Mofi Case Review with pics!

1. akthor
    Donut Oct 16, 2014

akthor , Oct 16, 2014 :
    So I lived with an IPhone 4 for two years. I had a screen protector on it in one of this rubber cases with a hard plastic case on the outside and a holster on top of that and while it saved my phone from some drops on concrete an asphalt and flying off my boat while trailering it at highway speeds. It was well... Bulky. I didn't realize how bulky till I stripped the cases off of it after receiving the OPO and not caring what happened to the iPhone. BUT when I stripped the cases off I was amazed at how thin and sleek my old phone felt. Now since the 4 was heavy and both the front AND back are glass I think I was justified is using a bomb proof case. That said after holding the OPO in my hands I was LOATHE to go the big bulky case route.

I have had a Nexus 7 (v2) for over a year in a slim poetic case and while the auto sleep magnet fell out some where and I have dropped it a few times even with no screen protector the Nexus 7 looks brand new and is scratch free. AND I got the case on EBay for like 8 bucks shipped I read on my phone ALOT so holding it like a book is good for me.

Soooo I was really wanting a slim book style case for my OPO. I just won't take it fishing ;-) so I was struggling between 3 cases but what made up my mind was that only one seller on Amazon on no one on EBay was selling any I liked that didn't take the slow boat from china you know 17 to 25 days shipping. Well I needed a case ASAP.

So I got the Brown Mofi case, the one with the steel plate in in the cover. It was a little more money than Ebay or other Amazon sellers, like $12 total. Still not too shabby. Ordered it Sunday it arrived Today!

I am soooo happy I did! Looks great, hold the phone perfectly. Bonus is the steel plate in the cover! I love the rigidity and the extra weight makes the lid sit real flush. AND bonus! It has the auto off wake feature when you open and close it! Now the power button is a little hard to get at but with the auto off/on when I open and close it who cares?!?!? The volume toggle is easy to get at and adjust.

Case feels like real leather. Its a little shinier than I'd like but now I'm quibbling. For $12 in my hand in 3 days I'm amazed and thoroughly pleased and happy!

Pics:
    IMG_20141015_201333.jpg IMG_20141015_201636.jpg

Attached Files:

Rzzycat and gusuraman like this.
  2. hons
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2014

3. GangstaSmurf
    Eclair Oct 16, 2014

4. jymh890
    Froyo Oct 24, 2014

5. Tyronekramsey
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2014

6. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Nov 3, 2014

EpicSwirly , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I got the exact same case for 6$. I hate it. It's like 69 pounds heavy and a bulge in your pants like no other.

7. Rzzycat
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

Rzzycat , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I haven't had this kind of case before & have already ordered a different one from Amazon for my phone which hasn't been sent yet. Does this kind of case protect all the sides of the phone? And have you tried out the stand feature, and if so, how well does it hold it up? Thank you for the review, there are no comments on Amazon to go by.

8. akthor
    Donut Nov 19, 2014

akthor , Nov 19, 2014 :
    Yes phone fits into a rubber case that holds the phone the leather wraps around like a book and the front cover has a steel plate in it. The leather extends past the phone like a book cover past the pages of a book. So its protected on all sides. I've dropped the phone several times and on cement no less no damage and I don't use a screen protector.