thread and at the same time, act professionally when dealing with moderation work.
    Do not ask for the mod position, earn it!

5. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

At the time, I wanted to become one partly because I wanted to help the community and partly because it seemed cool
    I applied.
    Being a mod is honestly a thankless job, and as such I don't expect any big bravos or such; just as much respect as any fellow forum member.
    One of the bigger issues I've seen involves certain experienced members trolling new members when they ask something that many would consider "noob". It would helpful to not have new members getting all confused.
    A month ago it would've been 6/10, but since the swearing filters were implemented I feel like quality has gone up quite a bit. So 8-9/10 right now
    8-9/10 too. The moderation team is a great group of people, however we make mistakes too sometimes and we're actively trying to minimize that.
    Remember that at the end of the day this is a tech forum for a company that makes smartphones. As such, use discretion when posting anything here. It is public after all.
    No clue. I just pop on whenever I can.
    Parrots. Never again.
    Most definitely. I've had plenty of good experiences as one.
    I think I have to jump around a bit more now in order to moderate. As such, I can no longer just stay in one thread and eagerly await the next reply.

That being said, I think I can still participate to a certain degree; it just requires a little bit of catching up.

Expectation wise, I had to tone down my trolling a little bit in order to maintain a good image for the moderation team. Furthermore, I need to be very careful with how I reply to things.

Even though we technically aren't affiliated with OnePlus in a business sense, the media seems to think we do and as such we need to exercise caution. I once replied to a user seeking help for their defunct device and Android Headlines took a small snippet of my reply (which completely misrepresented what I was trying to say by the way) and turned it into a news story. You can imagine my surprise when I woke up to see my writing on the news.
    Demonstrate on a regular basis that you are capable of responding to things in a calm and professional yet fun manner. Like it or not, a lot of people mistakenly think we mods represent OnePlus and as such we need to keep our standards high.

Also, don't get disappointed if you don't get a position. We have a pretty large moderation team right now.

P.S. Be prepared to have people throw swear words and temper tantrums at you. It's going to happen.
    I wanted to become a Mod because I wanted to help people in this Forum and because it's great to be a part of this company and a leading part of this unique Forum/community
    Both, I wrote several HOW TO's in the german part of this forum and at this Time the german Mods have been watching out for a new Mod-Member especially for someone who have great technical knowledge
    I'm not able to answer this question with one answer, because people in this Forum are different ;)
    Many many user wrote me messages after they used my Tutorials and thanked me a lot, also some wanted to send me some money for saving there devices, but there are also pretty rude people too in this forum which just insult you without any reason. But in my opinion about 98% of this forum is very thankfull to us, for doing this job.
    Thats a good question ;) Most people are new here and are very irritated, so they create Threads at the wrong place. So I think it would help everyone when everybody just read the Fprum-Rules once.
    I would give the community 9 out of 10 Points (10 ist best)
    There I really have to give 10 out of 10 Points, the Moderator Team is like a family especially the german Team, we communicate every day and we are talking about many things in the Forum, but also privat things ;)
    We Moderators are also just people, dont forgett this. We can also make mistakes ad we are not perfect even if we try to make it right for everyone.
    Many. the last few month not so many but there have been times where I sent over 40 hours every week. These have been the times where I have not started my study.
    One of the most frustrating things here is: some girls which are here in the Forum disguise themself as Man because they dont want to get turned on from everybody ;)
    Sometimes when I have not much time for the Forum then I think people are not satisfied with me, because I'm not there for helping them but yes I'm very proud of beeing a Mod. I feel like I do something good.
    Of course it's not longer allowed for me to be rude to people, but even when I wasn't a Mod I tried always to be nice, so this is no huge difference.
    Be very active here in the forum, help people, create Threads whith will help the Users/Mods/the whole forum to be a better place and of course try to create your own 'Network' here in the OnePlus area.

6. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 28, 2015

JHong, don-doe, DRCH and 5 others like this.
  7. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

