My 3rd, but this time FULL review of my OPO!

1. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay , Oct 31, 2014 :
    So I've had my phone for almost a month now. And straight to the point, I still love this phone. I came from my nexus4 and sold it for $100.
    At first, the phone was flawless. Then, I started to notice more and more of the issues the other people were having, but it's still nothing serious.
    The first problem I encountered happened within the 2nd week I had the phone. It was the touch issue. Whenever I typed too fast, it misspelled my words, very often, which is the reason why I put vibration on my keyboard. That was until the latest software came through and now the typing is flawless, but I've grown so used to having the vibration on when typing that I decided to keep it.
    Now, with that being said, I had my first self reboot the day after the software update. But, not another one since so it's fine.
    Second problem, I noticed yesterday when I decided to use the bottom buttons, instead of the screen buttons like stock android. It was the yellowband screen. BUT! It's still nothing serious. I asked a couple of people if they even noticed the yellowband on the bottom of the screen on a white background and they ALL said no. Sooooo.. it's all good. and honestly, I'm not even bothered by it. It's just something to mention because I did notice it.
    Another issue, which is another minor one is the battery. Don't get me wrong, the battery is fuqin awesome! 3100mah on such a standard pixel phone, is the best option right now. However, my complaint is the when the phone is fully charged, it drains from 100% to 90% a lot quicker than usual. Maybe, the battery isn't made to fully last like...idk 3-4 years. BUT, still thankful. I usually get about 16 hours of battery on average use. I have also never drained my battery completely to 0% as I have heard that some users couldn't get the battery back up again.
    However! on the plus side, this phone has the best sound I've ever heard on the phones that I've owned (nexus4, galaxys3, htcsensation, bb9900, bb9700, sidekick3.....). And on top of that, the volume is louder than you'll expect, trust me. I keep my notification volume only 3 clicks up from mute, I keep my ringer only 1 or 2 up from mute, and keep my alarm only half way and I can still hear all of them.
    Another plus is how much I can customize this phone. It's unbelievable, really. From the off screen features, to the lockscreen features, to customizing the bottom buttons from longpress to doublepress; it's just awesome. And I seriously grown attached to the doubletapping to awake, that I have started to do it to other phones without realizing.
    I was never a big fan of rooting my stock vanilla to other things like cyanogen and that unicornbs but! ever since I got the opo, cyanogen is like stock vanilla android on steroids. The customization is unreal and I always like to use my phone to its' full potential and I feel like I still haven't touched upon all of them. No, I don't use the cyanogen homescreen themes since I like googlenow launcher best.
    And now, I can't wait for Android L to come through my OPO. I'm not anxious though, but I would love to see something updated again. I am obsessed with the latest software update and hearing that OPO will take 3 months after AndroidL is out, just seems dreadful. But! my phone already has the notification popup enabled from settings. Fuqin awesome, seriously.
    LOL! I sound like I'm in love with this phone and I honestly am.
    Cheers Oneplus! Chill out with the Oneplus2 and continue being dedicated with the OPO.

Btw, I still did not get my invites so please do not ask me for one. I still not be giving any out until I actually have them. Still waiting for an email or something.

2. nkrish
    Froyo Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  3. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

Oh! And I forgot. The vibration is somewhat louder than it's supposed to be. Sometimes it's the loudness that alerts me, rather than the vib.
    Also, with the touch issue. Although the typing is a lot smoother now, Sometimes, the doubletap doesn't work as well as sometimes just touching. Which gives awkward 2-3 seconds to see if the phone responded. But that's like... every 1 in 50 touches.

4. akiraccel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  5. majikme
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2014

majikme , Oct 31, 2014 :
    How is the voice recognition? Is there a somewhat easy way to get the always listening feature on this phone?

Andoenay likes this.
  6. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2014

yeah definitely.

7. Curt0176
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2014

Curt0176 , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Great review and I agree with you that the Google now launcher is great! I've tried about a dozen other launchers and none of the are as good for me as Google now.

I also have next lock screen from Microsoft for message notifications and other helpful tools right on the lock screen.

Andoenay likes this.
  8. 0utblast
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  9. dwaynelson
    KitKat Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  10. dizzle16
    Jelly Bean Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  11. takeabyte

takeabyte , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Nice review, thanks! Got any invites? I'm kidding I'm kidding, i read the note at the end!! *ducks in cover*

Andoenay likes this.
  12. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 31, 2014

DrJMun , Oct 31, 2014 :
    Good honest and fair review. Some you liked, some you had problems with but could live with, but nothing major. I think thats how most feel.

Andoenay likes this.
  13. craigos
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2014

Andoenay likes this.
  14. KhalMinos

Andoenay likes this.
  15. MayankMehta
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2014

16. QuachyDucky
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2014

QuachyDucky , Nov 3, 2014 :
    I have no idea whether he liked it or not because I just skimmed it.

17. HuorCulnamo
    Froyo Nov 3, 2014

18. secondlio
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

19. blur13
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2014

blur13 , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Thanks for your honest review! Can't wait for mine to show up...it is currently in "Processing" status, whatever that means. Estimate delivery time: 1-2 weeks!! I hope in one week's time. :)

20. dbennett2010
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2014

Atrain likes this.