my battery was draining overnight

1. X1508837514693
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2018

X1508837514693 , Apr 11, 2018 :
    night I charged my batter to 99% ...and I kept it aside
    when I saw my battery at morning it is 90% ....
    I don't even used anything ..but batter is draining ....

2. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

CosmoKramer70 , Apr 11, 2018 :
    seriously??? thats normal... even though you aint using the phone its still running background processes which will cause the battery to drain. if you dont want you battery being used over night, turn the phone off...

Hydra Bob likes this.
  3. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

4. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

was honestly waiting for one of the usual, it was 99% when i went to bed and now its 22%... but 9% overnight (~7hours) without using the phone is a level changer. seems like the phone is broken, send it back lol

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

Hydra Bob , Apr 11, 2018 :
    Precisely, some people do have legitimate battery drain problems, usually caused by wakelocks from rogue apps and corrupted cache data which is more of an Oreo problem than an OOS problem, but then everyone sees those posts and makes ten "battery drain fast plz fix" threads to the point where other sites pick up and report on it then more people see it and it creates this endless feedback loop. You can't buy a phone with a SD835 and expect it to sip one or two percent battery overnight like a mid-ranger. That's like buying a V8 car and expecting it to get 40 mpg or something, it just ain't gonna happen.

6. Vinishchalana
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2018

Vinishchalana , Apr 11, 2018 :
    exactly , even i am also facing the same issue . from past 2 days battery is draining like hell .

X1508837514693 likes this.
  7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

"Even I" implies that for some reason you should be immune to it, use the words too or also in that scenario instead. But you've provided absolutely no useful information. 9% overnight is perfectly normal so if you're facing a legitimate issue you're going to have to provide more information and preferably screenshots of battery stats if you want help.

Johnathan Wick and CosmoKramer70 like this.
  8. Prakash Bulusu
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2018

Prakash Bulusu , Apr 11, 2018 :
    don't know why suddenly I'm facing this issue with my phone...
    although the doze mode is on, the battery is draining rapidly.....
    hope @OnePlus does something about this

9. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

Oh goodie another super informative post. If you'd like anyone to try and help you try to provide some more information, either here to us or to OnePlus directly on the feedback platform. Or you can just hang around making vague forum posts waiting for a magical OTA update that will fix all of your issues, your call.

10. Prakash Bulusu
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2018

let me put the info this way..
    the phone charge was 100% and when it reached 48% the sot was around 52 minutes. I did use wynk app for listening to some songs during that time... but the next 48% it gave me around 2 hours sot

Hydra Bob likes this.
  11. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Apr 11, 2018

Okay but SOT isn't the only or the best indicator of good battery life. The next time you have a charge cycle that you feel isn't what it should be post the full battery stats of both app usage and the battery graph so others can see if there's anything out of the ordinary.

Prakash Bulusu likes this.
  12. Prakash Bulusu
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2018

sure, bro..
    I'll do it next time when something goes wrong but for current stats
    1523413362387.jpg
    seems to be fine

Hydra Bob likes this.
  13. Nobodyslight
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2018

Nobodyslight , Apr 11, 2018 :
    unistall Facebook, king of the Underwood scum and resource hogging apps

Brandon_L_79 and Prakash Bulusu like this.
  14. Prakash Bulusu
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2018

15. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

those stats dont look all that bad. 3.5 hours of SOT at 47% battery left looks pretty good to me.
    my phone has 48% left and its telling me about 15hours left. then again i dont fully charge my phone which you dont want to do. fully charging or over charging will decrease battery life

Prakash Bulusu and Hydra Bob like this.
  16. Nobodyslight
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2018

debatable; I turn mine off when I go to bed and leave it plugged in and get better performance than when. I charge it when I wake up to about 90 or 95%... but I do know that charging while off had made a huge difference for me. also, don't charge till it gets pretty low (that's the case for me anyways, can't say it'll be the same honestly)

17. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

i mean look each to their own, past phones i use to charge over night and noticed that the battery would progressively get worse over a short period. decided with this phone to do my research from multiple sources and decided to just top up and havnt noticed any issues with battery performance.
    Then again each phone have different batteries, different technology and different OS's. but im providing information and an opinion from research.

Hydra Bob and Nobodyslight like this.
  18. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2018

Hydra Bob and Nobodyslight like this.
  19. Nobodyslight
    Honeycomb Apr 11, 2018

fair enough, and besides, I honestly think the way you charge can only get you so far. if he's closing every app as soon as hes done and opens it say every 5 minutes and closes it, that's gonna harm his battery. or like I said earlier, Facebook is Satan and should never be installed on any phone or operating system.

CosmoKramer70 likes this.
  20. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2018

oh yeah forgot to add that, the facebook app or any app owned by facebook is just plain bad and probably wouldnt use at all.

Hydra Bob likes this.