Must need this safety feature on oxygen OS

1. harshmehtaa
    Froyo Sep 19, 2019

harshmehtaa , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Dear community,

I lost my oneplus 6 and no way to trace it back. The problem with oxygen OS is it allows people to "switch off" the mobile from lock screen without requirements of pin or any lock protection.(even if phone has protection)
    So because of this google "findmymobile" doesnt work as mobile is switched off.

So i decided to try it on my Samsung S9+ if same thing happens on every phone.. But samsung has a good protection feature, once any lock protection is on if your phone is locked and you want to switchoff u cant switch off until you unlock your phone which gives you time to trace a lost phone.

Its a must... this feature should be added to oxygen OS so anyone stealing a phone cant switch it off immediately from lock screen..

What do you guys say?

2. Android450
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

Android450 , Sep 19, 2019 :
    People can also
    1. Take out your sim card
    2. Boot into Bootloader or recovery (so no app can track it anyway)

Doesn't matter if they won't be able to turn it off or if they will

Bobbie63 likes this.
  3. harshmehtaa
    Froyo Sep 19, 2019

Time is the factor... Not everyone knows what to do.. If someone left it in public transport atleast person has time to trace it as it wont be switched off...

4. Android450
    Marshmallow Sep 19, 2019

Android450 , Sep 19, 2019 :
    Very slim chances either way by the time you get to another device to try to activate 'Find my phone' that phone is more than likely long gone

5. harshmehtaa
    Froyo Sep 19, 2019

Find my device locates every location the phone has gone in entire day with live google maps tracking... Its just a feature i feel should be thr to give a chance to find the lost/stolen phone..