My Favorite Things! A permanent RECOMMENDATIONS thread

1. EJ Klezer and Impersonal like this.
  2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 21, 2020

L1577625664390 likes this.
  3. L1577625664390 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Yes,we had many exciting adventures .
    We went to top of hill sometimes and others on our farm [e]1f3e0[/e]
    Whenever he puts his step outside the home his enthusiasm is at the top .He just doesn't stops pulling me
    At home he has a friend
    It is a cat named Mani

Impersonal likes this.

4. Impersonal likes this.
  5. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2020

Impersonal , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Anyone up for a great 2 movie masterpiece back to back combo...

955947232_o.jpg

EGcisbjUYAQldIX.jpeg

Both awaible on streaming platforms...

Enjoy

Ps: obviously its not for anyone, yet I'm sure someone like @Wonderwoman13 might enjoy it ;)

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 24, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 24, 2020 :
    My man! I don't know about Doctor Sleep, since I haven't seen it yet, but The Shining is one of those movies I saw countless times, it's still a masterpiece, as any Kubrick movie.

Did you watch a documentary called "Room 237"? It's a deep dive about the theories and easter eggs Kubrick included in the film. Here's a taste of what you can see there. :cool:o_O

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020

7. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Jan 24, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Ohh I was supposed to watch Doctor Sleep when it came out, but I couldn't get time. 🥺
    I really liked The Shining, so I was dying to watch Doctor Sleep.
    Just last month I checked on streaming platforms, it wasn't there.:( but glad that now it has come! Thanks for letting know! And awesome recs.;)
    Will watch it tonight! :cool::p

B.I.T.S. and Impersonal like this.
  8. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2020

Obviously :D

Well you are in for a treat with Dr Sleep, it really is awesome, the book was so and so, but the movie, surprisingly good.... especially since the time gap si so big...

Kubrick really is one of the GREATS, and I'm especially fond of his work that, coincidentally is based on some of my favorite things books, the movie I like to watch on repeat, is " A clockwork Orange" ... where to start, I love the book, mostly because of the story behind it, Burgess literally made it as a personal chalange, it's such a special book, I mean he ducking invented a new slang just to write it... a masterpiece, Kubrick's film is based on a alternate version of the book (that circulated in the prudish parts of the US), but boy did he elevate the source material, and made it his own, so much so, that the book and the movie are both reference works for their creators and actually complement eachother

The same can't be said about "Lolita"

Anyways enjoy your weekend Orange sage !

9. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2020

Yeah girl, I know you're into "scary movies" and even if frownd upon (obviously by ignorant ppl), there really are some great gems in that category, it's actually on a renaissance of some sort, and the genre itself, has so much history and it really is at the basis of cinematography ...

Have fun!

B.I.T.S. and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  10. T1573464785621
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

Impersonal likes this.
  11. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2020

Impersonal , Jan 27, 2020 :
    Hello, welcome to the Community, I recommend you pick a username, a profile-picture (love the bike, maybe a better resolution pic ;) ), definitely check the forum rules and engage the threads that picked your interest, you'll surely find a lovely, divers, bunch of friendly, Interesting, AWESOME users, scattered throughout the forums !

Have fun and enjoy!

Ps: start at the starting-point

buntycubal likes this.
  12. D1580220814104
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

Impersonal likes this.
  13. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2020

Impersonal , Jan 28, 2020 :
    It works just fine :D, just read the post above yours

Welcome bro to the community

14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 2, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Here's another recommendation:

Uncut Gems.

It’s a movie directed by Josh and Benny Safdie starring Adam Sandler. Now, I know you probably don’t usually watch movies with Sandler - that’s ok, I usually don’t watch them too. I think they have the depth of a sheet of paper.

However, Uncut Gems is not that kind of movie. It tells the story of Howard Ratner (Sandler) who has a jewelry store and is obsessed with an opal that may or may not change/save his financial life.

Published by the great A24, it’s a movie with a spiral of things that go wrong, really wrong and really fast. When the movie is over, the viewer has reached a range of emotions anchored in sympathy for the man, but torn between what he does and how he does it. No human is perfect here.

It’s streaming on Netflix outside the US since last Friday and I still can feel something whenever I think about it. Also, its ending is such a lesson in storytelling or, even better, a masterpiece in growing and growing tension. I can promise you something: you will remember that ending for hours, days, weeks.

It helps tremendously that Sandler decided it was time to probably give the performance of his lifetime. Here's a trailer.

buntycubal, script and Impersonal like this.
  15. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Still got PTSD from Jack and Jill... :)

buntycubal and Cheetosdust like this.
  16. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 2, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Good god, that movie. :confused:

No, believe me on this one - it's not like Jack & Jill or anything trash tier that makes 90% of Sandler's career. If you have the opportunity, just watch it and let me know how was the experience. ;)

buntycubal and Impersonal like this.
  17. J1581065175871
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2020

18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 8, 2020 :
    And a gem it was, finally got time to see it , as a Saturday evening movie, and boy did it delivered, I'm still all reved up, by the sheer adrenaline and rollercoaster of emotions....

Truly a great movie, this might be Adam Sandler acting for the first time ever, might be the only movie where you don't see the "Adam Sandler", I was completely immersed....

Thank You @Cheetosdust for the very awesome, surprising and great recommendation ! Probably the best new movie I've seen in a while...

Ps: Currently I'm watching Porto vs Benfica, I'm rooting for Porto, maybe I'll even put a little something on them, to be in theme with the movie

19. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 8, 2020 :
    They literally scored as I posted... good game so far, I'm recommending it, I'm hoping it will relaunch the championship

20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 9, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Hello hello hello :D

hah, glad you had the opportunity to watch it and even better that you liked it. Someone described this movie as a "two-hour panic attack" and yeah, it shows a new side of Sandler I didn't know he had. At some point, I was like "can someone give this man his opal? Where is it? Please, I can't take this anymore". :p

And the game was a great recommendation, indeed. I watched it and my team did win (3-2). We were seven points behind Benfica and now they are "only" four points ahead, so you are correct, it did launch the championship. :cool:

buntycubal and Impersonal like this.