MP Early Access Program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Mar 20, 2017

Adam Krisko, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Hey everyone,

By now, we’re sure that most of you will be familiar with our beta program. As of today, we handle our beta program through three individual streams of builds that run concurrently, Closed beta, Open Beta, and the MP (official) builds. (If you are not currently familiar with these work streams, or would like to learn more, please check out @Brian Yoon 's thread here. Today, we are adding one more step to this process: The MP Early Access Program.

This program will allow a select group of users to get the software build that we are currently testing as a release candidate to OTA to all users, a bit early. The reason for this is to help catch any last minute bugs or weird usage/location errors before the build is given to the masses in the OTA.

We will be accepting about 150 people into this early access program, and users that will be picked, need to meet certain requirements.

First off, this new process will be handled just like our Closed Beta program, an NDA and Slack use (a group messaging service) are required. We will also look at the following to help decide.

• Using a OnePlus 3/3T
    • Users will need to be based in the US, EU, or India
    • Be moderate to heavy daily users
    • Have had some kind of testing experience in the past
    • Willing to constantly communicate and give feedback with OnePlus in Slack

If you are interested, please click here to apply. (Application now closed)

Edit:
    Thank you everyone! We had well over one thousand people apply. The team will be reaching out to the selected users in the coming days. :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Mar 20, 2017

3. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 20, 2017

youbi, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Nice idea, and one more great way to help on the squashing bugs business. :D

[​IMG]

Abh1sh3k, amit0490, ironass and 19 others like this.
  4. ShortyEx Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

ShortyEx, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I do wish you the best with this program. I think you are one of the most respected (if not, one of the only respected) OnePlus staff-members on the forums and I do not feel any blame should be directed to you personally.

meatandy and SimonRam like this.
  5. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 20, 2017

meatandy, min9ox2, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  6. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Mar 20, 2017

deviantartjr, meatandy, otto2 and 4 others like this.
  7. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Mar 20, 2017

Funk Wizard, Mar 20, 2017 :
    This is a wonderful, breakthrough :D
    More testing, more reporting = minimum disappointments & happy customers, @Adam Krisko I hope you get flooded with response ;)

deviantartjr, meatandy, Sun90 and 7 others like this.
  8. kkairk Froyo Mar 20, 2017

kkairk, Mar 20, 2017 :
    @Adam Krisko how will the process work out and what will be the selection criteria.Also would like to know when will the process start.?

9. AJaySundar Eclair Mar 20, 2017

AJaySundar, Mar 20, 2017 :
    @kkairk The process is already on. Just fill out the form. The selection criteria would exactly be as posted in the OP. You need to be a moderate user, owning an OP3/3T, willing to spare some time off to test these early MP (Mass Production) builds.

Any previous experience with testing any kind of ROMs (Custom/Official) would be highly appreciated and would increase your chance of getting selected.

The whole process is simple.
    The CBT (Closed Beta Testing) Team will test out the first build. They find, report and fix as much bugs they could find.
    Then it is passed on to Open Beta Users where any left out bugs are detected and final suggestions and improvement requests from the wider user base is taken.
    Then comes the role of MP team. You will get near-OTA-ready builds which you will give another final run.
    Once it passes the MP team, its released as OTA to the rest of the users.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

10. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 20, 2017

SoniaB, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I think this is a great idea if its managed well and the bugs reported are actually fixed prior to OTA. [​IMG]

meatandy, Archies, otto2 and 9 others like this.
  11. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Mar 20, 2017

camohan, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Absolutely, nice initiative to catch those naughty bugs who escape the last minute nets.

meatandy, otto2, script and 4 others like this.
  12. gaster Lollipop Moderator Mar 20, 2017

meatandy, otto2, script and 2 others like this.
  13. humanzqzr Honeycomb Mar 20, 2017

humanzqzr, Mar 20, 2017 :
    Great news Adam would like to help OnePlus developers to squash bugs before release.

14. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 20, 2017

meatandy, otto2, script and 3 others like this.
  15. Vedant620 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

Vedant620, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I'd love to join this but would this involve flashing and stuff since I've had a rocky history so far with it. For example if I'm part of this early access would it be tougher to switch back to official OTA's or would I get them normally?

16. AJaySundar Eclair Mar 20, 2017

You will be moved on to the MP Testing Team. Thereafter you'll only get updates (OTA) to the MP Builds and won't be receiving the Official OTAs (just like how it works with the current Open Beta).

If you wish to go back to the Official Stable version of OOS, you can always do a clean flash from the stock recovery and then restore your data.

youbi likes this.
  17. Vedant620 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

Vedant620, Mar 20, 2017 :
    I'm a noob when it comes to this, but how do I make a backup in the first place?
    PS: Preferably without root

18. katheria09 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2017

19. jpswer Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2017

20. AJaySundar Eclair Mar 20, 2017

Off Topic but since you asked, here https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-backup-android/. This thread can give you all the info you need.
    And also take all the further chat (if at all there needs to be any) regarding this off this thread. You can always PM me. I'd be happy to help, (unless I'm sleeping);)

lkosova, Praty_28 and Vedant620 like this.