MWC19™ Live Report thread

1. friday051
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

friday051 , Feb 23, 2019 :
    We know about OnePlus's work in 5G development but nothing has been said about development in AI, are you guys developing something related to that? #questionforCarl

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  2. aris
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2019

3. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2019

chandramoulipolavarapu , Feb 23, 2019 :

I agree with your opinion of changing of ur device, it's k but just think of ur current existing device which almost costs 540$ and doesn't have a decent camera software, decent dual stereo speakers, battery at par level.
    apart from ur current device in ur second paragraph of ur quote- there is one misconception like if u want true 5G speed ur mobile needs to get always connected to near by local tower rather than searching for longer distance tower and due to wavelength limitations ur point won't become valid in current situations and radiation will become peaks, check new survey conducted by some X company which shows sar values exhibited by devices-5t second most position and 6 at4-5 approx positions of emitting radiation than prescribed limit radiation,
    so it's better its better not to consider up coming devices of op with 5g and 4g which has sar values at high levels...
    I read the same from ur quote from last paragraph and seems quite reasonable....

GuiBif likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 23, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 23, 2019 :
    While this is complete off-topic, I must address it by the simple fact of being completely false.

SAR limit for the EU (which is the value that is circulating around) is 2.0 W/kg. All OnePlus devices are considerably below that. More importantly all devices have to be certified regarding radiation emissions before brands can launch it into the market. Still, you're free to decide which reasons you take into account while purchasing your next device.

gcocucci likes this.
  5. ChrisX0z
    Gingerbread Feb 23, 2019

6. GuiBif
    Eclair Feb 23, 2019

7. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2019

chandramoulipolavarapu , Feb 24, 2019 :

dsmonteiro

While this is complete off-topic, I must address it by the simple fact of being completely false.

SAR limit for the EU (which is the value that is circulating around) is 2.0 W/kg. All OnePlus devices are considerably below that. More importantly all devices have to be certified regarding radiation emissions before brands can launch it into the market. Still, you're free to decide which reasons you take into account while purchasing your next device.​

sar value varies from one country to another and the value is limited to less than 2.0W/kg for some countries, check the same :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019

8. G_Jeyanth_Mandava_Ysdj
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

G_Jeyanth_Mandava_Ysdj , Feb 24, 2019 :
    A curious case of Indian network

I wonder when we will get real 4g speeds in India Hopefully we jump into the future in 5g speeds! But it looks like it's not any time soon for us with current speeds in India.

9. l3p1dl0
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2019

10. chandramoulipolavarapu
    Honeycomb Feb 24, 2019

chandramoulipolavarapu , Feb 24, 2019 :

dsmonteiro

SAR limit for the EU (which is the value that is circulating around) is 2.0 W/kg. All OnePlus devices are considerably below that. More importantly all devices have to be certified regarding radiation emissions before brands can launch it into the market. Still, you're free to decide which reasons you take into account while purchasing your next device.​

country like India have sar value of
    max limit -1.6W/Kg, so what is going to say about this...
    check this link from forbes:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...rtphones-emit-the-most-radiation-infographic/

11. csrcsr07
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2019

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 24, 2019

dsmonteiro , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Sorry, but what do you mean?

YRJ likes this.
  13. malidan
    Nougat Feb 24, 2019

Rick Manders likes this.
  14. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Feb 24, 2019

YRJ , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Approx. 2 years for 5g to get mainstreamed in India.
    OnePlus is expected to launch 2 smartphones,

1. The 5G phone (No details available yet)
    2. The standard non-5g variant most probably the OnePlus 7. Although there is absolutely no official confirmation regarding it!

csrcsr07 likes this.
  15. malidan
    Nougat Feb 24, 2019

malidan , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Don't get consumed by the hype bro, if you look back at 3 and 4G they took years to roll out and it will be no different here.

Hydra Bob and swapnilshah52 like this.
  16. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2019

Shuller , Feb 24, 2019 :
    @dsmonteiro , @Carl do we already know what impact will have the 5G on the devices Price? At least a hint?

Seagal_aikikai and dsmonteiro like this.
  17. dsmonteiro

Add #questionforCarl to the post and the question will qualify to be asked in the Spanish event on the 27th. ;)

I don't have an answer to give you, though. But I've read multiple reports about how the needed parts alone have a significant impact on pricing.

Seagal_aikikai and Shuller like this.
  18. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2019

Shuller , Feb 24, 2019 :
    I'll try to ask him in person :) and will be there waiting for you guys from 18:00 )))

EDIT: Finally I'll be able to tell you everything I disagree in person )))

Seagal_aikikai and dsmonteiro like this.
  19. dsmonteiro

That's great to hear. Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Seagal_aikikai and Shuller like this.
  20. brmbjn
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019