Move from iPhone to OnePlus via OnePlus Switch (Beta)

1. Jeftson08
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

Jeftson08 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    any app which can help me move WhatsApp data from iPhone ?

2. samy298
    Eclair Nov 7, 2018

samy298 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    it's a long process I was able to migrate all messages from WhatsApp not media will share the details

3. ManOnTheMoon
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

ManOnTheMoon , Nov 7, 2018 :
    All went fairly well though some orientation on some recent pictures taken were flipped but not a big deal. Really wish it could have transferred messages but otherwise pleased!! So far a great experience on my OnePlus 6T!! Some of you having issues I believe there are beta links for both devices that must be downloaded in order for it to work.

4. dynamicdhruv97
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

dynamicdhruv97 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    waiting for it

5. Richard Beth
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

6. Chad S
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

Chad S , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Got my 6T today. So excited! Switch worked pretty seamlessly from my 6s for everything except messages which it did not transfer.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

7. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 8, 2018

nmatheis , Nov 8, 2018 :
    @Gary C. I was excited to try using the iOS switch app to transfer data from my wife's old iPhone 5S to my old OnePlus 5 to give her an upgrade. Most of the data was transferred over, but her SMS messages were not. From the app's description, I thought transferring SMS messages was a feature. Did I misunderstand?

And thanks for pushing out the iOS version of the OnePlus Switch app, by the way. Love how you're making transitioning to OnePlus so easy for us. Great job!

8. G_Hardik_Thakkar_OdBr
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

G_Hardik_Thakkar_OdBr , Nov 8, 2018 :

9. Sunny84singh
    Donut Nov 8, 2018

10. pcbishnoi
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

pcbishnoi , Nov 8, 2018 :

LucaF81

My wife is waiting to buy it. She's waiting the WhatsApp conversations transfer, in order to avoid to lose years of work-conversations stored in icloud.
    Will she wait forever? Or this could happen soon?

(Btw: tomorrow i'll buy mine )​

Whatsapp has got option to take backup on Google drive, not sure if same is true for iphone, but if true, you can have all the whatsapp conversation restored easily when you move to any android device.

ahmedalbtotey likes this.
  11. ahmedalbtotey
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

ahmedalbtotey , Nov 8, 2018 :
    thanks a lot for this thread, I was searching for the last 3 days for a way to transfer all my data, already ordered my Oneplus 6T and now I am waiting for it to be delivered. and I hope to love my new phone. I have been switching between ios and android for so long and hope this will be the last switch. I am really looking forward to enjoying my 6T
    Thanks, again

12. Angelica Sisalima
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

Angelica Sisalima , Nov 8, 2018 :
    WhatsApp has a backup and then you login on new phone and restore within WhatsApp. I don’t think this app will transfer the WhatsApp app or its backup, just directly through WhatsApp it should work

13. Deactivated User
    Nov 8, 2018

14. LucaF81
    Froyo Nov 8, 2018

LucaF81 , Nov 8, 2018 :

I know, but with whatsapp you can't restore your backup if you change OS type, so no way to transfer whatsapp chats/images from iOS (=iCloud) to Android (=GoogleDrive) and viceversa.
    This is also written in WhatsApp faq, in the official support pages.

You can backup/restore chats on with apps that uses special permissions, but it is a long, half-manual, unsafe and tricky task.
    It would be great if OnePlus team could do this with Switch app, in a safe way.
    They would be pioneers! :)

15. rshastriji
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

rshastriji , Nov 8, 2018 :
    not working on my oneplus 6t.and even don't allowing me to write the thread on oneplus 6t thread i have to write on starting point regarding oneplus switch.
    it is not working it strucks at a point while screen shows working but nothing is recevied even after whole night keeping both phones active.

16. DINU_ET
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

DINU_ET , Nov 8, 2018 :
    does they enable 5gg support for ONEPLUS 6
    plzzz tell me a
    answer the question

17. DINU_ET
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

DINU_ET , Nov 8, 2018 :
    does they enable 5gg support for ONEPLUS 6
    plzzz tell me a
    answer the question

18. dynamicdhruv97
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

dynamicdhruv97 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    A reply from whatsaap about iOs to Android Transfer.

1541672853925.jpg
    TLDR :

You cannot transfer the complete chats.

U can email the important chats not all to yourself restricted by the limiting mbs of the email.

You cannot have the chat stored in email restored in your new android device.

Attached Files:

AmitRandive likes this.
  19. Sivan1525
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

20. manhamohsin
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

manhamohsin , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I completed the transfer from iPhone to one plus 6t. could not find the transferred items