[Monthly Tabloid: MARCH] Lights, Camera, Action!

1. YRJ KitKat Apr 2, 2019

YRJ, Apr 2, 2019 :
    20190402_234126_0000.png

Hi Folks,
    How was March? I hope it was easy on all of you although it wasn't the best for me :oops:
    When it comes to March it is notorious for being harsh on the working class and businesses, I'm glad it's over. Phew.....
    If you are wondering why the monthly update has been delayed, blame the 1st of April! I've heard people do not believe anything that's served on April 1st, it was all good until...... Not going there ofc!
    Certainly not fooling anyone.

With that said, let's have a look at what all went by the last month ;)

The Month In Review:
    • The biggest announcement of the month, we meet the #PMChallenge winner. As speculated by me (pure guesswork) it was @Its.Leandroo who bagged the winning trophy. His huge AF, thread is a feast to the eyes. Beautiful illustrations and comprehensive description refining OxygenOS and how the best can get even better, was represented very well by Leandroo. He must be beaming right now and why shouldn't he? His dedication and commitment towards the challenge was clearly seen in his thread. Congrats again lucky man ;) @Gary C. Justified the winning entry and hinted on the top 5 ideas that made the cut (internally) Do check out leandroo's and Gary C. 's threads.
    • With the month of March comes the festival of colours Holi, thanks to @Joel Jacob the OnePlus India community had a fun filled holi and joining the celebrations were Kevin Abosch @Pete and @Szymon K. and oneplus's colourful sloth @GopalB. Szymon and Joel's bhaang infused moves had me ROFL!! [NSFW content warning]
    • March 8 of every year is celebrated as International Women's Day, here at OnePlus we learn of the amazing and wonderful women that work on screen and behind the scenes, making what OnePlus is today. Check out @Dale F. 's thread on the wonderful and powerful women of OnePlus :cool:
    • Guess who's back!? :smirk: It's none other than the OEF's @Ruby G. and @Joel Jacob brought back the Open Ear forums in the United States and India respectively. The applications for India is still on, incase you are a developer or think you can contribute, don't miss out on this one ;) apply soon.
    • Finally, @Malindi S. Joins the forums and this time she comes with a bang ;) Malindi has brought to us the biggest mobile filming competition and the prizes are HUGE! The Mobile Film-making masterclass is an amazing series, Italian director and film-maker Giacomo Montavani has some great tips and lessons on mobile Film-making. I've read a ton of awesome stories and seen the most beautiful storyboards. The top 10 will be announced shortly and we will get to see the movies made by the best of OnePlus community directors soon, so stay tuned!
    • @dsmonteiro hosted The best app for the month! He will declare the winner soon and also his thread is a treasure trove of one of the best and most useful apps that may help you in your everyday life, my personal favourite is @Drewbikscube 's recommendation Anylist ;)
    • Btw, which is a better City: London or New York? Curious? Kill the curiousity here Which is a better City: London or New York?
    • Shot on OnePlus for the month of March ended with great submissions, @cdnfarmer has shortlisted the top hundred among them, the mods will now vote for the top 10 and the best of them will finally be announced by @Crystal Z. and the rest of the team ;) This months SOOP is hosted by @otto2 and this month there are 10 OnePlus one bacon boxes for grabs! I'm sure @script and the rest of the team will hand them to the most deserving only, right script :smirk: :tearsofjoy: Do post your amazing shots in the latest April thread ;)
    • @Manu J. Has been the best software Guru this month, with updates for all the devices except the 3 and T :rolleyes: don't worry our guru is already on the CBT and the OBT will be released very soon ;) oops, I just tagged him :oops:
    • @David Y. Had started the Community's Monday Chatbox. Every week on monday a new staff member will host the thread for all of us to chillax and have fun! @dsmonteiro already has the second one ;)
    • Last but not the least @Ruby G. Bid us all goodbye as she now set sail on a new journey as North America's Community Manager. All the best @Ruby G. And don't forget your global friends.
    The Secret Diary/Live from New York:
    Tech picks this month:
    A lot has happened this month talking of new tech!
    • Recently, Google held its GDC 2019 where they announced their latest cloud based gaming service STADIA. People are skeptical and I have seen a lot of mixed reactions, more about it here: STADIA : Let the games Begin!
    • Similarly, Apple held an event too, but I'm still tryna figure out what exactly they launched on the 25th of March 2019. Like STADIA I made a thread on this too, if your interested it's just a click away! Apple - It's show time! | Much ado about nothing?
    • Samsung has launched 3 phones at their recent event S10/S10+/S10e. While it's a matter of preference I really like the S10+ and how the punch hole, containing 2 cameras has been incorporated so well in the middle of a display!
    • Talking of smartphones Huawei launched one of the most beautiful and close to perfect phones last month, I for one can't take my eyes of the P30 Pro. The specs are amazing the cameras are awesome, I couldn't ask for more. Kudos!!
    Threader of the Month:
    Yup! I said 'threader' , the series Contraluz hosted by @jlasensiofi in the Spain subforum was one of the most informative set of threads I've ever read, the sheer amount of hardwork and dedication put into those threads is astounding. I'm looking forward to who will continue this series in the future. Do check out the 7 threads on jlasensiofi's profile. :)

