My custom boot animation

1. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2015

LifelessLewis , Feb 25, 2015 :

2. Skwij
    Froyo Feb 25, 2015

Skwij , Feb 25, 2015 :
    Do you have to be using the cm11 theme engine to use this?
    Or can you just install.
    My OPO is rooted but running 44s stock with Nova Launcher Prime.

3. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

LifelessLewis , Feb 26, 2015 :
    No you don't, but the theme engine will still work with things like the bootanimation because it has nothing to do with nova. I use stock 05q rooted with Nova Launcher and the download works fine for me :) but if you just don't want to use the download from the playstore the zip file will work with your setup, as it did mine before i upgraded :)

If you do download it from the playstore just click the notification that comes up saying it's installed, then make sure the bootanimation checkbox is ticked and click apply. It won't change any of your Nova settings (take a backup of them on the off chance that something does though). it'll take a second to apply and then it should be working along with any icon themes and settings you previously had :)

4. matmpimentel
    Donut Feb 26, 2015

5. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Looks awesome, well made and smooth :) i'm having a little trouble with smoothness when it's on the actual phone, not sure if you'd run into that though :(

Do you have the zip file ready to go and made? of just the images and a gif. The only way i know how to get it onto the phone is by moving the zip file manually on a rooted device. @maxkl1101 made the apk for me from the zip file that I uploaded so he might be able to help with that but there are plenty of theme templates out there that you could modify with your own files if you can find a tutorial (i know there are some good ones on xda)

Easiest way, at least for personal use, would be to root your device and put the animation on there manually. Some phones can be tricky to root but the one is dead simple, download a couple of things and the type something into a command window and your done. Or you can just use a rootkit that will do it at the press of a button :)

If you have the zip file you can link to it on here and i'll try it out see how it runs on the phone if you want :) and if you manage to make an apk that installs from the theme engine, or someone else compiles it for you i can get it on the playstore (i'd fully credit you of course) it costs to make a developer account to upload stuff to the store so unless it's something you really want to do i wouldn't bother when someone else can do it for you :)

It's good though and I reckon people would download it.

matmpimentel likes this.
  6. CasperTFG
    KitKat Feb 26, 2015

CasperTFG , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Awesome. Not many folks make the apk just the zip. And to put it on the Play Store was a nice touch. Thanks again. Too bad the animamtion couldn't be a tad faster. Great job.

7. Oneplusoneplease92
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

Oneplusoneplease92 , Feb 26, 2015 :
    [​IMG] Very cool! When I finally get an invite I'm keen to do some mucking around. Boot animations are a great way to personalise your phone!

8. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Yeah well I already had an account and max was kind enough to just make it and send it to me :) I am planning on working on the smoothness, I have no idea why it's slow, it shouldn't be because it's set to play at like 100 frames per second and there's only just over 100 in each loop haha. I plan on fixing it when I have finished my university dissertation and have more time next week :)

Invite section is your friend, I got both of mine within half an hour of looking :)

9. Oneplusoneplease92
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

Wow really? Do you just look for people offering and reply to that thread? :) wow wow

I need to learn how to make gifs and boot animations.

10. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Yeah there are lots of people giving them out. One of mine I got from the comments on a picture from Oneplus's facebook page. or if you can wait until Tuesdays they have an open sale every week :)

It's not too hard really, lots of tutorials out there and tools to make it easier :)

11. Oneplusoneplease92
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

Oh sweet! Thank you are the Tuesdays sales limited? I've joined the forums looks like I just missed out on a post haha[​IMG]

12. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Not that I know of, shipping times might be a little longer due to the amount they will sell. Don't think it counts in India because of the issues they've had there. So as long as they ship to your country from the official site you should be good to buy either the 64gb or the 16gb :)

13. shrenil19
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

14. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

15. paulpyro
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

paulpyro , Feb 26, 2015 :
    Works!! YES!! Thanks for the animation, I love the new look on my One!

Skwij and LifelessLewis like this.
  16. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Glad you like it Paul :)

paulpyro likes this.
  17. paulpyro
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

I wrote and rated it 5/5 on Google Play aha :) Now it can spread across the world!! :p

LifelessLewis likes this.
  18. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2015

Yay, thank you very much for the kind words :)

paulpyro likes this.
  19. paulpyro
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2015

No Problem!

LifelessLewis likes this.
  20. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 26, 2015