Other Motherboard Problems with New 5T

1. docpraveen
    Donut Jan 10, 2018

docpraveen , Jan 10, 2018 :
    Bought my 5T (128GB)at the 1st sale on Amazon in India. Within 15 days of using ,the phone started giving trouble. I could not make calls as the reciever could only hear a loud crackling disturbance. This happened on and off for a day or two..then became almost constant. As I was travelling, I had to pick a standby phone to communicate. Managed to get to a One plus service center yesterday ( around a month after delivery of my phone)

I've been told that the motherboard needs to be replaced and will have to wait for seven days.

I dont want to keep a phone thats needed major repairs in such a short time. Am having serious doubts about the reliability of the device. I contacted customer care but they won't even consider a refund or replacement.

Considering approaching consumer court.

ceshi123 and 999kk like this.
  2. G_Vivek_Sharma_xSAp
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2018

G_Vivek_Sharma_xSAp , Feb 28, 2018 :
    Same thing happen my side also I bought oneplus5t at 18 dec and 15 Feb is just hanged and It was not turn on then I went to service center they said that motherboard issue . tilldate I don't have any solution they saying we don't have motherboard, its very ridiculous ...
    I need an instant solution to this problem at the earliest. Either solve this or refund the price I have paid for the product. This is really disappointing.
    I request you to escalate this issue to the management and sort out this issue ASAP.

3. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 28, 2018

camohan , Feb 28, 2018 :
    Raise a customer support ticket and pm me with the ticket number and details of which service centre you approached for repairs.

izzykasha and adil_911_ like this.
  4. G_Michał_L_VJCp
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2018

G_Michał_L_VJCp , Feb 28, 2018 :
    If they replace the whole mobo for new one, you'll have like a partially new phone. I wouldn't bother if I were u, it's brand new device and all of them fail sometimes. Doesn't matter what it is and who's a producer. Every new device may break after short time because they prefer to repair/change for new one instead of making 100% accurate testing procedure before selling. It'd end up in faulty devices, too, just less of them but it'd cost a lot of money to make preselling tests more accurate and more demanding. So it's besically useless. Remember that they produce thousands of OP5T and just because tiny percentage of them is faulty, doesn't mean the phone is not reliable. This is just silly thinking. Based on it, everything's not reliable because everything gets broken sometimes, especially brand new things. Just not necessarily all YOUR devices but someone elses with exactly the same devices but you don't know about it and e.g. say that X producer is great because their device works fine for you. What about others who bought faulty ones? They say X producer's shitty. Who's right here? You see, that's just bad thesis from the very beginning. There's nothing in the world that's serialized and has 0% of faulty products. If you prefer a brand new device, you'd be given a brand new one that may also be faulty in all possible ways since they're all tested the same way. What's the point of that? Isn't it better to change faulty part and test your phone and they get it back to you fully tested around your EXACT issue? I'd prefer it this way, imo.

5. G_Vivek_Sharma_xSAp
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2018

G_Vivek_Sharma_xSAp , Mar 1, 2018 :
    customer support ticket is 2085178

6. 999kk
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

999kk , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Mine too same problem with oneplus 5t

7. 999kk
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

999kk , Dec 8, 2019 :
    What is the solution ??