Most stable Nougat Based ROM for OnePlus X

1. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

dantelecan , Aug 11, 2017 :
    Hey guys! Can you share your thoughts about the Nougat based ROM that you tested for OnePlus X. I'm most interested in stability, so the ROM doesn't crash, and all the features work, like mobile network, GPS, etc. I want a ROM that can be a daily driver, so should be as close as possible to OxygenOS stability. I heard some good feedback about Paranoid Android 7.2.1 and LineageOS, but I'm curious about other ROMs too if they are stable. So please provide your feedback. Also one more thing on which I'm interested is that the ROM has a camera (or a camera app can be installed) which allows manual controls like shutter speed manual control, manual focus, etc. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

usama56 likes this.
  2. Gradus
    Donut Aug 11, 2017

Fstop and dantelecan like this.
  3. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

Thanks for the reply! How is the camera quality? Does it have manual controls? Can you install OxygenOS camera in it?

4. Gradus
    Donut Aug 11, 2017

Gradus , Aug 11, 2017 :
    you can Google camera install. I shose for Los camera i think it's for me satisfied enough.

dantelecan likes this.
  5. pojr
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2017

pojr , Aug 11, 2017 :
    Paronoid Android is the best I've tried. Been using it for weeks. Works great.

Sultan's CyanogenMod 13 is very good. Its like lineage but has a much better camera. Its only Marshmallow though. To me, Nougat is nothing more than a number.

I heard good things about Candy 7, which is made by a lot of the same team members as Paranoid. Although I can't imagine it's better than Paranoid

dantelecan likes this.
  6. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

Thanks for the reply! What is the camera quality In Paranoid? Are you able to use manual mode? Also does the FM Radio works in Paranoid?

7. pojr
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2017

pojr , Aug 11, 2017 :
    FM Radio I'll have to check into. It is on here, but I don't use it

The camera quality is great. I think its a little clearer than Sultan's HAL. Here's the settings:

[​IMG]

You do get some different options to play around with.

My only issue is that the camera is laggy in dark areas. Sultan did not have this issue.

dantelecan likes this.
  8. Murman
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2017

Murman , Aug 11, 2017 :
    You can always try Open Camera from the Play store. Full manual control, excellent IQ. It has worked on every ROM I've tried on the OP2.

dantelecan likes this.
  9. yoursbalag
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

yoursbalag , Aug 11, 2017 :
    Could someone please narrate steps for installing Paranoid 7.2.1

Also if possible pls share screen shots of Paranoid UI...

212477 and dantelecan like this.
  10. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 11, 2017

Mr. BG , Aug 11, 2017 :
    As I've mentioned in the FAQ there are two good stable ROM's, PA and LineageOS.

Both are fully functional, great and stable really, with different advantages that you can check out on their websites.

I'd recommend the paid version of Camera FV5 on the OPX, great app with full manual controls, well worth the money.

Also, use that search button, as the answer to your questions have been answered before quite often.

Cheers! :)

11. Miguel Daban
    Eclair Aug 12, 2017

Miguel Daban , Aug 12, 2017 :
    but in the oneplus X the off screen gestures dont go

12. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2017

dantelecan , Aug 13, 2017 :
    Yeah, I know that there were already answears about this topic on this forum. But I wanted to know about up to date opinions, because these ROMs are changing really fast. Thanks about the answear!

13. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 13, 2017

Mr. BG , Aug 13, 2017 :
    There used to be devs here, and asking these questions was a good idea in the past.

But they all left.

Guess you're better off on XDA out something.

opticoverload, Fstop and dantelecan like this.
  14. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2017

dantelecan , Aug 14, 2017 :
    Yeah, I think you're right...

15. kk99
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2017

kk99 , Aug 15, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I would like to upgrade from OOS 3.1.4 to Nougat based ROM and I consider two options: Linage OS and Paranoid OS. Which of these two ROM have support for all functions present in OOS e.g. Radio FM and have less number of bugs ?

Fstop likes this.
  16. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Aug 15, 2017

Mr. BG , Aug 15, 2017 :
    Please use the search button and the forums of these roms. You won't find an excessive comparison here I'm afraid.

17. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2017

dantelecan , Aug 15, 2017 :
    I'm interested in FM Radio too...

@pojr Did you had time to check if FM Radio works in Paranoid?

18. kk99
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2017

kk99 , Aug 15, 2017 :
    I have installed Paranoid and FM radio works fine. Generally Paranoid looks very similar to Oxygen OS e.g. it have bubble notifications. So, now I am testing this ROM but it looks like that basic features works fine.

Is anybody know how I can check date of security patches in Paranoid OS ?

dantelecan likes this.
  19. dantelecan
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2017

dantelecan , Aug 15, 2017 :
    Thanks for telling us about the FM Radio app! Please reply back in a day or two, telling us if you had any problems, like if the phone app is stable, or if you had any crash. I really want to try this ROM, but I want to know that is stable. Thanks!

20. rahulshaha
    Donut Aug 18, 2017

rahulshaha , Aug 18, 2017 :
    I tried lineage (nearly stock), resurrection remix (plenty of customization but battery eater), paranoid android ( close to oxygen but currently there are few bugs).

Currently i am on [ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2] AOSP-JDC by jdc team and for me it is the perfect rom with a good battery life and the most important it has the original FULLY WORKING oxygen camera with manual support which in my opinion lacks in other roms.

Sundar_Kanduri, bplesa, Fstop and 2 others like this.