Multitouch issue (Again!) - Heat

1. JulianC
    Eclair Jun 3, 2015

JulianC , Jun 3, 2015 :
    I received my first OPO last Feb and around April, I started experiencing the multitouch issue (responsiveness issues along horizontal axis). Troubleshooting with Oneplus customer service revealed this to be a hardware issue, requiring an RMA

I successfully got my OPO returned and replaced with a new unit around mid-May.

Everything was working GREAT with my new OPO until today. I was using my phone under the sun (especially hot day today in UK) and the touchscreen issue re-emerged! Suddenly, screen responsiveness would drop along the edges and horizontal axis problems reemerged.

I'm back under airconditioning now and all is working fine again, but i'm sure this issue will deteriorate as with my original OPO.

Anyone else experience this?

I suspect this is a design issue as I'm on my second OPO (e.g. heat is causing some problems within the hardware). If so, OPO should issue a recall!

2. angustp
    Donut Aug 9, 2015

3. Timo Salola
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2015

Timo Salola , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Sounds like a faulty unit, I would contact support again. I've heard about maybe 3 cases of multitouch issues and that isn't nearly enough for a recall. And I spend a lot of time here.