More gifts to normal buyers than to those who pre-ordered?

1. Johnny-X
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Johnny-X , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Couldn't help noticing from the Nord's Instagram stories that there were several people who ordered the phone today and who got quite a lot of free gifts - the exclusive packaging, AR cardboard, sticker pack, as well something from a pool including creator cases, tote bags and bottles, at least from what I saw.

I got mine from the third round of pre-orders, and got the exclusive packaging, cardboard and sticker pack with the pre-order voucher, but the free mystery gift I received with the phone was a black sandstone case. I had actually ordered a creator case separately, since I couldn't know what the mystery gift was gonna be.

Kinda feel like I would have been better off just ordering it today after all.

alextoledo and Rodrigo Simões like this.
  2. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020

3. Johnny-X
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Johnny-X , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I figured I'd pre-order to have some nice extras included, since I had decided to buy the Nord anyway, so I figured I'd might as well do it as a pre-order and get the extras than buying it later with no extras...but turns out it didn't quite work that way 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

jotei66 likes this.
  4. JavierL
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

Nelgalisil likes this.
  5. Nelgalisil
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020

Nelgalisil , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Not true. Got same as popup but could chose buds as a gift instead of cases and water botles

MasterNymph likes this.
  6. jotei66
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

jotei66 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Considering they were out of stock after like 5 mins (I ordered mine 5 mins after open for sale ) . Most would of received no freebies at all (me included) .but I now also hear the freebies miraculously came back in stock ..whether it was a website issue due to being busy or some other issue, many lost out & I doubt OnePlus will honour those who lost out due to the stock problem.

7. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

palc , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    @dsmonteiro could you help here?

8. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Shiba±06 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I agree, with all the hype they made with special presents, it's weird that people on the normal sales get something like cases, just like a lot of people received in pre-order + they could select more then one gift :/
    what's up with that?! they could see what they selected and got more then us.

They should've giving those who pre-ordered different kind of gifts, because now those who blindly trusted OnePlus feel cheated.

(I got the buds, because I read the forum and saw what gifts you could get, so I am happy. on the other hand I had almost a screenprotector 😕 and all of us just received 1 gift. I just think if you have a water bottle, bag + case it's really cool too )

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

alextoledo and Johnny-X like this.
  9. RiezNL
    Donut Aug 5, 2020

RiezNL , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Seriously I'm getting so tired about people crying about gifts.... Nothing is free. If you give companies money before they deliver that is on you. Don't be a crybaby and take a lesson to not pre order stuff. Same with games and stuff.

ion2910 and Matt 80 like this.
  10. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Then stop reading it.

11. ion2910
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

ion2910 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Tbh I don't give a sh*t about those gifts, they are useless anyway.
    More important is to have a good and quality phone.
    Cheers.

Shiba±06 likes this.
  12. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

That's true, I like my gift but I paid for my phone and just want it to be a good, I want to be able to enjoy it for awhile [e]1f601[/e]

ion2910 likes this.
  13. alextoledo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

alextoledo , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 5, 2020 :
    They should not see it as crying or whatever they want to call it. As consumers they have the right to claim what is theirs, without us they are nothing and I hope that in the future it will take its toll and leave the HYPE aside and focus on the phone.

I received only one case and I am really happy with the mobile, it has room for improvement in many aspects but it is useful for day to day. But that does not mean that I was stupid when people receive more than me for the same price and betting from the first moment.

If a user is not satisfied ... Never settle

PD. Speaking badly and quickly, why don't they have the holy balls to clear things up? Your only solution is to stay silent.

Johnny-X likes this.
  14. RiezNL
    Donut Aug 5, 2020

RiezNL , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Or stop pre ordening stuff... Vote with your wallet. I used to be in sales and would always laugh about people that would buy everything when they got a "gift" you pay for it one way or the other..

15. Shiba±06
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

RiezNL

Or stop pre ordening stuff... Vote with your wallet. I used to be in sales and would always laugh about people that would buy everything when they got a "gift" you pay for it one way or the other..​

I do agree with not ordering things if you have a high expectation.
    To be honest I just wanted the phone, before the normal sale started and I got it! The buds are just a good suprise for me 🤗
    If I had other expectations, I would've waited on the normal sales to see what I would get for sure.

On the other hand OnePlus did promise to those who pre-ordered great unique gifts and giving those things and even more away in normal sales, is a bit like a cheat towards those they promised more.
    [I do get the sales angle, but that's not what I'm talking about right now]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

Johnny-X likes this.