Move from iPhone to OnePlus via OnePlus Switch (Beta)

1. Gary C. OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Nov 2, 2018

Gary C., Nov 2, 2018 :
    Hi everybody! If you are using iPhone and don't know how to transfer data to OnePlus device. Our new version of the Switch app can help you. Follow the steps below, to migrate your data with ease.

Part 1. What can OnePlus Switch do?

You can bring all your treasured memories such as your photos, messages, videos, contacts and more to your new phone without having to connect to the internet while migrating your data. You can get the migration speed of 5G network while doing the same. However, due to restrictions on access on the iPhone, only contact, messages, images and videos can be migrated.

Part 1 iOS en.png

Part 2. Where can I find OnePlus Switch?

To use the OnePlus Switch’s function, please install OnePlus Switch in your iPhone and OnePlus device.
    • On your OnePlus device, download [OnePlus Switch Android version V2.2.0], install in your OnePlus device. Once done you can find it in your app drawer.
    • On your iPhone, download [OnePlus Switch iOS version: https://www.pgyer.com/iWuu] and install in your iPhone. Please note that after the installation is complete. Open Settings to follow the below steps.
      • Click "General";
      • Find "Device Management";
      • Choose the "Gemstones and Diamonds Exchange sro" and trust it. (Trusting the developer is just to get the permission to use the app. Your data is safe and won’t be leaked)
    Part 3. How do I use it?
    Open OnePlus Switch app in your OnePlus device

eng.png
    • Choose "I'm a new phone" (Only OnePlus 3 and the above models can be the receiving devices as a new phone.) ;
    • Select your old device as iPhone;
    • Click "CONTINUE" and you will get a Network name and Password of the hotspot for you to connect to your iPhone.
    Open OnePlus Switch app in your iPhone

Part 2 iOS en.png

• Choose "I’m an old Phone";
    • Click "Connect" button;
    • Go to "Wi-Fi", find the network name shown in OnePlus device and enter the password to connect the hotspot;
    • Go back to OnePlus Switch after connecting;
    • Select the data you want to migrate and click on "Start".
    Tips:
    1. We suggest keeping OnePlus Switch open during the whole process for data integrity;
    2. If there is a lot of data on the phone which is being transferred, the switch app may remain at the prompt connection interface after returning and wait for a moment to automatically jump to the apple phone.
    iPhone: the sending device

Part 3 iOS en.png

OnePlus device: the receiving device

Artboard Copy.png

Part 4. Notes
    • For now OnePlus Switch iOS version is only suitable for iPhone5 and the above models with iOS9 and the above versions;
    • Before the migration, some popups will appear to let the app obtain the permission, which is required for the complete transmission of data. The whole migration process will be carried out through mobile hotspots, and the user data will not be transmitted to any server;
    • OnePlus Switch Android version V2.2.0 is a beta version. If you meet some problems while using, you can uninstall the app and reinstall it, then try again.
    • If you didn't transfer all your data the first time, don't worry, OnePlus Switch stores the status of data transfer, and you can continue to migrate the rest of the data later on;
    • If you like this app or have more feedbacks, you can give us comments on Google Play Store.
    If you have any questions, contact us at Apps_switch@oneplus.com

Never Settle.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018

2. Kedros Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

3. 97pratyush Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

97pratyush, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Awesome. Now I can transfer data from iPhone (when I buy it).

Or maybe when I can afford a $1000 phone.

Or maybe nahhh..OnePlus for Life <3.
    Satisfied with OnePlus and it's Customizations. (y)

4. jocxFIN Donut Nov 3, 2018

jocxFIN, Nov 3, 2018 :
    That's nice! This could help ios users to move from their phones to op phones!

P1538151560972 and Ray_014 like this.
  5. MoonDrop Donut Nov 3, 2018

MoonDrop, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Does using this method burn my data? (i have like 20G of pictues from my iphone...)

G_Rahul_Agarwala_qHkX likes this.
  6. E1541265351992 Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

7. Jeftson08 Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

Jeftson08, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Hi when I select the old device as iPhone it says beta phase and will be redirected to community, please help.

iamnikhil17 and I1541161053208 like this.
  8. goforjoshua Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

goforjoshua, Nov 4, 2018 :
    Great! New user coming from an iPhone 7 Plus, waiting for my 6T to arrive. ETA Thursday. I'll be sure to give it a whirl

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018

iamnikhil17 and Q1541426681784 like this.
  9. ManOnTheMoon Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

ManOnTheMoon, Nov 4, 2018 :
    iPhone user here who's OnePlus 6T arrives tomorrow!! This will be my first OnePlus device but have followed your company's progress through the years! My last Android device was the Nexus 6P so I am excited to use Android again! I have downloaded and installed the OnePlus Switch on iPhone successfully!! Love that you give users beta opportunities as I have ran the beta iOS versions and have tested beta apps for other companies in the past!! Liking this experience already!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018

10. Allstar12345 Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

Allstar12345, Nov 5, 2018 :
    You'll love 1+, I came from a 6p to a 1+5 on release and you won't believe how smooth and fast everything is compared to our ignored nexus devices.

11. G_Shivam_Gupta_hGaK Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

G_Shivam_Gupta_hGaK, Nov 5, 2018 :
    if oneplus switch cant be used to transfer installed apps data such as whatsapp nd all ...then ots better to use google drive it has the prob but more reliable

12. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Nov 5, 2018 :
    You also can't transfer app data from iOS to Android via GDrive...

13. G_Shivam_Gupta_hGaK Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

14. Necronaut Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2018

Necronaut, Nov 5, 2018 :
    Right on for upping this. I will be rotating between apple and OPO and this will be helpful.

15. Delfino87 Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

16. LucaF81 Eclair Nov 5, 2018

LucaF81, Nov 5, 2018 :
    My wife is waiting to buy it. She's waiting the WhatsApp conversations transfer, in order to avoid to lose years of work-conversations stored in icloud.
    Will she wait forever? Or this could happen soon?

(Btw: tomorrow i'll buy mine ;) )

anupambharti likes this.
  17. Majuran thas Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

18. pelicaano The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 5, 2018

pelicaano, Nov 5, 2018 :
    awesome!! all worked perfectly but couldn't backup the messages on an iPhone

19. A1541323361837 Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

A1541323361837, Nov 6, 2018 :
    There are many issue with the games. the edges of each and every game cuts down.

The edges of instagram photos cuts down.

The phone does not get full charged in 30 mins.

20. H1541347501525 Donut Nov 6, 2018