my fix for too loud imported ringtone

1. retzer
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

retzer , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hey there, I noticed a lot of threads about the ringtone being too loud even at low volume. Well I fixed my problem by using an MP3 app on my PC and cut the volume by 50 percent then reimported the file. Works great!

2. Tom_lecter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

deangilvin and d1xenotime like this.
  3. retzer
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

retzer , Nov 1, 2018 :
    it's still too loud ... seems to be a problem with imported ringtones. I use MP3 snippets and the lowest setting was still booming through my office even at the lowest setting. There's a bit of chatter about the problem in different threads but I didn't see any solution; maybe it'll be a fix on the next update but until then I'll stick with my soft mod.

4. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2018

deangilvin , Nov 1, 2018 :
    It's not too loud, so no fix is needed. I keep my volume turned all the way up and haven't yet felt the need to create a thread to complain about "loud" anything. That's what the volume control is for.

BTW, I've been using that type of software for a good 10+ years now, you've stumbled across nothing new.

5. retzer
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

retzer , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Maybe it's a characteristic of the imported mp3s, not sure. But some users do consider it too loud and I just figured out a way around it. And I'm happy you've been using the software for 10 years, perhaps you could use that knowledge to help and not just crap on threads.

6. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2018

deangilvin , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Well if you've been using software for 10 years then you should know using an mp3 for a ringtone will have different volume levels depending upon the mp3, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the volume level inside the phone. So there is that.......

Well, since there is nothing wrong with the volume level and you clearly haven't figured out how to use the volume control nor how mp3's work, I'm not sure what there is to say about this ridiculous post. It's nonsensical and anyone with even basic knowledge of ringtones should already know.

Want to know about ringtone's and mp3's, here's some help: www.google.com put how to change volume in mp3's, hit enter and then take the time to click on the various pages and read. You can also use Bing or Yahoo with equal results.

7. retzer
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

retzer , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Crap crap crap ... I suggest you book two sessions with your therapist this week to work on those bullying issues