My experience with the screen protector

1. macmaniac
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

macmaniac , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Right after I got my OPO I also ordered the screen protector. Here're some thoughts on this:

I had ordered TWO packages as I have quite some experience with stick-on foils and specially on a new phone I tend to be a bit clumsy on first try ;)

While the "manual" shipped with the screenprotectors (=SP) was not really THAT easy to understand after studying it for a while it made sense. They ship some stickers along with the foil and here's how it works.
    1. First you put the SP without removing any protecting layers on the display to align the two
    2. Now you take the two stickers labeled for alignment and create some sort of "hinge". These keep the SP in place.
    3. Now you "open" the hinge and remove the protective layer that before faced the display.
    4. Close the hinge and the SP should perfectly align with the screen
    5. They ship some squeegee along the SP to remove any bubbles that might have appeared which works really well
    6. now take the second set of stickers and apply to the protective foil and gently lift the layer
    7. remaining is only the screen protector, perfectly aligned
    I've had some issues on my first try though and I'm 100% sure I did not touch the SP at all. On the right edge it wouldn't adhere to the screens glass (which was cleaned and absolutely free of any grease)

Generally the SP is of very good quality and I do not "see" it in day to day use. That's fine. Of course a plastic foil is never as sturdy against scratches as Gorillaglass is, on the other side I want to keep the screen in mint condition so that's fine with me.

Conclusion: Quite easy to apply but I'd suggest you order two SP instead of just one to be on safe side, SP does the job quite well, would buy again.

bobuser, Chinotto, lethyl and 4 others like this.
  2. sbtkd85
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

sbtkd85 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing.

How is the experience with the SP on vs just the glass?

macmaniac likes this.
  3. furyland
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

4. RandyB
    Froyo Jul 17, 2014

5. furyland
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

furyland , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I will once I get the phone and the protector :) I ordered them today, the videos on the website sold me out lol

Masson likes this.
  6. jollinshah
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2014

jollinshah , Jul 17, 2014 :
    i just ordered the screen protector from here i didnt feel like paying $25 for the rhino shield :D. I also ordered the green protective case it looks pretty sweet. And after this i need to stop buying accessories :D i already have a clear case too lol.

did you install it in the bathroom? Like a steam install? @macmaniac

twong likes this.
  7. AwakeForever

AwakeForever , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Is the OPO sp oleophobic? That's really the only thing I'm look for. If not, can anybody refer me to one thats decent? Trying to prepare myself for when I get the phone

8. jollinshah

no its not but you can find oleo phobic sprays if you search on google. You could treat it with one of those sprays

9. AwakeForever

AwakeForever , Jul 17, 2014 :
    That stuff is kind of expensive and people said they don't last as long as sp that come treated with it

10. jollinshah

i see, ive never used them so i have no idea.

11. DanielFran

12. vassy.uk
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2014

vassy.uk , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I too have one SP I bought along with the device. Does the job but will it be safe like the tempered glass ones?

13. WA_Bob
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2014

WA_Bob , Jul 17, 2014 :
    The Nillkin tempered glass one I ordered was only $12 USD and went on easily and flawlessly. And looks and feels great. I'd highly recommend it as a cheaper quality alternative.

14. physiatrist
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

physiatrist , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Guy in another thread dropped his new OPO from coffee table and shattered the glass. Goodbye OPO. $25 maybe worth it.

15. jollinshah

link?

16. WA_Bob
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2014

17. jollinshah

18. jollinshah

AwakeForever likes this.
  19. AwakeForever

20. macmaniac
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

macmaniac , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Can't really see a big difference. Glass feels more natural but it's very good.

Masson likes this.