much needed security update

1. gunnar151
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

gunnar151 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    i have hab my oneplus 5 since the 26th of June now anderen it hast been a reliable companion until yesterday when my Phone decided to attract popup advertisement.
    I tried 4 different ways to make a factory reset. inside settings with and without keeping photos and other data and inside the boot menu when pressing power and volume down button simultaneously.
    Everytime I am starting chrome or any other browser and start browsing at some point these adverts will come and prevented me from doing anything. the phone startes vibrating and the websites prevents me from going back to the main website. and this is not happening on bad sites or some other non trustworthy sites but sites like eBay and 9gag.com

1500339719399.jpg

1500339719480.jpg
    I have tried absolutely everything including installing adblockplus but nothing has prevented these ads from reappearing.....
    on my galaxy S4 i can browse those websites without any problems, so I guess there must be a security problem with the op5, but the oneplus support only told me that they are not responsible for what happens inside applications......
    if someone else is noticing security problems please comment this thread so oneplus will notice and start doing something about it.

2. MMA92
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

MMA92 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    hallo, Gunnar aufgrund deines Textes nehm ich an, dass du deutscher bist. Versuch doch Mal das Betriebssystem komplett neu zu installieren, indem du die .ZIP runterlädst und dann mit Recovery installierst.

3. gunnar151
    Eclair Jul 18, 2017

gunnar151 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    wow. danke für die schnelle Nachricht. glaubst du was auch immer diese werbung verursacht kann sich so tief fest setzen, dass es durch ein factory reset nicht gerettet werden kann ?

4. Yogich1
    Cupcake Jul 18, 2017

Yogich1 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    When i restart my device it doesn't take fingerprint it needs pin or pattern is there any update coming to fix it?

5. americoperez49
    Donut Jul 18, 2017

americoperez49 , Jul 18, 2017 :
    I don't mean to be a jerk but no matter how much security you put on a phone, you can't protect against user error. You seem to be experiencing some sort of adware/malware, which usually comes from users downloading/installing applications.

You might want to try reflashing the phone with different firmware and see if that fixes it.

6. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2017

jack_frost , Jul 18, 2017 :
    If you are referring to secure startup that prevents the phone from booting, you can disable that from settings. You will have to reset your pin/password/fingerprint again if you do this.

If you are referring to lock screen security (pin/password/fingerprint), after rebooting it will always first ask for your pin/password and then enable fingerprint. The only way to not have any pin/password after reboot is to disable all lock screen security.