Motorola Power Pack Slim 4000 [w/Pics]

1. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2014

jthe111 , Dec 1, 2014 :
    This is my first review thread on a product (really my first thread in general so be nice to me, also if there is already a thread for this product I have yet to locate it)

Motorola Power Pack Slim 4000:http://www.motorola.com/us/accessor...series/universal-power-packs-slim-series.html

I purchased this product on a whim because I dont enjoy having to locate outlets or keep my OEM charger with me if I need some juice. I found this product on ebay after doing some research on other power packs and though why not. The price is right, it looks nice a slim (on the ebay pictures). On ebay I found it for roughly $50 CAD with shipping. When I received it I was plesently surprised with how it looked and felt. Based on the pictures attached you can see why I was very impressed.

IMG_20141128_183446.jpg IMG_20141128_183608.jpg IMG_20141128_183645.jpg IMG_20141128_183700.jpg IMG_20141128_183718.jpg IMG_20141128_183801.jpg
    (The pictures aren't the best I know. I didnt use my OPO I used my Samsung Potato)
    It's a very slim and good looking product. The features included on this power pack are very nice for the price:
    • Integrated Micro USB cable
    • LED indicator for power level based on 25% increments
    • USB Port for non-micro USB devices (or if the intgrated cable goes the way of the dodo)
    • Power indicator buton that turns the device on and off
    • Micro USB port for charging the device.
    Now you are probably thinking to yourself, well those features are all fine and dandy but what about the reason this device exists? What about the battery? Well the name of the device gives it away. It houses a 4000mah batter in that slim build. Which would give you about one full charge and a bit. But the key to this baby is how quickly it can change. Now I am no Electrical Engineer or tech guru. Just an average joe that wanted some extra juice for his baby. Based on the week or so that I have played with this toy I have noticed that it can charge roughly the same time as my OEM outlet charger (+/- 15-20 mins). That's very important with this charger. I have played with many no name chargers with my OPO and noticed that even though they say it will charge the device, it doesnt do it fast enough or will use more power to keep the charger on and charging, so you end up loosing more juice with that.

So thats the device in a nutshell. The only thing I can think that would take that device that one step further would bee to replace the plasic housing with a nice brushed aluminum or black metal housing. That would add a tiny bit more weight to the device but it would add to the premium look of the device.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014

2. chopchopw
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2014

chopchopw , Dec 1, 2014 :
    not sure about the conversion rate. But at average 70% conversion rate you will be lucky to fully charge your opo once. I would honestly suggest getting a 10000mah battery if you want to charge your phone more than once.