Music won't play (pauses instantly)

1. likebutta
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2014

likebutta , Oct 12, 2014 :
    I cannot say for certain it's a OnePlus thing but anyway, my issue affects all music players on the device.

It happened the other day after I parked and made a phone call (I have my phone automatically connect to my car via bluetooth). During the phone call, it dropped out from car mode (i.e. disconnected and no longer was transmitting or receiving voice) then came back on after about 10 seconds.

Since that point, my phone cannot play any music files in any of the players (PowerAmp, MX, Google Play Music). Well, when I say cannot it's a technicality because it actually does play a fraction of a second but immediately pauses. It instantly pauses again and I can't figure out why. I tried dumping my bluetooth profiles from my phone, I tried deleting app data for the media apps and reinstalling them. No dice, same problem.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be and/or how to rectify it?

EDIT: And just for clarification, no new app updates nor have I received the latest OTA yet so nothing really changed with the phone aside from the incident above.

2. areyesrn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2014

3. pragmatica
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2014

pragmatica , Oct 13, 2014 :
    I got my OPO yesterday, and this happened to me several times. Rebooting the phone fixed the problem. It tended to happen when I was listening to audio (through Pocketcasts or Rocket Player) and I did anything in system settings--when I went back to the audio player, I could press the play button, and it would play for a fraction of a second, then pause itself and stay stuck.

It hasn't happened to me today, and the two things that are different are: a) I stopped trying to use the Google Now launcher and went back to Trebuchet, even though I really liked having the immediate access to cards and "OK, Google" command, because it was constantly crashing, and b) I haven't been installing and configuring a bunch of apps, transferring music, jacking with the system settings, etc.

So, my circumstances are different from yours, but I did get the aggravating symptom. A full reboot fixed the problem temporarily, and getting rid of Google Now seems to have fixed it permanently (well, you know, as permanently as it can be on the second day of having the phone). So maybe look at non-native stuff like Google apps, other dialers and phone programs, etc.?

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Vinay0007 likes this.
  4. msaithejasvee
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2014

msaithejasvee , Oct 17, 2014 :
    I got my OPO Sat. This has happened 4 times already (in 6 days). I first noticed it in the Spotify app and thought it wasn't playing due to network issues. I then realized it happened with Poweramp while using local music also. Reboot fixes it but a pain to have to do it every time.

Vinay0007 likes this.
  5. shubham_jaiswal
    Donut Oct 17, 2014

shubham_jaiswal , Oct 17, 2014 :
    i have this problem to when i put it on silent and then turn it back to general mode.... keeps pausing my music.... reboot helps solve it... but it needs a patch or something...

Vinay0007 likes this.
  6. areyesrn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2014

areyesrn , Oct 18, 2014 :
    mine only did it when I attempted to play the music I put on the memory

bought poweramp and everything is fine.

7. BenyBen
    Froyo Nov 17, 2014

BenyBen , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Same here, had this a few times. Doesn't happen all the time, but it's been related to calls every single time.

8. deaglecat
    Froyo Dec 9, 2014

deaglecat , Dec 9, 2014 :
    i also get this problem. on 44s. i think related to google now or calls... maybe. reboot mecessary

9. kotev
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

kotev , Jan 4, 2015 :
    I experience the same probelem and think it have some relations to bluetooth and car audio.

10. Vinay0007
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

Vinay0007 , Jan 4, 2015 :
    Even when I am making call, there will be song playing in background. is this a glitch in the phone?

11. Vinay0007
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

12. Vinay0007
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

Attached Files:

13. Tommyx330
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2015

14. locklear308
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2015

locklear308 , Jan 5, 2015 :
    This seems to be related to my new car. It has the whole talk via your phone hands free with bluetooth. So when I hop in the car and take off...the phone enters this "Car call mode" in which it opens voice controls in another App Tab. Which I have to Swipe away to get to play anything