Move from iPhone to OnePlus via OnePlus Switch (Beta)

1. teja4005 Cupcake Dec 25, 2018

teja4005, Dec 25, 2018 :
    i don't have my iphone right now...can i transfer my data through using apple id ...is there any chance to get my data back!!

2. T1546087943432 Cupcake Dec 29, 2018

T1546087943432, Dec 29, 2018 :
    Hello guys!

I just switched from my iPhone 6s plus to the OnePlus 6T and i must say i am impressed!

i am so excited to test out this android experience with this amazing hardware!

3. V1541000107838 Cupcake Dec 29, 2018

4. LCollinsJr82 Gingerbread Dec 30, 2018

LCollinsJr82, Dec 30, 2018 :
    I'm sure you're going to love it! I went from a 7+ to the 6T and can't believe I spent so many years on iOS. Android just has so many more features that I just can't see myself without now.

5. scottnezos Cupcake Jan 1, 2019

scottnezos, Jan 1, 2019 :
    From my experience, this feature does not work. I bought my OnePlus 6t on the 26th of December, and tried to use this app, only to be blocked by apple. I hope it works for others.

6. imthatjake Cupcake Jan 1, 2019

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 5:17 PM

7. LCollinsJr82 Gingerbread Jan 1, 2019

LCollinsJr82, Jan 1, 2019 :
    I don'tt see why it wouldn't.

imthatjake likes this.
  8. imthatjake Cupcake Jan 1, 2019

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 5:18 PM

9. Uchira1430 Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

10. AFoster5 Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

AFoster5, Jan 5, 2019 :
    When i was looking at buying the 6t i was coming from Apple. The CS rep lied to me and told me everything could be transfered via their app. Once i received the phone I was told I'd have to have to use a 3rd party and pay around $50 to transfer info from the iphone to the 6t and that not all apps, data, information would transfer over. What a waste of time and money.

11. LCollinsJr82 Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

LCollinsJr82, Jan 5, 2019 :
    You should realize that since Android and iOS are completely different operating systems, the transfer would be limited. Hell, just read the first post and you'll realize that only photos, contacts, and messages could be transferred.

I recommend you do your own research before listening to a CS rep. No offense to CS reps across the world, I mean all reps, not just OnePlus, but 99.9% of the time I know more about the products then they do. Did you actually pay someone $50? I mean the app is free and all it takes is a few hours depending on how many photos you have to transfer.

I knew switching to Android from iOS I wouldn't be able to transfer my apps over. Fortunately a few apps allow you to save your info to your Google account and transfer over you files in that manner. My main concerns were my photos and contacts, and this app made this flawless.

12. pieter0000 Froyo Jan 5, 2019

pieter0000, Jan 5, 2019 :
    like almost everything on the oneplus is not working, this is also not working! always got the message cannot connect to the hotspot. I am however connected on the iPhone. The instructions you get from oneplus are all, either not complete or totally lacking. I must say that this proofs that it is Chinese crap! If you are used to an iPhone do NOT change to android or oneplus. You will regret it. I tried this oneplus 6T for 4 weeks now and only getting annoyed day after day. Sorry, this is not for me. Last attempt was to use this switch but even that proofed that nothing is working properly and you have to "google" a lot. f.i. symbols on the one plus phone are nowhere explained and so on. Apple is just more intuitive and easier as interface. Also the non protected play store is not a help. You can install a lot of shit on your phone. And people, refrain from comments like" go back to apple", " you do not understand it" etc. If you like it , its fine for me, but I find apple much better.

13. LCollinsJr82 Gingerbread Jan 5, 2019

LCollinsJr82, Jan 5, 2019 :
    You're correct, Apple is a lot easier and basic, simple, ect. I used iPhones for 10 years and made the switch to Android. It was pretty easy for me. Yeah they're different, but they're also similar. Android in my opinion is way better as it allows me to customize the phone to what I like. It's great not having the exact same phone or exact same look that a lot of other people have. I'm always getting asked what phone I have and how I made it look the way it looks. Most of the time it's Apple users and they typically comment with how they wished they could make their iPhones do more.

I also used this program without any issues. It's not perfect, but it works. I just followed the directions as they were posted and it did what it said it would do.

So if your an iPhone user that wants something much more intuitive, innovative, customizable then I suggest you switch to Android. The learning curve isn't that big and you'll find yourself wondering how you got by with iOS for so long. This is coming from a die hard Apple fanboy of over 10 years. I honestly don't see myself going back anytime soon.

14. pieter0000 Froyo Jan 5, 2019

pieter0000, Jan 5, 2019 :
    Thanks for the nice reply. I do agree with you for the most part, but still I am not really convinced right now. But I will at least give it go for the next 4 weeks and make up my mind. I was able to backup my contacts and calendar to google so that is solved. Now let's try the interface for a couple of weeks. The switch program however does not work for me, it keeps saying I am not connected to the hotspot but I am. But I do not need it no more. If only there was an explanation for all the symbols used. Also an example of nowhere to be found! I'll let you now what I will do after a month and hopefully not sooner.

15. X1509185521678 Eclair Jan 6, 2019

X1509185521678, Jan 6, 2019 :
    it is clearly mentioned in the app that migration from iPhone isn't working yet. It's still in development.

16. LCollinsJr82 Gingerbread Jan 6, 2019

LCollinsJr82, Jan 6, 2019 :
    It works, but will only transfer contacts, photos and messages. Although it didn't transfer my messages, I was more concerned with my photos.

17. Kartik.Shanwad Eclair Jan 7, 2019

18. Kartik.Shanwad Eclair Jan 7, 2019

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019

19. Edyphung95 Cupcake Jan 7, 2019

Edyphung95, Jan 7, 2019 :
    it's the same for me too, any update?

20. Kartik.Shanwad Eclair Jan 8, 2019

Kartik.Shanwad, Jan 8, 2019 :
    go to the play Store search for OnePlus switch and update it. it'll work.

Edyphung95 likes this.