Other My contact list repeats the same contact with the same details

1. Pabfab
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2016

Pabfab , Oct 4, 2016 :
    Hello there

I have had a little problem for some time now. It is with my contacts are repeated in the list up to four times containing exactly the same details. I had some cased before when one had a phone number and what seemed a duplicate had an email address. I don't really know why that happened as I think I set it up to show only contacts with phone numbers but so be it. Now it is different. I find the same contact three and four times with exactly the same information. To make things more interesting is that if I try to delete one of them all of them are deleted and I will lose the contact altogether.

Why does this happen? Is there a way to sort it out?

Thanks.

2. orionaselite
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2016

orionaselite , Oct 4, 2016 :
    Had the same issue ages ago

Just use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=angel.twitch&hl=en

and then go merge your duplicate contacts in google contacts on the web

3. Pabfab
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2016

Pabfab , Oct 13, 2016 :
    it is strange. That link in my computer takes to a page in which I can see there is an app to install, but I cannot find it in Googleplay in my mobile.

4. Pabfab
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2016

Pabfab , Oct 13, 2016 :
    Thanks for the advice but I have installed it and I'm not sure what use it has. it seems pretty useless to me. There are numbers in my list that repeat more times than twitch shows, so I don't think I can sort the problem out.

5. bebetoby
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2016

6. Mike65
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2016

Mike65 , Oct 25, 2016 :
    just go to your phone book settings and choose only one source of contracts