Multi accounts on forum

1. Jonclark
    Eclair May 1, 2014

Jonclark , May 1, 2014 :
    I mean this whole uproar is because people are under the assumption that the more active you are, the greater your chances of getting an invite. SMH, This is an administrative problem, if they have a problem with multiple accounts then they would address it. I have heard of them banning other users, though it is for other reasons.

thepanttherlady likes this.
  2. Rlp
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

Rlp , May 1, 2014 :
    I can see how my post came across, I don't know how invites are going to go out! I would be surprised if they did go on likes and posts as that's open to abuse.
    What I would think if anything! is that maybe some early posters on the forum would maybe be given invites, as I say speculation as I do not know.

It still does not excuse people abusing the like system though does it?

Good post though and very useful for everyone, thank you.

3. Jonclark
    Eclair May 1, 2014

Jonclark , May 1, 2014 :
    I'm sure the staff are pretty much too busy right now to attend to the forum. They said it themselves.

4. CaptainOblivious
    Eclair May 1, 2014

CaptainOblivious , May 1, 2014 :
    Oh, I completely understand. While it may seem like tay92 and daisy92 are abusing the system, it's probably nothing more than them being cute with each other.

"Hey, honey! I saw your post. :) I liked it because I love you."

"Oh, daisy92, you made a great point in that one post, but no one liked it, so have my like because you're amazing. <3"

I bet it is something innocent like that, but if it isn't, then it's a problem that moderators and admins need to sort out.

5. Deactivated User
    May 1, 2014

6. moonwitch
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2014

moonwitch , May 1, 2014 :
    Thank you....

Honestly, people, quit trying to police the members. It's useless. They'll sort it at some point, if not - let it go. I only responded about account abuse to one guy who admitted to have 13 accounts. Because of those things, they'll never base invites on likes etc.

7. Deactivated User
    May 1, 2014

moonwitch likes this.
  8. Jonclark
    Eclair May 1, 2014

Jonclark , May 1, 2014 :
    I'm all out of likes to give today.

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. previous_known_as_slope
    Froyo May 1, 2014

previous_known_as_slope , May 1, 2014 :
    Hmm, have you tried to contact Carl or any other staff members?
    Any ideas as to what we can do to get our account working properly?
    Is there some setting I have made wrongfully adjustments to in forum settings?

If any other have an idea how to fix this pls pitch in.

spliffNwessun likes this.
  10. kasiasty_wojtek

11. K.P. Smith

K.P. Smith , May 1, 2014 :
    Static or dynamic, that's fine. A couple of points to keep in mind, you'd be truly surprised how little people reboot their routers or modems. Additionally, this was just an alarm to help us identify people early, nothing more, nothing less. When you have a couple million users it's like having a couple million part time employees. 95% of them use the forums in a good way and want the same from users so they do a lot of sleuthing on their own.

12. scy1192
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

13. kasiasty_wojtek

14. previous_known_as_slope
    Froyo May 1, 2014

What I have done is clear cache, remove cookies, restarting pc, router, disable firewall, change browser, tried IE, FF and Chrome. I have tried disabling unblock us service, I think I have tried everything possible. No luck. I have done multiple speedtests from various sites, reports say 50/50 with tiny variations. Also I can stream HD movies etc with no problems.

If I after cleaning cache and cookies return to 1+1 forum and do NOT log in it is all good, response time is great, page load like it should be. If I log in with the slope account things start to slow down, or goes to a complete halt.

Then I once again cleared cache and cookies and created this account. At least I now can follow announcements and be a part of the forum but I miss all the alerts/notifications from all the threads I followed in the slope account.

15. kasiasty_wojtek

kasiasty_wojtek , May 1, 2014 :
    Huh strange, i Have no idea only thing i can say is trying from other isp and computer,mYbe there is a problem with packets , or DNS ,

16. thepanttherlady
    Community Veteran May 1, 2014

Last edited: May 1, 2014

Deactivated User likes this.
  17. spliffNwessun
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

spliffNwessun , May 1, 2014 :
    Ive tried logging out and back in, clearing cookies, trying private mode in different browsers, used my phone's data connection, all with the same results - extremely slow, pages time out, posts time out, etc..
    The only solution was to create a second account. I haven't tried contacting Carl or any other staff members. I figure they're busy and can barely respond to questions about the device, let alone account issues. I tried clicking on their Customer Service link on their website, but the page could not be found..

18. previous_known_as_slope
    Froyo May 1, 2014

Hm. Ok you are right about staff having time issues, I am sure they work day and night right now to get it all together now.

But one would think that they have a network admin, forum admin or some server admin that might be able to look up these issues and resolve them.

Any idea as to what forum software they are using? Maybe we can contact admins or other similar forums and ask if they have seen these problems before. And if we do get a solution then it will be easier to contact staff, cause then we can tell staff what have worked for other forums.

What do you think?

19. kasiasty_wojtek

20. Teckem
    Gingerbread May 2, 2014

Teckem , May 2, 2014 :
    Thats is why I said there are two kinds... I know a few that are in the same "condition" as you are, I understand, and as you say I hope they can be merged.