My Favorite Things! A permanent RECOMMENDATIONS thread

1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 30, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 30, 2019 :
    20191230_145709_0000.png

Konnichiwa !

Well, the tittle is pretty self-explanatory, :) some of the greatest interactions I've had and also witnessed on the forums, happened when, passionate awesome people from all over the globe got together and ... shared their common interests, you know how the saying goes "sharing is caring", and this is particularly true for our little 2,7 million people Community in which helping others find something is at the base of everything ! Those moments happen allover the forums, from obviously the whole of user-reviews section, WoHo , RNC , to WFT and obviously private conversations, yes, we already have some specific great threads, this one about music, this that recommends a more responsible, caring, wholesome way of living, this about apps and even this fresh thread from today, come to mind.

There is something magical about "recommendations", people get to bond at a personal level, discover each-other, and mingle, develop friendships over their shared love, passions and interests, the whole of Community can be seen as a recommendation for what OnePlus means to so many of us :D, this thread is here to further facilitate that, in a more organized mode .;)

You can recommend literally everything, and also ask for specific recommendations you may need, just keep things FUN, clean, nice, inclusive, and obviously respect others, their right to a opinion, and the Forum Rules .

*as a side-note, the (still small) cat you see in the header, got her lovely, awesome name of ITZAL as a recommendation from a fellow user, non other than one of the users of the year. Great Honor (thank you again madrina) !

that being said...

ENJOY YOURSELVES !

but wait, there's more, since OnePlus really values its users, and actually cares about their feedback, opinions, interests, etc, on this here thread we will have some special events around the idea of recommendations, organized from time to time (hopefully soon), so keep a eye on the thread ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019

2. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jan 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Hello my friends! Santa Zach is here again, with another gift. Since December has come to an end, you've all hopefully given and received lots of gift. What do you think is the perfect gift in your mind? Let's share together in this thread and get gift which I recommend - OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2, click here for more information why this is a great gift!

RULES:
    • Until Jan 6 23:59 HKT, reply under this post and recommend us what are the perfect gifts (under 100$) in your opinion.
    • Give a brief introduction about the gift and explain why you recommend it.
    • One lucky person will be randomly drawn to be gifted my recommendation, a pair of OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2

3. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jan 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    Zach X. , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Congratulations on @EJ Klezer being chosen as the lucky user to get Santa Zach's recommendation - OnePlusBullets Wireless 2.
    Thank you all for your participation. Please keep an eye on the up-coming event and good luck next time;)

4. SJBoss
    Lollipop Dec 30, 2019

SJBoss , Dec 30, 2019 :
    I want that Cat.
    I recommend that cat to myself.

5. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 30, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 30, 2019 :
    I love that header... Oh my how cute is she?! :hearteyecat: (No, is not because she's my ahijada :rolleyes: Okay maybe a little bit.)

This is a cool interesting thread. I can't see how is gonna develop!! As for now I'm gonna recommend you the Netflix show YOU.

My list of favorite things is too long but I'll try to think in cool things to share with everyone :D

Again bringing us cool things. Thank you!!!

6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Which language is this?
    I would recommend the bw2 olive green 😂😂
    On a serious note, I would recommend Chernobyl web series. It is collaboration of some of the most brilliant minds working together to create a masterpiece!

7. SJBoss
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2019

SJBoss , Dec 31, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    is that some peasant joke?

MosheG1, blahq7, B.I.T.S. and 2 others like this.
  8. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2019

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 31, 2019 :
    @Impersonal Well I get you but Edit: **Caring turned to Carrying**
    I'm a bit amateur and new too community but I'm well into it thanks to you amazing people around the world who never let us down by bringing up new ideas to this awesome community. I would love to be a part of it soon.
    Happy New Year Fellas.
    @OnePlus #NeverSettle

G_plusone, Suraj3000 and Impersonal like this.
  9. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 31, 2019 :
    You and me both :(, sadly, this particular one is very independent, his own man cat, you know a general A-hole.

Probably Japanese, although it got popularized as a greating in the '90 by :
    Wu-Tang-Clan-Logo-Hip-Hop-Rap-Music-Silk-Poster-Art-Bedroom-Decoration-0889.jpg

You might be onto something... ;)

I saw the series, it was pretty well done, I loved the style and brutalist estetics... actually I was so into it, I even looked up ways to visit... maybe in the Summer..

Nice gif or is it gif ;)

Everybody is new at some point, and that's a good thing, actually the best way to further the Community, since new means also :
    giphy.gif

Happy New Year to You!

10. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I also wanted to visit after watching 😍

SJBoss, B.I.T.S. and Impersonal like this.
  11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 31, 2019

dsmonteiro , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Cool idea, @Impersonal!

Here are a few from me.

TV Shows:
    • Mr. Robot
    • Fleabag
    • The Witcher (but if you want to get the full experience, get into the universe first by playing the games or reading the books first)
    • Final Space
    • Archer
    • Dark
    • The OA (things get weird, but it's uniquely crafted)
    • Chernobyl (hard to watch but amazing)
    • The Night of
    Movies:
    • Fight Club
    • Old Boy (Korean version)
    • Se7en
    • Memento
    • Primer (low budget movie about time traveling paradoxes, very cool concept but you need to watch this 20 minute Youtube video afterwards to actually understand it)
    • Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    • Inglorious Bastards
    • Gone Girl
    • Interstellar
    • The Departed
    • Snatch
    • The Matrix
    Anime & Manga:
    • Bleach - The anime without the fillers and the follow the manga
    • One Piece - Anime
    • Death Note - Either
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion - The anime plus the movies, especially The Rebuild of Evangelion (last movie will come out in 2020)
    • Trigun - Anime
    • Gantz - Manga
    • One Punch Man - Anime
    • Attack on Titan - The anime but continue with the manga if you want to know the rest of the story~
    PC Games:
    • Mass Effect - The first three games (the end is anti-climatic but the journey is amazing)
    • Dragon Age - The trilogy
    • The Witcher - The trilogy
    • Life is Strange (also available on Android)
    • A Wolf Among Us
    • DOOM
    • Her Story
    • Telling Lies
    • Sid Meier's Civilization 6
    • Portal 1 & 2
    • The Division 2
    • The Stanley Parable
    Need to revisit this topic, to add books and more stuff.

12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2019

13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 31, 2019

G_plusone, SJBoss and Impersonal like this.
  14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 31, 2019

15. dsmonteiro

Please... I bought Telling Lies the day it was released.

16. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I had no idea! o_O

It's not live action, but I think you are going to like a game called SOMA. The writing and the direction are amazing.

And even the rest of your recommendations is impressive. The Night Of is an amazing series, but I thought I was the only one who saw it. Kinda launched Riz Ahmed's career too. Feels great to see it getting more love.

You mentioning The Stanley Parable is even more bizarre, since that's still a really obscure game compared to the Fortnites, CODs and FIFAs of this world. Amazing game too.

Really impressive stuff indeed. :cool:

17. dsmonteiro

Dunno if I should be thankful or offended by that comment :D

18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2019

Top of the morning David !

Great list, hopefully you'll get some time, and also enjoy some of the things on it ;)

Fight Club is one of my all-time favorite movies, I watch it atleast once every year ;P, and my interpretation of it changed through time ... and I'm still not sure, the book was okish, but the movie is definitely better...

Fell free to drop by anytime, looking forward to book recommendations :), I'm mostly into classic universal literature, this will be a slower thread, you know, until, people find eachother, and their tastes... and will get more specific...

Anyways thanks aggain for the recommendations, they'll surely be a starting point for many here

19. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Hehe, "on the one hand, he really praised my recommendations, on the other hand, he looked genuinely surprised I knew good things". :p

Nah, it's a genuine compliment (must be this time of the year), I love about 90% of what you mentioned if you don't count anime/manga. Not because I don't think they are great, but because I don't know any.

Here's a movie recommendation for you and the thread: Locke. Don't read anything about it if you don't know it yet, and just watch it. :cool:

20. dsmonteiro

I loved both in equal measures.

Not classical, but here's one that comes to the top of my mind. I'm not sure whether the English translation is any good, but I would recommend Ensaio Sobre a Cegueira (Blindness) by José Saramago.

I was one of the many Portuguese people that badmouthed Saramago when he won the Nobel Prize, but then I read this book and truly enjoyed it.

21. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 31, 2019

The book can't compete with a bloody, half-naked, gritty Brad Pitt at his prime ;)

This book has been recommended to me before, surely I'll look into it, this time, I've read and liked his Jesus book... but not that much to buy another of his work....Eseu despre orbire (Essay about blindness) is the name it goes by here... and it comes in my fav format, pocket book 18x10, easy to carry around, on your commute, or lunch break etc

22. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 31, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 31, 2019 :
    Damn Monty... I feel like I wrote this list! :oops:

And the anime one too, tho I'm missing Black Lagoon, Samurai Champloo (Animes) and Blade of the Immortal (Manga)

Now... Tell me you use TV Time? I need to follow you to search for more recommendations :rolleyes: