My feedback of OnePlus Two

1. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Hi to all

After few weeks of usage decided to give my own feedback on the OPT

Phone history
    before starting with the feedback some some history of what phone i was using
    • HTC M7 (5.1.1)
    • Nexus 5 (Cataclysm ROM)
    Packaging
    The red box is here great packaging nothing to say the phone the back rosewood fit the phone and give you a unique style
    First surprise the phone come with screen protection already applied yes it is not the best screen protection or glass tempered but I needed one day to notice it is there just so you imagine how good it is applied (I'll never achieve this perfection)

Phone
    The phone is 5.5 is it a major upgrade for me since my nexus 5 this was one of my fear it will be too big but finally it fits and feel light in the hand still can be in the pocket. the metal side bring a luxury feeling to the phone the buttons on the sides good and the notification slider (still didn't understand why it is there and not a software toggle). lots of threads are there talking about the home button I didn't really have an issue with this home button just push slightly and you are back to home maybe later if any issue happen's i'll update my review

ROM
    Lets start the phone and see the OS , this was another good surprise the ROM is very close to google stock and this is what i like major reason why i had the nexus other people might like more gadgets or add-on like other constructor, I prefer having the google stock and some features enabled that make the phone better experience.
    so yes the double tap to wake or sleep the phone is great this prevent me from pushing the power button this is a big advantage
    The fingerprint again you will see lots of threads about issues i added 2 finger prints and it works, true i notice If you hold the phone around the metal and try the fingerprint it talk more time, if you use a cover to the phone you will never notice this.
    stability of the OxygenOS i didn't have any major issue running 2.1.1 feel smooth menu are clear putting the phone in the dark theme is very nice it can be better enhanced yes but i'll leave it for more updates to come and then say (on my nexus the cataclysm amazing ROM took few months to get stable and become as perfect as it is now)

Battery

No rooting or changing kernel it last 2 days i'll upload some pics from my phone
    charging from 0 to 100% take about 2 hours which is not bad for me might be slow for others

Camera

i used both front end back end photo are clear very nice and i don't see any issue
    the camera app is not perfect didn't have an issue it freezing or not starting but I agree it can be
    enhanced and i hope very soon
    i also add the google camera and some feature are not working like the sphere mode.

Accessory

• Casebase tempered glass screen protection that i still didn't applied
    • Ringke's Fusion Case is a transparent hard shell for OnePlus 2 that i don't really use prefer the phone naked
    My Bugs/enhancements
    I notice when you plug the phone to charging if you touch the metal
    surrounding you will feel some electricity leaks (this is not the first time i see with the phones) need to have feedback from other people about this (ticket open)
    As i mentioned with google camera sphere mode doesn't work
    Another bug i opened a thread for dual SIM configurations : dualSim

Theme can be enhanced but again i'm not a big fan of all the launcher that add so many theming stuff I would expect more toggle buttons (data,LTE/3G/2G, SIM SWITCH, ....)
    things nice to have

• DPI modification possibility to make these icon smaller without rooting the phone found this thread need to try it and i'll post my experience
    • folders for apps (not on home page)
    • app control guard

Here it is for now I'll update as things come over time ..

Enjoy the OPT it is a Great Phone and there is a great support Community

Screenshot of the phone

Screenshot_2015-10-17-23-42-31.png Screenshot_2015-10-21-18-05-19.png Screenshot_2015-10-21-18-05-13.png Screenshot_2015-10-23-10-50-07.png

Camera Pics
    IMG_20151021_080541.jpg IMG_20151021_080426.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015

2. jakob1379
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2015

jakob1379 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Nice review. I wondered if have experienced any bugs with the download "app/folder"?

gas14 likes this.
  3. jakob1379
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2015

jakob1379 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    And also the electricity leek you talk about. You really should have your phone returned and get it fixed/get a new one. Mine doesn't do that :)

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  4. rajeshkumar.poola
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

rajeshkumar.poola , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Try to take a random pic from some distance and try to zoom in to it. You will find the quality of picture..I feel picture quality is just average

sarvind2 likes this.
  5. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    no i didn't have any issue with download folder I use ES File explorer

6. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    I opened a ticket waiting for the reply

7. locxFIN
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

locxFIN , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Good review, thanks for sharing! Good to see you're enjoying your purchase :)

gas14 likes this.
  8. rickvdsommen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2015

rickvdsommen , Oct 23, 2015 :
    What have you done with your batery? Mine only last 1 day but i need to charge it when i get home from work

sarvind2 and gas14 like this.
  9. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    this is the thing, as i said i like my google experience so i try to keep it as much as pure without so many add-on usually this is what drain the battery
    what i did nothing just my favorite apps no unneeded apps, didn't root didn't change kernel, didn't add any apps that just seat there and do background work, not theming stuff from my experience these are the major drainers

I have 2 LTE SIMs i didn't notice any heating either
    i use my phone mainly for data like browsing, social network, ..

10. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2015

gas14 likes this.
  11. casrenooij
    Donut Oct 23, 2015

casrenooij , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Does anyne know if installing OpenVPN requires rooting the phone ? I ordered an OP2 today and was wondering this would be an issue. If rooting is needed, what would be the preferred method ?

Thanks...

12. mridul_d4
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2015

mridul_d4 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    battery drain after Oxygen 2.1.1 > a fixable issue or not? along with that, many people are reporting that their Touch Id has become completely unresponsive from time to time..

13. sushant4u
    Eclair Oct 23, 2015

sushant4u , Oct 23, 2015 :
    One bug:
    While clicking a photo or video in dark environment, the phone just froze, until it is locked/unlocked again.

14. Papao
    KitKat Oct 23, 2015

Papao , Oct 23, 2015 :

I hope that from now on that everyone who submits review must have a good review......:D:D:D:D....bad review leaves at home.........:):):):);)

gas14 likes this.
  15. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    I'll try this today and let you know

16. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    as i said you need to check how is draining the battery ? do have background apps ? that try to keep awake the phone ?
    did you use apps like greenify ? that will tell you the high consumers

mridul_d4 likes this.
  17. mridul_d4
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2015

mridul_d4 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    i actually got my OPT 3 days ago.. didn't install any sim.. didn't install any third party app.. the phone worked fine including the touch id.. lightening fast.. i was able to unlock without any fail. no heating issues.. until i got OTA (2.1.1) installed that and the first thing i noticed>> the touch Id became unresponsive.. battery status: 65 percent left : 4 hrs remaining.. i am beginning to think i got a bad unit

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

18. demongokul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2015

19. gas14
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2015

gas14 , Oct 23, 2015 :
    it is really wired i didn't see any of these issues ..
    maybe it is a bad unit ..

20. mridul_d4
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2015