Motorcycle stand.

1. Darksifu
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Darksifu , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Hey everyone. I was thinking, if any of you know, if the OPO is useful as a GPS when I ride my motorcycle. I don't have an invite, or the phone, so i am using the dreadful time between invites, to check if I can use the phone.
    Is there some out there who is using the phone as a GPS?
    Is it possible too purchase a waterproof bag/cover with an transparent top?
    Thanks in advance!

2. onifur
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

onifur , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Watch some motovloggers in youtube. Some use smartphones as GPS. I can also use this, specially if you can get a place to mount it in.

3. harshadkmishra
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

harshadkmishra , Aug 11, 2014 :
    But aren't GPS's hardier? If you're going off-roading, wouldn't it better to have something that can take a few knocks?

4. onifur
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

onifur , Aug 11, 2014 :
    No. If it is secure is bracket it will not fall off. And I dont think that a smart person would do enduro with it.

5. Darksifu
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

Darksifu , Aug 11, 2014 :
    If the hard cover comes with a mount, it should stay one even at 200+ speed, and the big display, and memory, makes it ideal for offline land maps and navigation.
    Do the phone have real GPS og aGPS??

6. Rhum_1
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2014

Rhum_1 , Sep 12, 2014 :
    To the question : "Is a smartphone usable for motorcycle GPS ?" the answer is yes, definitely (especially if it announce speed cameras :).

But now the next question is : "Is there a great motorcycle mount compatible for OPO ?". I didn't founded yet :(

7. martalli
    Eclair Dec 6, 2014

martalli , Dec 6, 2014 :
    If you are looking for a mounting solution for any cell phone, RAM Mounts is probably the solution you are looking for. They have a number of ways to attach to the bike, hold the cell, and a variety of solutions in between the mount and the cell phone holder (swing arms, etc.). If you have a metallic tank, a simple tank bag might be a nice solution...and you could snake a usb cable from a battery inside the bag to give you more battery life, too.

http://www.rammount.com/products/motorcycle

8. towe96
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2014

towe96 , Dec 6, 2014 :
    I do use my OPO as a GPS on my motorcycle. Rain is not an issue, it's sufficiently waterproof.
    I use a Minoura PhoneGrip ICH-100.
    It is classified as a bicycle phone holder, but as long as you have a round handlebar, it'll work just fine.
    You can even take decent videos with it.

Yes, the fit with the One is very tight (you have to slide it in from the top), but it's nice and secure - and it's only about 20€.