8.8%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Never needed one

83.5%
  1. afree.miles
    Eclair Mar 31, 2015

afree.miles , Mar 31, 2015 :
    I don't want to ramble on and on but simply put, buying this phone was an utter disappointment. One month into using this phone, with all the apps installed, I started having the touch issues, where it wouldn't recognize or respond and even freeze. I had to force restart the phone multiple time during browsing, app usage and even in between calls. Completely frustrated I contacted one plus support through the only email communication system they have, no matter how big the issue is. None of their updates resolved the issue, some of them didn't even work. After 3 months of delayed responses/fixes, they finally agreed to replace the device. But they sent the device to an old address, instead of me sending them numerous emails with new address. Then I had to call USPS and ask them to send it back to one plus. After that they said they can't issue a replacement to a new address (which sounds stupid as they agreed to send it to the changed address before). So they said they will give me a refund. At this point I thought it was for the best as I was fed up with their customer service. So I sent my phone back to them. They confirmed receipt. Then said they will send me a replacement device soon. I do not understand their system. And I think even they do not understand their system. I emailed them asking for a refund as they agreed and not a replacement. It has been 2 weeks since they received the phone and have not responded at all. Six months of frustration, a malfunctioning phone, 3 weeks of no phone at all. So, if you ask me if this phone is worth the money. I would say NO! Not for me. And for all those people who are amazed at how this phone is priced so cheap and works amazing, it comes at a price and a compromise. A compromise in quality control and customer service and a price paid by customers like me. You might say few, like me, but still one plus is keeping some satisfied at the expense of 'few' others like me.

2. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Mar 31, 2015

Scarchee, bronch and Lunatasian like this.
  3. Lunatasian
    KitKat Mar 31, 2015

Lunatasian , Mar 31, 2015 :
    I am disappoint.

Sorry man, I really hope they get back to you soon and sort things out. Hope you find an awesome alternate phone. And I feel a bit bad knowing that I am enjoying my phone with few problems while others are going through hell.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

4. badger906
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2015

badger906 , Mar 31, 2015 :
    i wouldn't say a compromise in quality control... ever been on an apple or samsung forum?? theres literally thousands of people with defective models.. i agree with the customer support part though. its an area that seems to need improving.

Lunatasian likes this.
  5. addam
    KitKat Mar 31, 2015

6. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2015

Udarji likes this.
  7. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Mar 31, 2015

Alivethereality , Mar 31, 2015 :
    i agree
    i too never had any problems on my OPO
    it is perfect
    i feel bad for those who were affected by these situations

Lunatasian likes this.
  8. Lunatasian
    KitKat Mar 31, 2015

Lunatasian , Mar 31, 2015 :
    I agree with you, but there definitely was a compromise in quality control to make such a wonderful phone at a great price. They have a relatively small team and can't afford to handle disputes well or take back defective phones, etc. Sure Samsung and Apple have the same problems, but we do too. I don't blame OP for it or anything. It's a struggle to have razor thin profit margins in the first place.

9. pastro50
    Froyo Apr 1, 2015

pastro50 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    I'm sure others have had different results from dealing with Apple support but I have had a number of devices with problems while on the warranty period, and I haven't paid a cent for the repair or had any issue getting them to accept there is an issue. Three phones with bad home buttons, replaced. One phone with a bad microphone, replaced. Macbook pro with a lines on the screen, replaced. etc etc. You may not like Apple but they do support their products. Albeit at a higher initial cost.

10. badger906
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2015

badger906 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    wow wow wow.. who says I don't like apple!? I own 2 macbooks and would only ever recommend macbooks to people wanting a laptop!!

however you did just make my initial point even clearer. this whole thread well half of it stated that oneplus cut corners to make a cheaper phone and then you come along and say you've had 3 faulty iPhones! not sure how many oneplus users have had 3 dodgy phones!

maybe apple need to improve quality control not oneplus lol

11. pastro50
    Froyo Apr 1, 2015

pastro50 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    True I have had problems with iphones - home button in particular - and they were the kid's phones that take a beating to say the least. No excuses - the home button is not robust. However, they have been replaced and in one case after the warranty expired for free. I've never, ever (is that a song?) had a bad Iphone to begin with, only after close to a year of use.

12. badger906
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2015

badger906 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    why do i know thats taylor swift.. maybe because she's so damn hot... but back on track, interesting you say iPhones fail after time, I've not see many if any reports of faults that just appear on Oneplus's ok theres the multi touch issue that some people point out happens after a while but I'm sure thats still a software thing! when i first got my oneplus i could scroll down with my finger if it wasn't in my hand due to the earthing issue, but now after a few updates i can!

13. teckboy30
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2015

teckboy30 , Apr 1, 2015 :
    got the chinese version.It has no factory defects
    Chinese opo>international opo

14. afree.miles
    Eclair Apr 9, 2015

afree.miles , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Three weeks and no response at all. With the phone sent back and no response from OnePlus, I am scared if I will get my money back at all.

15. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Apr 9, 2015

The1Lion , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I'm confused :confused: You had a faulty phone after 3 months, OnePlus was going to replace it, they sent the replacement to an old address and you had USPS send it back to OnePlus and OnePlus then was going to refund your money so you sent them the phone back? How did you get the replacement phone to send back? Perhaps it's just the way you listed events that's confusing.

I'm in the process of returning mine and OnePlus has you verify your information prior to printing out the documents you need for the RMA. Still, I've seen a thread where 1+ sent someone's phone to a completely different person so yeah, their process isn't 100%. Did you track the package to verify it got back to 1+?

16. cajy7817
    Eclair Apr 9, 2015

cajy7817 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    You'd be among the few people who may have received a slightly defective model... The phone works flawlessly and is as they claim, "A FLAGSHIP KILLER"... Have seen no cons in this phone.. The same features on any other high end phone would cost you a lot more and that would still lack a few features like the 4K video capability and Raw Imaging on Cyanogen ROMS... Trust me, return the phone back to the seller as a defective model if you're able to and get another one... This is not only the best for performance and features but also it wont burn a hole in your pocket while buying it....

17. bbrant
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

bbrant , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I kind of have to question the authenticity of this...first you had the phone an entire month before problems...which means the device was fine when you purchased it, then experienced problems. This means either you downloaded a faulty app, or dropped it or something. OP tried to resolve your issue. They even sent you a new phone. Again this is where this get fishy...in the US if you do address forwarding through USPS (one of the reasons I'm glad that's who they use) typically they will recognize this and send it to your new correct address. If not OP requires a signature. If you'd signed up for tracking updates through USPS you could have easily figured out, hey, this was sent to the wrong address, simply gone down to the closest post office to that older address with your driver's license and picked up your new phone.

Regardless of what other companies offer there is absolutely no possible way that you could have ordered this phone 6 months ago without knowing they were having issues with customer service/RMAs, without knowing this phone was a gamble.

mtr likes this.
  18. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

rtomb likes this.
  19. Teresa loizos
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2015

20. afree.miles
    Eclair Apr 12, 2015

afree.miles , Apr 12, 2015 :
    Yep! they confirmed receipt. Sending it to a different address is not my concern right now. They have stopped communicating with me. That's what is bothering me.