My first weekend with the One

1. dsollows
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

dsollows , Oct 27, 2014 :
    So I received my One on Friday Oct 24th, and have since had the weekend to play. Apart from my initial thoughts I had posted on friday (unlock pin lag) here are some others.

First of All, I immediately did the CM update when I got home. I had no responsiveness issues, poor call/audio quality, or yellow band issues on the screen before or after the OTA.

I've loaded up some games and apps, and all is running great. I mean Real Racing is a battery hog, but it looks great, no stutter or crashing.

The screen is great, colour and text are clear but not too saturated/vibrant.

I initially noticed a couple of strange what i thought were force closes on the game pandapop....it turns out I'm an idiot and it was just the screen going to sleep.

The only poor experience I've really had is with the camera. I took a half dozen photos Saturday night, and they are nowhere to be found in the gallery. I don't really know where they went, or if they didn't actually take when i was clicking the on screen button.

Otherwise it's been a positive experience, and I am a happy OnePlus customer.

Cheers!

2. funmunke
    Marshmallow Oct 27, 2014

funmunke , Oct 27, 2014 :
    With all the complaints flying around about updates, I went home and installed all of them to see if I had any issues. Not a single one.

Never had issues with photos to making it to the gallery. I know you can tweak some of the settings to make it more obvious if the photo was successful or not.

Primegame82 and dsollows like this.
  3. manosome
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2014

Toastie! and dsollows like this.
  4. csotope
    Froyo Oct 27, 2014

dsollows likes this.
  5. Turtle22
    Honeycomb Oct 27, 2014

dsollows likes this.
  6. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 27, 2014

risky1301 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    Great review, congrats.

BTW, love your avatar!

dsollows likes this.
  7. dsollows
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

On the camera/gallery issue, my finger might have had too much beer in it...

Hans104 likes this.
  8. dsollows
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

Haha thanks, Thundercats rocks as well!

risky1301 likes this.
  9. Brandon123s
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2014

Brandon123s , Oct 27, 2014 :
    I've been using my OPO for a week... sending MMS crashed a ton the first day I had it. Then once I fixed that by switching kernels twice.

Then google voice integration in messaging went nuts and suddenly my texts were all outgoing from my google voice number. Took a while to figure out how to get it back to normal messaging.

Then I had issues with zooming in on images (image would freak out and basically be zoomed in 10000% and be unresponsive to gesture input) which a reboot was required to fix.

Yeah... If my grandparents got this phone they would have put it back in the box and bought a cheapo feature phone because of the perceived difficulty of using this thing.

10. Nick Heimes17
    Eclair Oct 27, 2014

Nick Heimes17 , Oct 27, 2014 :
    glad to see people arent really having trouble with the updates anymore, makes me feel more safe to buy one:p

dsollows likes this.
  11. dsollows
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2014

12. csotope
    Froyo Oct 29, 2014

csotope , Oct 29, 2014 :
    I want to have a good start with my EPO.
    Someone to share me an invitation to speed up my preorder, please.

13. isakabr
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

14. DavidHolden
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014