My Camera keeps crashing on me

1. bushongadong
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2014

bushongadong , Aug 26, 2014 :
    My camera/gallery keeps crashing on me and I have to reboot my phone in order to use it again. My opo is up to date and I got it about a month or less ago. It happens often when I use snapchat and other apps that use the camera. Any thoughts?

Threbitsch, davidleetx44 and KingKaan like this.
  2. Mihail_Ko
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2014

3. Dusty
    Eclair Aug 26, 2014

Dusty , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Mine too. The Google Android camera is fine but the CM camera crashes after a while of use. I'm on vacation and it has frozen and crashed 3-4 times over the past 6 days. Its annoying and embarrassing when my wife gives me the evil eye and pulls out her iPhone to capture a moment.

4. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2014

malidan , Aug 26, 2014 :
    Dam, well once you get a shot off you can watch the 3 second Processing delay in gallery.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

davidleetx44 likes this.
  5. rnmhaag
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2014

davidleetx44 likes this.
  6. StrsNStrps
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2014

davidleetx44 likes this.
  7. Superkalifragilistischexp
    Donut Aug 27, 2014

Threbitsch, AeniedG and davidleetx44 like this.
  8. grzechu988
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

davidleetx44 likes this.
  9. Jimmie smith
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

10. Michaelh222
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

11. Slesfam1
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

Slesfam1 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    I am having the same problem! I have had my phone for 2 days and at first the camera was working fine. Then it seemed after the updates my camera would crash no matter how I tried to get to it. Then I added the toggle for the camera to the drop down menu thingy. I then turned it on from there and tada it has worked ever since EXCEPT sometimes it will crash after I have been using it a few min...but works when I reopen it. I hope some smart person at cyanogen figures this out because I love this phone.

12. damian_44
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

13. Supedawgs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2014

Supedawgs , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Having used variations of CyanogenMod for ~5 years, I can tell you camera driver on it can be very flaky.

14. Rauzer
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

Rauzer , Aug 27, 2014 :
    same problems here. while on holidays , after about 60 HDR photos , CM photo app crashes every capture. tried to modify capture settings, scene (clear, intelligent shot, ..). bug still exists.
    had to reboot phone so everything worked ok again (and again the bug reappears after another 60 captures).

floridanativ likes this.
  15. ethan919
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2014

16. gtl92
    Cupcake Aug 31, 2014

gtl92 , Aug 31, 2014 :
    Hello I have the same issue with OPO 64GB camera.
    Sometimes stock camera crash suddenly with message, cannot connect to the camera (similar to issue) . No way to recover camera apps working ( same with any camera apps like google camera..) needs to restart the phone.
    Also tried, cache or dalvik cleaning, wipe all, factory reset and installing latest firmware.

As a random issue is not easy to identify a simple step by step scenario reproductible.

This problem is very annoying.
    Take a picture must be simple and fast.
    So if you are facing to this bug and you need to wait until your device restarts before taking a picture, for sure, it will always be too late ..
    This feature is essential for a smartphone. It must be 100% reliable (such as telephony services and SMS).

Thank you.

PS: all photo are taken using the automatic mode ( not only HDR issue)

My current config is OPO 64GB stock ROM/Firmware and XNPH33R version. Not rooted and not unlocked.

floridanativ likes this.
  17. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Aug 31, 2014

oscarvanl , Aug 31, 2014 :
    Cannot Connect to Camera or similar messages are caused when the camera firmware crashes and the device is unable to restart it. Due to the huge amount of fragmentation and poor implementation this is an issue across nearly all Android devices.

I have this bug caused often by the Snapchat app, if I restart my phone it fixes it. Here's a link to my post, the original post is about this caused by Snapchat - But CyanogenMod seem to be merging other posts with it that aren't related to snapchat. So if you are having the issue please vote that issue up and comment with your findings. If you know how, submitting logcats and other logs would be helpful too.

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-173

Submitting bugs to the jira.cyanogenmod.org is the ONLY way to get them fixed. They do not take bug reports through the forums.

18. Ahmed Othman
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2014

19. kaushu400
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2014

kaushu400 , Sep 1, 2014 :
    Has anyone found a solution? I am having the same issue with snapchat and camera app on my opo. It's really Annoying to restart the phone every time

20. amitvig22
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 2, 2014