A lot of users wanted me to become a Moderator because of my contribution to the forums since the early days so I decided to join the moderation team because I knew I could do a good job and keep the community alive.
    I was chosen by OnePlus. @David S. and @Emmanuel reached me in private.
    I think so, even though I don't care that much about earning respect per se. I care more about users' involvement and collaboration.
    Enjoy the community, share your ideas, respect other users and tag us or send us a private message each time you think we should take a look at something.
    I give it a 7 at the moment.
    Definitely a big shiny 10. All the guys and girls in the moderation team are great.
    A lot of people assume that Moderators are OnePlus employees. Well, we are not. We are volunteers.
    Countless hours!
    People who are able to wreck their device even after following detailed and absolutely noob-proof guides. You know, the "PLZ HELP" type of human being.
    Absolutely yes.
    Not at all. I still have a lot of fun and participate in social thread as much as I can especially inRandom Nonsense Club (international forum) and BarONE (italian forum).
    No advice in particular. Good users are usually eligible to become moderators. It all depends on the way you contribute to the community.
    Basically to help. As Spanish user forum, I saw that there was a need to moderate because the three regional moderators were never present.
    I was chosen by the last "active" moderator remaining in the Spanish forum, he resigned as moderator after that.
    At first it was difficult, I was not one of the earliest in the forum, and the forum in Spanish was a mess, at the begin moderating some did not agree, but soon I think they have recognized the work done.
    Just follow the rules of the forum, this forum is to have a good time, talking about what we love and make friends.
    This is a place to have fun
    All that I can, I love it.
    it is sometimes difficult to point users that the rules must be followed, and that we are not the ones who dictate the rules.
    YES!
    Not at all
    I think a real moderator knows the answer

8. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

I was active on the dutch forum and we needed more dutch mods.
    I applied together with some other people. Three people were choosen eventually.
    Yes I do
    Tag or message mods that are online if there is something wrong in a thread.
    Right now a 7 , it was worse and can be better but its pretty good.
    I think 8 or 9. Everyone is helpfull and considers everything. Then again, we also have a lot of fun!
    Probably on average an hour each day.
    People don't read and start making threads while they can get information with a simple search or in a stickied thread.
    Yes
    Nope, I can still do anything I did before. Only sometimes watch the language a bit more then before. But, and I think people can confirm that, I was never so bad before I was mod.
    Contribute, be online a lot, be helpfull, kind, tag mods to help...
    I liked the disruptive attitude of OnePlus and had been a member for a bit, so I naturally wanted to lend them a hand.
    I applied :)
    Mostly, yes, but there are sometimes members who go crazy when you give them a warning, which can sometimes get on my nerves.
    Just be a good example for new and other members :)
    I haven't been active enough lately, so I can't really say.
    10, of course :D
    Don't ever beg for inv... Oh wait, they're gone :D On a more serious note, just remember to post constructive things ;)
    At the moment I'd say between 5 and 8 hours or something. My internship is taking a lot of my time.
    People who obviously don't read my threads and then complain when I give them a warning for spam (referring to the now obsolete warning at the bottom of my two pinned threads related to invite beggars, which I put there solely to have a proof of spam to show to those people who complained when I gave them a warning :p). This issue is now mostly gone though :)
    Definitely.
    Not really. I've even kept my warranty thread alive and try to keep it up to date (although I'm lacking time for that, too).
    You have to be a good diplomat and sometimes have pretty solid nerves, too :D
    Becoming a mod did not cross my mind. When I joined this forum, OnePlus had not launched in India and getting an invite was like a "Jackpot" . I had got the phone to India a good 3 months prior to its launch using a shipping forwarder, Shop n Ship. I was involved in getting a lot of Indians lay their hands on the phone, credit for which should ideally go to @Sanjeev31aug who initiated CLUB INDIA for Indians. On why I wanted to become a mod, check the next answer.
    Since I was moderating unofficially the India section and helping folks to get their phone, all CLUB INDIA thread moderators were approached by OnePlus considering the imminent India Launch. I though about and decided I can contribute better by becoming an official moderator.
    Yes. Absolutely I do. The only regret is post India launch I was unable to focus too much on global sections as India forum was a complete forum by itself. With the phone going invite free, things are better now.
    1. Avoid spamming.
    2. Search the forum once before posting
    3. Be nice and courteous.
    4. Post in the correct sections.
    5. Please tag a mod to close the threads if the purpose is served.
    Undoubtedly a perfect score.
    2 months ago, I would have given a full score, but I have been out of action for a couple of months and maybe for another 4-6 weeks due to some personal constraints. I am sure the team still continues to do the good work they used to. I would give around 8.5 out of 10 now.
    This is sharing & caring community. Please do not commercialize invites . OPO is now easy to get, but with OPT coming soon keep in mind that sharing is caring.
    It depends. When I am free, I have moderated close to even 12 hours. Weekends, I moderate maybe a couple of hours a day maximum.
    Refer to the fourth question. The biggest offender being spamming and bots.
    Yes I am. I should say the mod community is absolutely great :)
    I can still do everything I need to do, however I have to be a bit more "polite" in addressing irritants than I would like to be.
    Do not become a mod for the sake of becoming a mod. First be a part of the community and interact before you think you could contribute something. I have had cupcakes joined 2 hours earlier requesting me for a recommendation.

9. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator May 28, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , May 28, 2015 :
    Awesome @Lunatasian!

