Much slower performance on Android 12! via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Th3DarkD3C3nt
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2022

Th3DarkD3C3nt , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 25, 2022 :
    After updating to Android 12 today, gotta say the performance on my device has dropped a lot and can feel this when using. My father has the Oppo find X3 pro, which is the exact same device as my 9 pro but with a different badge and I've always been happy with everything Oxygen OS brought to the table.

They have brought too much from colour OS and it really shows in this update.

I know benchmarks aren't real world performance but, even before both of our devices had updated to Android 12, we did geek bench benchmarks just to compare and see and my OnePlus was always quite a lot faster than his in single and multi core score and now his is faster than mine! You could swear that after this update and colour OS taking over the main updates for the phone that they are making their phone faster in purpose. 🤔

I have attached pictures of the benchmarks I had done to show this and it's dropped quite a lot on the single core score.
    1643132240006.jpg

1643132240054.jpg

2. fawnsy
    Froyo Jan 25, 2022

Th3DarkD3C3nt likes this.
  3. Syrix
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2022

Syrix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Try high performance mode for better overall performance. Bugs also need to be addressed and hopefully we meet a better overall software state.

4. fawnsy
    Froyo Jan 26, 2022

fawnsy , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 26, 2022 :
    I appreciate you saying try high performance mode but why should I have to use more battery power to have my phone perform better, before the update it was running smooth without high performance mode enabled, OnePlus have really screwed us with this update

Th3DarkD3C3nt likes this.
  5. Syrix
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2022

Syrix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 26, 2022 :
    I understand, I'm not saying the mode will be a permanent thing needed. I'm just saying that it's the state of things as they further optimize the software, address bugs and such. You can also go back to OOS 11 if needed.

6. RevidFfum
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2022

RevidFfum , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Wasn't there a article that OP was throttling day to day apps to conserve battery, hence the inclusion of the performance mode toggle. The benchmark scores where higher due to A11 recognizing a benchmark was being ran, and throttling was disabled on those kind of apps.

I'm curious if you get similar results now with the performance mode enabled.