Moto Z Play vs OP3T; battery life focus

1. felinos11
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

felinos11 , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Z play came out in August. Should have started aging by now, right?

2. rahulmm
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

rahulmm , Feb 3, 2017 :
    I'm talking about the aging of the ROM by usage. As in aging since setting it up. A factory reset would restart the aging. You get what I am saying?

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

theshinybeast , Feb 3, 2017 :
    I'm most definitely not trolling for no reason, if I call you out on something I honestly think it's not right, good battery maybe but 13 hrs , nope. I think you'll find I'm no fanboy, troll, hater. I'm just saying that it is just plain wrong to claim 13hours SOT. All the rest may be true and I am glad you like your phone ( not trollingo_O ) but no, that just is not a thing I'm afraid. :)

4. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

funmunke , Feb 3, 2017 :
    I have both. On average I get 30% more usage out of the Play. If I add the battery mod, I get a lot more than that.

On the downside - OP is actually a lot better at pushing updates out. Lenovo is near the bottom. They are just awful when it comes to that, which is inexcusable. The Play is so close to stock it's not even funny.

theshinybeast and felinos11 like this.
  5. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

funmunke , Feb 3, 2017 :
    The Moto Z Play is the most efficient phone I've ever had when it comes to battery life. It's not even close.

felinos11 likes this.
  6. felinos11
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

Finally someone that owns them both lol. Despite slow updates, can you confirm that software is perfectly optimized and no lag? Slow updates is true, but at least everything works as expected and Moto tweaks are fun to have. Of course end of the day we prefer OP because we like to tweak the phones amd mess with them, but in the efficiency department Moto did great job.

funmunke likes this.
  7. felinos11
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

That is on wifi and I don't play many games on my phone. How much SOT do you get on your OP3T? If I tell you I got 7hours25 minutes all stock, you will still call BS on that?

Attached Files:

8. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

funmunke , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Considering how much less horsepower the Z has, it's shocking how smooth it is. The only time I can manage lag is when I delete large video files (dash cam app). Other than that, I never notice a difference.

felinos11 likes this.
  9. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

nobelium76 and funmunke like this.
  10. felinos11
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

No worries I will post the screenshots. Get ready to find another excuse then

11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

13 hours SOT I do NOT see.o_O Yes, it's great battery life and I am genuinely glad it works for you but don't claim 13 freakin' hours SOT when it's just not true.You get it?

12. felinos11
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

Those are OP3T screenshots. But You have never used that phone lol and you do not know my usage patterns. Obviosuly you are trolling so ok whatever youy say sunshine feels better now?

13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

You just did and it tells me it's more like 7 and a bit hours SOT , which is really good mate BUT it's not 13 HOURS mate. I told you I'm not trolling you but .....:rolleyes:

14. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

funmunke , Feb 3, 2017 :
    It's possible - over on XDA there is a thread for this. The biggest I've seen is over 14hrs of SOT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now for the KING
    [​IMG]

felinos11 likes this.
  15. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

felinos11 and theshinybeast like this.
  16. AravindAVD
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2017

17. Akiva
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

Akiva , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Having had both I much prefer the oneplus 3t. The moto x play is just a google now launcher while the oneplus had oxygen which at is current state I like very much. I would take 6 hours SOT for a 24 hour use any day over using the moto x play for 2 days with extreme levels of SOT. I'm not such a google now launcher fan and I really like Oxygen. Plus I hate how heavy and bulky the moto is with its super curved back making it not ready to use with a car phone holder. Especially with dash charge it's a way better product. Not very close at performance in my opinion. While I did like the moto is not close to the same level

funmunke likes this.
  18. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Feb 3, 2017 :
    OP3T mostly on wifi and mobile data. Getting good SOT is based on usage pattern. Moto Z play does have a better battery than OP3T, but I dont think OP3T is having such a poor performance that its half that of Moto Z Play
    1486155510671.jpg

1486155510768.jpg

funmunke likes this.
  19. funmunke
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2017

funmunke , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Then you'll be glad to know that Google is pulling the Google Now launcher from the Play store at the end of the Qtr. Not sure what that means for handsets running it.

Akiva likes this.
  20. Akiva
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017