Gimme now already!
    Edit: nice! Hard questions!!! Im glad im not a mod! :)

Last edited: May 30, 2015

10. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 28, 2015

11. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

I didn't want it but I have took it
    I have been offered this, so I took the opportunity
    I do not do it for such reason and to be honest mods or any other responsible members are usually not very popular
    The best and simple way is to follow basic rules; (search before post/open thread, be respectful, be helpful, etc)
    Yet again, Always follow rules! Search before you post! Respect others!
    Depends how much time I have. It vary from few minutes to 7+hrs a day
    Repeated questions where user havent even tried to search;useless threads totally unrelated to phone or at least technology
    Still doing it even I'm very annoyed sometimes. I do many more things not just this so I like what I do
    No, I do what I would usually do but as mod I do a bit extra
    Patience, respect others, be helpful as much as you can, walk some extra steps and learn, learn, learn...Nobody knows everything
    I became a moderator because I have been dealing with online forums for a long time. I have been a Moderator on numerous forums (tech related and not), since I was 12 (I am 27 now) and I have worked with several forum software (Invision, VBulletin e.t.c). In addition, I hate clutter (online and offline) so I thought I could help here as a Moderator especially at the beginning of these forums since we had to deal with ALOT of spammers/spam posts.
    I was dealing with OP Support with a service issue I had... Andy Zhang and I had a nice conversation and I asked him if OP needed help on the Moderating team and here I am.
    Yes I do.... sometimes you get the brunt of a member(s) (due to a closed post, bans e.t.c), but Moderators are here for the good of the community. Overall though, Yes
    Be nice to your fellow forum members, try to help as much as you can but more important, as accurate you can, always ask a Moderator if you are unsure of a rule/post e.t.c., be nice to Moderators even if you don't agree with a decision that is made (It's nothing personal :) )
    9/10.
    10/10. The Moderating team has grown a lot, just by sheer numbers (due to the rapid growth of the forums) but this has not affected the effectiveness of Moderating. I am sure that you will realize that the number of spammers/spam posts has dwindled considerably from let's say, a year ago.
    OP is a new company and everyone from hired staff members to the volunteer Moderators are learning on the ropes. Also, a lot of members think we have inside information on products e.t.c.... answer is No, we don't :) .... well maybe some stuff.
    I don't have a set number in my head, but I check the forums numerous times a day. Just depends on my workflow and how busy I am in my real life.
    Sometimes to a lesser degree now, the lack of communication from OP staff members (TO THEIR CREDIT though, it has gotten MUCH better than when I first became a Mod)
    Absolutely. The Moderators/Staff members here are great people and sometimes we get free stuff from OP so no complaints here :)
    The day I feel like I can't speak my mind or give a personal opinion, will be the last day I will be a Moderator here (Hope this answers your questions :) )
    Help out with questions/answers, know the rules of the community and help newer members with them, keep up with regular OP updates (forums, blog posts e.t.c.),

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

12. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

Because of the fancy badge, of course. Finally famous!
    I was asked by a german Mod.
    As far as I know, no one is here for earning s.th.
    It's more likely that you spend a decent amount of time in the forum and want to keep it as an enjoyable place.
    Tag us in case of emergency.
    This is a kind of question, where you're asked "what do you think about women" and your wife is sitting next to you. No matter what you say, it will be wrong.
    Jokes byside, I really enjoy that most of the members are open minded and respectful.
    The forum is one of the very few places in the www, where it doesn't matter where you come or how old you are etc.
    We all are here for the same reason: having a good time and lerning a bit about tech.
    Great team, good support. Seriously.
    Show some love for the Pinoy Fan Club (PFC).
    I'm online roughly 1-2hrs a day, but I'm spending most of the time by reading / writing threads I'm interested in.
    Advertisement spammers.
    Sure. If this change, I should leave.
    Nothing have changed.
    Do not ask for it. ;-)
    Last summer, the forum started to grow pretty fast and the mods back then could use some help, so I offered to help them out. I knew a few mods from the RNC too.
    I applied, sent @Emmanuel a PM.
    Of course! I don’t know how much respect I’m supposed to earn or want to earn but a member thanking me for something I’ve done is already enough to put a smile on my face, and that happens a lot. :)
    Tag us! The Report system is still broken so whenever you see something worth reporting, let us know.
    A definite 10, we all get along really well and the atmosphere is great.
    A forum isn’t meant for unserious business only. It’s rare to see a thread with a genuine question not being answered with at least one or two sarcastic or funny (and thus unhelpful) replies. Instead of writing something like that, try to actually help out as the outcome will be much more rewarding!
    That varies way too much for me to even guess.
    Absolutely! I became a mod on my birthday (4th of July) last year and haven’t had any regrets to date. Wouldn't want to miss it.
    Not at all. I’m less active than I was in such threads but that isn’t because of me being a mod now.
    Contact an Administrator or @Adam Krisko. Do note that you’ll need three mods to endorse you, you won’t get into the moderation team without those endorsements.

