My Favorite Things! A permanent RECOMMENDATIONS thread

1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 9, 2020 :
    The film was a masterpiece, frankly, I'm hoping more people will watch it... and about Sandler yes, after watching the movie idk if anyone could have played the part better, the character he portraits is pretty much a scumbag, hard to root for, yes as you said, I also couldn't help myself, I just wished all the time, he would find a solution, something to actually go his way, even if not morally right....

About the game, I usually watch football because I love the game, and find it relaxing, and I'm all in for a Darby, and it really raised up to it's name, 5 goals, including a penalty and a own goal, a true thriller... the lusitan club I kinda fancy is Sporting mainly because they promote lots of interesting young players, and it's like a glimpse in the future... I still remember a young Cristiano, or a even younger Quaresma (I still have a replica shirt of his... that doesn't fit anymore :p) , to bad Sporting is pretty shit this season... I prefer the classical Portuguese threesome

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020

buntycubal and Cheetosdust like this.
  2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2020

And since it's SUNDAY , I would like to recommend y'all the very epic, and a great HBO Europe Series, currently on the second season although they are named differently, so without further ado :

p17331726_b_v8_aa.jpg

The sequel to the much beloved, yet highly unknown 2016's The Young Pope, basically, The Game of Holy thrones :p

Why should you watch it !?, well, first of all for the great cast, Jhon Markovic, Jude Law are great actors that really shine, the cinematography also and locations are really stunning, I mean it's hard to beat the epic, marble palaces ornated with all them renascentist paintings surrounded by the ancient yet always impressive Rome, and the most spectacular thing, about both seasons, the 2016 and current season is the... Soundtrack, !just a taste since it's still a ongoing series....

Enjoy, AMIN !

*Obviously it has a heavy religious undertone, but I guarantee you, it's secondary to the story, you can enjoy the series, regardless of your knowledge about the papacy

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020

buntycubal, script and Cheetosdust like this.
  3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 9, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Hah, he also played for Porto after that. Quite the player indeed. :cool:

Ohh, I have a new recommendation for the starter of this thread.

My recommendation is: a 2020 calendar! :D:p

buntycubal, script and Impersonal like this.
  4. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2020

:) Busted, it would be nice to live in a permanent, perpetual Saturday ;)

buntycubal, script and Cheetosdust like this.
  5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 9, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 9, 2020 :
    That's one of the best recommendations I saw in this thread and a great Groundhog Day! :cool:

buntycubal, script and Impersonal like this.
  6. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2020

055be86b462e8f578b69c45443a1e48c.jpg

buntycubal and script like this.
  7. XK2
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2020 at 8:24 AM