Moved to a Nexus 6P

1. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

WorkersUnited , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Recently moved to a Nexus 6P and don't regret it.

Oxygen OS has too many bugs compared to stock Android. I just slapped on Nova Launcher and the Nexus is superior in every way - better hardware, speakers, build quality, better camera, better fingerprint that's faster and more accurate (no NFC is a fail due to no Android Pay), etc.

I highly recommend going to the Nexus 6P.

beniot9888, Samadi, crap80 and 13 others like this.
  2. Adityaf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2016

Adityaf , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Hmmm.

Do you think anyone carez?

3. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

4. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

Yes - the people considering getting a Nexus 6P or wondering how it compares to the OPO 2 care.

5. usama96
    Froyo Feb 2, 2016

usama96 , Feb 2, 2016 :
    good for you buddy! enjoy your new phone mate...
    but i don't think that we should just straight away move to another phone just cz OP2 has a lot of bugs.. Bugs are the reason new updates come out.. More the updates more attention the phone gets by the developers... what about Samsung? do you get updates? no u don't ... no bugs no updates, the only updates your gonna get are the android version update and thats it..

6. aenews
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

aenews , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Hardware? Not really.

Build Quality? Subjective. I think both look great, and I like StyleSwap™ on the OP2.

Camera? Not so sure, but the 6P looks to have a solid camera and probably slightly better with the larger pixels.

All in all these two are my favorite devices of this generation. I'm sure the Nexus 6P is better Stock ROM for the average consumer. Congrats :cool:

josefn24, IvanMuse and usama96 like this.
  7. usama96
    Froyo Feb 2, 2016

usama96 , Feb 2, 2016 :
    It surely is a better device, and if i didn't have OP2 atm, i would surely be having a 6P.. more over, i like the advantage of getting android updates earlier :D

aenews likes this.
  8. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I have used Nexus 6P & i can say that camera is better & fast as compared to OPT & yeah android is dominated by google it self so software is supper fast, but hardware is something OPT is ahead...talking about fingerprint is as same as OPT slightly ahead but not so fast & i didn't find build quality that premium..OPT build quality is something i'd like to feel in my hand.

usama96 and IvanMuse like this.
  9. WorkersUnited
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

Also, the battery life on the Nexus 6P is much better.

The #1 reason to get OPO 1 was for Cyanogenmod. Oxyegn OS simply does not stack up.

Saying that, the OPO 2 does give good bang for your buck.

10. rattles

rattles , Feb 2, 2016 :

if you don't care, why did you click on the thread?

oh and i care.

Manas Eapen and nyzproof333 like this.
  11. markgranto
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

markgranto , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Going to see what the marshmallow release is like on the OP2 and if its still not the best might be getting the 6P. Will see how it goes. I like the OP2 but just a few niggly bugs annoy me at times, but mostly used to them now.

ganstakillerz and IvanMuse like this.
  12. killing.devil
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

killing.devil , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Great choice, the nexus 6p is a better device hands down.
    Though I'm very happy with my op2 but I dont have that much money to spend on a nexus 6p so this is pretty much the best my money can buy

13. M4ENY
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

M4ENY , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I also moved to a nexus 6p and it's really a much better phone.

Gst ready to see a ton of "oneplus 2 is cheaper" and "oneplus 2 is just as good" comments :)

nyzproof333 likes this.
  14. christiankorean
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

15. M4ENY
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

M4ENY , Feb 2, 2016 :
    I used all three devices (oneplus one, oneplus 2 and nexus 6p) and honestly there is no comparison between them.

The 6p is a much better phone... You say that you aren't sure that it's camera is better but from my experiences... It's alot better. Especially in low light situations.

Hardware I honestly couldn't care less since it doesn't equal user experience.

As for build quality the 6p feels better but you are right about OnePlus 2 offering unique builds with styleswaps.

Also Finger print or inprint for nexus 6p works super well and fast... Can't say the same about the one on op2 especially after couple of months.

TLDR : the 6p is a superior phone... The reality is oneplus 2 despite all its hardware (4gb ram gasp*) is held back alot by its Oxygen Os... I wouldn't even compare the two until CM13 officially launches for OP2.

nyzproof333 and IvanMuse like this.
  16. rattles

rattles , Feb 2, 2016 :

most people that say those things have never used or owned the N6P. it is a better phone in every single way other than price. i am using the OPT because i needed a dual sim phone but i am not lying to myself, the N6p that i owned was a much better phone.

nyzproof333, NaterTots and M4ENY like this.
  17. M4ENY
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

M4ENY , Feb 2, 2016 :
    But even if we are considering the price Imo the much better experience that the 6p offers easily make up for it :)

BTW that wasn't really aimed at yourself who isn't lying to your self that OnePlus 2 is the next best thing since slice of bread and butter.

OnePlus 2 offering dual Sim is an awesome reason to hold on to it... I just got a little tired of people claiming that for example opt camera being just as good as the one on nexus 6p or that OnePlus 2's hardware is better (yey higher number 4gb ram!!!) so it must bet better attitude lol

nyzproof333 likes this.
  18. DJSubterrain

DJSubterrain , Feb 2, 2016 :
    Not superior in "every" way, it only has 3GB of memory. Performance wise it should be good also, it's a Nexus, that's why my last phone was a Nexus :)

Nexus phones, imo, are too expensive now though, they were brought out to be cheaper devices for developers to use, now Google seem to be treating them like a Samsung wannabe, also if Google can't do the code right for their own phone then they're in trouble.

Personally, I don't regret my purchase yet, I see OP taking over the price/performance niche where the Nexus phones should be, I can wait for Marshmallow as I'm happy with the SkyDragon rom just now, we'll see if OP's software improves with Marshmallow and if it doesn't then there's a thriving custom rom community on XDA who can take over.

Enjoy it anyhoo :)

IvanMuse likes this.
  19. aenews
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

aenews , Feb 2, 2016 :
    If you are talking Custom ROM's then have you tried Boeffla Kernel? Better yet try OxySlim which is a cleaned-up version of OOS that includes Boeffla Kernel by default (Less Unneeded System Processes). Yeah the Nexus 6P has better OOTB Settings. On a Custom Kernel like Boeffla those settings can be adjusted. If you are the type of person who only uses stuff OOTB then I understand. If you flash stuff, OnePlus 2 is a very solid device. I have been very impressed with Boeffla.

Have you compared Camera FV-5 AND Stock Camera on both devices?

There is Beta CM13 (Unofficial) and Beta HydrogenOS (MM) out right now. Though I wouldn't switch to them since I want Boeffla Kernel. Might do some testing though.

M4ENY and IvanMuse like this.
  20. aenews
    KitKat Feb 2, 2016

aenews , Feb 2, 2016 :
    After the OnePlus 2, the Nexus 6P is the next cheapest S810 flagship right now. They didn't price it too high when compared to the competition.

nyzproof333, NaterTots and IvanMuse like this.