That's said, I hope you all have an amazing April and stop fooling around :D
    I tried my best to summarise the entire of March in this thread, if there is any error fell free to point out by commenting below or sending me a PM.

Have a great time.
    Peace :)
    YRJ

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

2. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 2, 2019

3. YRJ KitKat Apr 2, 2019

YRJ, Apr 2, 2019 :
    Haha thanks :)
    I'm surprised that it hasn't changed eventhough it's 2nd April :eek:

4. meatandy Nougat Apr 2, 2019

5. YRJ KitKat Apr 2, 2019

YRJ, Apr 2, 2019 :
    You always say that, Andy! :rolleyes: :p

6. G_plusone Lollipop Apr 2, 2019

buntycubal, jlasensiofi and YRJ like this.
  7. YRJ KitKat Apr 2, 2019

buntycubal and jlasensiofi like this.
  8. jlasensiofi KitKat Apr 2, 2019

jlasensiofi, Apr 2, 2019 :
    OMG!!! I am really amazed and overwhelmed. Thank you very much for your mention, mate.

Your words fill me with pride and it is very satisfying that, a hard and modest job, have this recognition, which moved to OnePlus Spain because without them I could never have done it.

Of course I hope, and would be happy to collaborate on successive occasions if this is deemed appropriate.

Heartfelt thanks and congratulations for this fabulous post. It's 10.

Never Settle.

meatandy, OceaneSxm, script and 5 others like this.
  9. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2019

cdnfarmer, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Another great post by you @YRJ . Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work

10. buntycubal Lollipop Apr 3, 2019

buntycubal, Apr 3, 2019 :
    C1ARouqWQAA7yHP-01.jpeg

Venky61, meatandy, sommersy and 7 others like this.
  11. YRJ KitKat Apr 3, 2019

YRJ, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Thank you jlasensiofi, your efforts are commendable. Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks @cdnfarmer , I'm glad it turned out well :)

12. YRJ KitKat Apr 3, 2019

jlasensiofi and buntycubal like this.
  13. GopalB. Marshmallow Apr 3, 2019

meatandy, Ruby G., buntycubal and 3 others like this.
  14. Dresa91 Oreo Apr 3, 2019

15. OceaneSxm Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2019

16. YRJ KitKat Apr 3, 2019

YRJ, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Thanks Dresa! :D
    Heheheh, thanks Oceane :p

17. Dresa91 Oreo Apr 3, 2019

buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  18. YRJ KitKat Apr 3, 2019

Dresa91 likes this.
  19. sw_btn Froyo Apr 3, 2019

sw_btn, Apr 3, 2019 :
    my March was worrying for OP team..as stable version will be released with March security patch...hope I would see wow factor this time if OP team does engage in update programs properly....however, team seems busy in 5g and next upcoming model....

20. jlasensiofi KitKat Apr 3, 2019

jlasensiofi, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Infinite thanks again, my friend :)

This is a real pleasure to do works of this type, no matter how hard some have been ;)

Never Settle.

meatandy, buntycubal and YRJ like this.