Multi accounts on forum

1. kasiasty_wojtek
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2014

kasiasty_wojtek , May 1, 2014 :
    I know i know this exist but annoys me that some users Have multi accounts or gives Like because someone Gave it to them. I think this is cheating...example @daisy92 @tay92 they Have similar endings and share likes Like hell..probably i will be bullied for this post but what the hell;)

Deactivated User, hayt, Rlp and 4 others like this.
  2. Cuerex
    KitKat May 1, 2014

Cuerex , May 1, 2014 :
    why do you care? you will be known for reputation, be it either a good one or a bad one. its up to them.. i dont care what ever status they have in their description

jhummun and clayginn like this.
  3. Waterdroid
    Lollipop May 1, 2014

4. kasiasty_wojtek

kasiasty_wojtek , May 1, 2014 :
    Suppose you get the invite because you Have a lot of likes,trophies,and messages ,and those kind of action is not fair for other users,tell me what is the reason of ćreating two accounts and sharing likes?

5. Shuffler505
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2014

Shuffler505 , May 1, 2014 :
    They may 1000s of likes, but as soon as you the whole forum if they know who these people are, the answer will be no, and they will be pulled up for it.

6. kasiasty_wojtek

Jonclark likes this.
  7. fermoreno148
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

fermoreno148 , May 1, 2014 :
    That always arrives... Always people 'cheating' or trying to accomplish goals... But do not be worried! we'll got our hands on it ;)

mikeandersons48 likes this.
  8. kasiasty_wojtek

9. bradputt
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

bradputt , May 1, 2014 :
    Did they announce who will get the invites depend on the number of likes?

10. Yima

Yima , May 1, 2014 :
    Nope, people are just desperate and think the more posts or likes the higher the chance to get one of the first invites.

Sakowalski and Broiche like this.
  11. sryan1987
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

sryan1987 , May 1, 2014 :
    This! May not be difficult on their end to find out who is manufacturing likes.

12. Shuffler505
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2014

Shuffler505 , May 1, 2014 :
    Yes, I wouldn't worry too much about it, OP will easily see who's farming likes and who's actually using the forums properly

MrAndroid likes this.
  13. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , May 1, 2014 :
    As I said in the Suggestions on how to keep a forum on order thread, I was a super mod on a multi-million user forum and we had a system in place to prevent this exact issue. Whenever an account is made or a user posts, the IP address is captured. We had a rule setup so if anything had the same IP but different username it would create an alert. The super mods would then begin researching those users.

Sometimes it was funny business and we'd ban both names. Sometimes we'd have a problem user who'd just continue to create users and we'd block the IP. Sometimes it was legitimate and we left everyone alone.

14. Teckem
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

Teckem , May 1, 2014 :
    Probably the ones who have more than 1 account it's either for good causes or just trying to rank up their status.

15. spliffNwessun
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

spliffNwessun , May 1, 2014 :
    If doing it for likes, then I agree. But there are cases where 2 people live in one household I'm sure. If they are just liking each others posts then I completely agree.

Friendofoblivious likes this.
  16. WillTell
    Froyo May 1, 2014

17. MSD

MSD , May 1, 2014 :
    In the short time that OnePlus is running this forum, I'm sure users here can name dozen of users out of their head of which they know that they are good users, bad users, spammers, lurkers, flamers etc etc...

So don't worry about these numbers, it doesn't say much.

Ofcourse it would suck if its only the numbers the staff would look at when handing out the invites..But I highly doubt that.

18. Friendofoblivious

Friendofoblivious , May 1, 2014 :
    Don't always assume they r fake just because they like each other's stuff. Me and a buddy of mine do it and we have very similiar names. (@CaptainOblivious) we r both big tech fans and we tend to check out each other's posts. Some may be fake, but not all of them.

19. tay92

tay92 , May 1, 2014 :
    Im sorryy my girlfriend has an account.. we were born the same year. This is crazy. People need to worry about themselves.

20. tay92