Mtcoletti - #PMchallenge - Private Mode

?

Are you OnePlus users interested in a Samsung like Private Mode?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's the same.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mtcoletti Cupcake Feb 6, 2019

Mtcoletti, Feb 6, 2019 :
    Who are the users?

Potential users include all of the OnePlus Users and people that enjoy security and privacy. My main concern when I decided to change to a OnePlus phone was just that it didn't have a dedicated private Mode like Samsung does. I know Oxygen has a vault option but it's poorly optimized and is really useless and unpractical.

What is the proposed function?

The proposed function as I mentioned before would include a dedicated private vault with built in functions that are similar to the Samsung ones.
    You should have the possibility to access easily to it by tapping a toogle on the control center and it should also have a dedicated tab on settings.
    Just like the Samsung version of private mode does, OnePlus version should be able to encode it to add an extra layer of security, and you should be able to ONLY access to this section by using the designated passwords wether they are your fingerprints a few numbers or an alphanumeric one.
    The user should also be able to lock inside this sort of vault different items, such as pictures, songs, contacts cards, or even a whole app that should not be able for everyone to access.
    In conclusion it should be like Samsung Private Mode but with some add-ons and an enhanced usefulness.

What is the user value?

In my opinion user the value of this festure is really huge, and as I mentioned before, I was not sure to leave Samsung just because of this Private Mode thing.
    Even people that perhaps do not use it all would not be affected in any way, as an extra layer of security is never bad.
    To be honest I'm also considering going back to Samsung because I do not have this feature and all in all it would make a huge difference having it or not, it's almost something I can not stand a phone not having.
    I believe it could also help OnePlus to make Oxygen more attractive to potential users that are now using Samsung. Which in fact is an extremely large amount of Android users.

If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?

As I've mentioned all throughout the thread, yes, there is indeed another company that already has this feature, and it's Samsung. OnePlus version of PrivateMode could be superior by allowing to lock full apps on it. Also Samsung version is pretty much what I would call slow, so this is another point in which Oxygen could be greater.
    This feature being fully integrated with OxygenOS would be extremely usefully as all of the Play Store options are pretty much garbage and useless.
    It's really something that if well done could be a game changer for OnePlus.

nic0high likes this.
  2. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 7, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 7, 2019 :
    OnePlus already has Lockbox and App Locker, how is this different?