Display Multi-Color LED? And Setting It

1. WolfNinja45
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2020

WolfNinja45 , Dec 3, 2020 :
    I was wondering if the OnePlus 8/8 Pro even had a multi-color LED? If so, how do you set/display it?

I saw this thread for it on the OnePlus 5: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/led-colors.589013/
    I have a OnePlus 6T and didn't think they had a multi-color LED anymore.

Background/Reason for my question: My wife upgraded to a OnePlus 8 Pro and my friend upgraded to a OnePlus 8 from Samsung phones. My friend really liked setting the multi-color LED on his previous Samsung phone depending on what type of notifications he got since last using the phone. When I mentioned the friend missing that feature, my wife said she also liked that feature too.

2. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2020

Best Answer
    Arjun_Choudhry , Dec 3, 2020 :
    You mean a notification LED? Nope, the 8 Pro doesn't have it. You can use third party applications to simulate the same around the camera punch-hole. Works like a charm. Check for Energy Ring in the Play Store.

L1541101435908 likes this.
  3. Matt 80
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2020

Matt 80 , Dec 3, 2020 :
    No it doesn't.

L1541101435908 likes this.
  4. WolfNinja45
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2020

Yes exactly, a notification LED! Thank you. I downloaded "Energy Ring - General Edition! (by developer: IJP)", but that seemed to only indicate battery percentage as opposed to showing notifications.

So I uninstalled and installed "Notification Light / LED for OnePlus 8 - aodNotify (by developer: Jawomo)" in its place which seems to be more like what she was looking for. (I'll have to show the friend too.) I'll see when she gets home for her to configure it the way she wants and see if that is what she was looking for.

Thank you again so much for letting me know. I had no idea apps like this existed!

5. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2020

No worries buddy. If my answer helped you out, I would request you to mark my previous reply as the Best Answer for the thread. It will help me gain additional XP for helping people out. You can do this by moving the thread to OnePlus 8 Pro General Support thread and marking my previous reply as Best Answer.
    Cheers :)

6. WolfNinja45
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2020

I'd love to do so, but I don't see the option to move this thread to the OnePlus 8 Pro General Support thread or to mark your previous reply as Best Answer anywhere on the app or the (desktop version of the) website.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020

7. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Dec 3, 2020

rarog , Dec 3, 2020 :
    Wait a second, I'll move the thread to support subsection, then you'll be able to.

Edit: Done.

WolfNinja45 likes this.
  8. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2020

Thanks for the assist @rarog 🙌🏻

rarog likes this.
  9. WolfNinja45
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2020

rarog likes this.