Multitasking and Multi-User Support

?

Which multi-tasking solution would you prefer?

1. Multi-window

81.8%
  2. Overlay (Q-Slide)

22.7%
  3. Other (comment below)

4.5%
  4. Neither

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. srendano Froyo Jun 28, 2014

srendano, Jun 28, 2014 :
    Samsung and LG have already implemented methods of multi-tasking into their custom android skins. Samsung has a traditional multi-window method, which would be ideal on the One Plus One because of it's large 5.5" screen. It allows the user to run two apps simultaneously and easily share data between the two (similar to Microsoft's Courier Tablet). Q slide acts as an overlay for certain apps, running on top of the main interface. Each app's transparency can be controlled to ensure that the user can still use the main interface. For example, a small calculator or messaging window might appear that "floats" over the main interface. With Android 4.2 Multi-User support was created (specifically for tablets), however some developers have carried this over to phones, and for example, the G2 has a guest mode so people can get into your phone and use it (if you give them the password) without accessing personal information. I was wondering which of these approaches the community would prefer and whether you would like to see multitasking and multi-user support integrated into the next Cyangenmod update
    330943-lg-qslide.jpg galaxynote.jpg

Attached Files:

bullfrog likes this.
  2. Ibrahim Alawwad Honeycomb Jun 28, 2014

Ibrahim Alawwad, Jun 28, 2014 :
    I wish multi window was on the OPO but has the look of stock android and not touchwiz with some extra CM features integrated in the multi window

3. Pekeltje Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Pekeltje, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Would love multi user.
    But lucky thats possible with Xposed.

Hope its default soon

4. bullfrog Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

bullfrog, Aug 7, 2014 :
    Both : Multy-tasking with multi-window and and a multi-users.
    Could add an working/personnel environment with a security feature like a sandbox...:eek::cool::D

5. U1547915541723 Cupcake Apr 6, 2019

U1547915541723, Apr 6, 2019 :
    I am unable to use multi user option. when I am switching to guest a new user every time while switching to my main profile all user or guest data is getting deleted. how to keep the the data without deleting user?

6. U1547915541723 Cupcake Apr 6, 2019