13. EpicSwirly
    May 28, 2015

EpicSwirly , May 28, 2015 :
    Reserved.:p

Edit:
    It's really interesting to see all he mods different opinions and thoughts. It really puts into perspective the diversity of not only the OnePlus community general, but also the Moderation Team themselves. It's definitely nice to see how the team sees the community and it's helpful to know how we can improve. Having talked to some of the mods (some of the more sillier ones, for obvious reasons pertaining to my own personality) it's a good reminder that the mods are human too. Something that we tend to forget, and a lot of times mods are constantly attacked because of a decision they make. I think it's an important to take away that mods are only human and they are only members who want the community to become better. It was definitely an interesting read. It put a lot of things into perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015

JHong, don-doe, iTrollz and 16 others like this.
  14. meatandy
    Oreo May 28, 2015

Ceasedd, don-doe, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  15. Adugr8
    Jelly Bean May 28, 2015

ChrisTerp likes this.
  16. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

I wanted to become a mod because i really wanted to help the community and keep the forums clean, fair, and informed.
    Well I was an active member of the RNC group and I build a reputation there with my designs and developed a relationship with some of the other moderators. Once I decided that I wanted to be a mod, I asked the other mods hoe would I go about being one myself. At the time they were not in need of new mods. Then I got a message from an admin a few weeks later to start the process.
    Yes, no matter where you're at or what your doing your going to run into your characters, but overall I get a lot positive feedback from members and most of the members I'v had to warn were pretty respectful towards me.
    For me the only thing I ask for member is just help others. If someone is having an issue or question, help them out. If you don't know the answer but know where to find it forward the information. I know there will always be new members, and there will always be repeat threads. We really don't need members being rude and inconsiderate just because a new member asked a question without searching. It kind of takes away from the community.
    For the community as it stands now, I think its getting better since the phone is out and easier to get. So I'd say about 8-10
    Out if the mods that I talk to and kind of follow once in a while I'd have to give the 9-10 they a really a great group of guys and ladies. They put a lot of time and effort in to do they best they can to keep these forums clean and a good place to hangout on the internet.
    It really comes down to read and follow the rules, do your best to search for your answer first before making a new thread, be kind be respectful, be helpful. If more people would follow those lines the forum I feel would be a lot better.
    In the beginning I spent about 6 hours or so on the forums. Now i stop by once or twice a day for about 30 mins or so. But my work and family schedule has changed dramatically over the last few months, so I'm lucky if I get any free time.
    I'd have to say the single most frustrating part of being a mod are trolls. I'm not talking about the ones the make a joke here or there. I'm talking about the ones that give out false information or try to get away with scamming people.
    Yeah I can say I'm pretty satisfied with my role as a moderator. I've always been the type of person that likes to help out others to the best of my ability. So being a moderator not only helps the OnePlus team but members as well.
    I try and stay involved socially in threads and post as a normal member, because I am a member of the forum. I just a bit more rights to lock, hide, and edit posts and threads. I do feel obligated to practice restraint and keep my cool on occasion but I really don't see it as being a bad thing.
    For member wanting to be a moderator, I guess the best advice I could give is always be kind, helpful, and courteous, gain attention from other mods in a positive way, when helping someone provide facts and not something you just herd from someone else, and make sure your posts have value to them. Also contact @Adam Krisko, you will have to get at least three endorsements for other moderators.
    I was approached by Adam and recommended by another moderator
    It's a thankless job but there will always be users who don't agree on your decisions
    6-7, It was better when there were only a few hundred thousand members lol
    10, Everyone contributes the best they can in the time they can do it
    Were here for a common interest
    I'm typically on everyday but hours vary, Could be anywhere from 1h to 6hrs I'd say
    Not at all, I still participate in the Random Nonsense Club thread every now and then. Were no different than every other forum member.
    You'd probably have to get in contact with @adamkrisko in regards to that

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015

JHong, Transparant, don-doe and 10 others like this.
  17. Gonzo01
    Lollipop May 28, 2015

JHong, Tobikage, ChrisTerp and 2 others like this.
  18. !1+1!
    Honeycomb May 28, 2015

iTrollz and ChrisTerp like this.
  19. barb
    Nougat May 28, 2015

20. Lunatasian
    KitKat May 28, 2015

Sorry! I was trying to reserve some posts, but apparently I was too slow. :p

Thanks for moving though! :)