My Hopes For The OnePlus 8 Pro

1. WillyPOnePlus
    Eclair Dec 16, 2019

WillyPOnePlus , Dec 16, 2019 :
    I have an OP 7 Pro and I love it, but I have three changes I would like to see on the OP 8 Pro:
    1. A flat screen.
    2. Wireless charging.
    3. Cameras on a par with current iPhone/Pixel phones.
    I realize these changes would make the OP 8 Pro more expensive, but I would hope it would be less than comparable flagships from Apple and Samsung.

F1556204523619, kaldpils and Bodbui like this.
  2. D1546004399661
    Donut Dec 24, 2019

D1546004399661 , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 24, 2019 :
    1. I agree!!
    Flat screen is a must! I HATE curved displays.

2. Don't care about wireless charging. I would rather have a better metall chassis and an extra battery. That way I could have a fully charged battery in seconds.

3. Sure, better camera is always nice.... But NO punch holes or notch! Pop up camera is the way to go!

Secondbushome and Bodbui like this.
  3. kaldpils
    Froyo Dec 29, 2019

kaldpils , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 29, 2019 :
    yeah minimum for me to buy OnePlus 8 Pro

1. wireless charging ( please finally use this)
    2. camera hardware and software like or better than ( pixel/Samsung/apple)
    if they beat it with much I won't buy it.

This 2 things are very important now a days.

3. minimum 120Hz screen.

and optional please give us more customisation on OnePlus launcher.

like folders in app drawer. and other stuff like that.

have all the normal customisation plus everything else you can give us.

you are giving us OnePlus (8 lite) (8) and (8 Pro)
    so please make the OnePlus 8 Pro a premium device.

I will pay premium if it's premium.

I love OnePlus but you are not pushing the boundaries like Samsung and shit Apple.

that's a problem. specially when you make 3 models.

1. lite cheap
    2. normal
    3 should be full premium.

and we will pay for it if you make it premium.

so please tell me what YouTube is saying is wrong.

please tell me its going to be full premium.

1. Good to best camera
    2. all hardware like wireless charging and other things ALL the other premium device's already have..
    3. a good and customized launcher where we can sett it up as we would like. give us options..

at least do it with the OnePlus fold..

if you already made the OnePlus 8 Pro not good enough.

like I said I love OnePlus. I have the OnePlus 7 pro. and it's not good enough to be called a flag ship phone..

F1556204523619 likes this.
  4. Secondbushome
    Froyo Dec 30, 2019

Secondbushome , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 30, 2019 :
    All signs point to all the OnePlus 8 phones having cutouts and punch hole per the rumors floating around. It's what prompted me to just settle with the 7 Pro during the sale. Really disappointing considering how much R&D they must have put into the pop-up camera, only to throw it away for a considerably worse-looking design.

Also, I don't mind the curved screens on Samsung phones but the 7 Pro's curves are considerably wider so they pick up more glare. OnePlus should fix that or just do away with curved screens.

Better cameras would require OnePlus to put a lot more development in their computational photography. The 7 Pro's camera hardware is actually really good but it's the software side that needs more work.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019

D1546004399661 likes this.
  5. GeekOnTheHill
    Froyo Jan 12, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Jan 12, 2020 :
    I couldn't care less about wireless charging or the notch (or hole, or bathtub, or whatever). Just give me as much raw power and RAM as you can pack into the thing. A swappable (or at least easily user-replaceable) battery would also be nice, but I think that ship may have sailed her last voyage, at least as concerns flagships. :(

As an aside, the relative ease of replacing the battery is one reason I chose the 7t. Yes, I know, I haven't even received it yet and I'm already planning on doing surgery on it. But if one is going to consider post-warranty repairability as part of a purchase decision, then that necessarily needs to be done before making the purchase.

As for wireless charging, the enthusiasm for wireless chargers baffles me. Maybe it's because I'm an old-school computer tech who's been farting around with electronics since the 1960's. When I look at a wireless charger, I see an additional induction point that wastes between 25 and 40 percent of the electricity it uses by turning it into heat. That's in addition to the 10 to 15 percent that was wasted by the step-down transformer in the wall wart if the pad draws its juice from an upstream transformer, as most do.

A good wired charger is between 85 and 90 percent efficient. Add a charging plate, and you're down to somewhere between 45 to 65 percent efficiency, with a concomitant increase in carbon emissions if the utility power is generated using fossil fuels. And all in return for what? Something else to take up space on your desk or to have to pack with you when you go out?

It makes no sense to me.

Richard

D1546004399661 likes this.
  6. ASCHENTE_V
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 12, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jan 12, 2020 :
    kaldpils

yeah minimum for me to buy OnePlus 8 Pro

1. wireless charging ( please finally use this)
    2. camera hardware and software like or better than ( pixel/Samsung/apple)
    if they beat it with much I won't buy it.

This 2 things are very important now a days.

3. minimum 120Hz screen.

and optional please give us more customisation on OnePlus launcher.

like folders in app drawer. and other stuff like that.

have all the normal customisation plus everything else you can give us.

you are giving us OnePlus (8 lite) (8) and (8 Pro)
    so please make the OnePlus 8 Pro a premium device.

I will pay premium if it's premium.

I love OnePlus but you are not pushing the boundaries like Samsung and shit Apple.

that's a problem. specially when you make 3 models.

1. lite cheap
    2. normal
    3 should be full premium.

and we will pay for it if you make it premium.

so please tell me what YouTube is saying is wrong.

please tell me its going to be full premium.

1. Good to best camera
    2. all hardware like wireless charging and other things ALL the other premium device's already have..
    3. a good and customized launcher where we can sett it up as we would like. give us options..

at least do it with the OnePlus fold..

if you already made the OnePlus 8 Pro not good enough.

like I said I love OnePlus. I have the OnePlus 7 pro. and it's not good enough to be called a flag ship phone..

minimum 120hz, huh? You're just another slave of advertising. You would have never asked for that, if you didn't see 1+, asus implementing it... Have you ever even used 120 hz to ask for it as MINIMUM?

Download nova launcher, if you want much deeper customisation. Stop asking for the unneeded bloatware to be added. If you want it, then go ahead and use nova or lawnchair.

Moving forward, 1+ phones have never been the best in the camera software. And users were always asking to make it better to reach other flagships. That wouldn't happen... It didn't happen for the last 5 years, while everyone was asking the same and that won't happen now. That's it.

And besides, software development is a long process. Any feature can't just appear from nowhere. It takes pretty enough time. Try to understand that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020

GeekOnTheHill likes this.
  7. F1556204523619
    Froyo Jan 12, 2020

F1556204523619 , Jan 12, 2020 :
    Some of you may not care about wireless charging in the short-term, but it is an attribute of potential long-term value as it means less wear-and-tear on the charging port of your device. True, USB-C should mean less stress on the port per transaction. But for those of us who try to hold onto their devices for as long as possible to maximize their investment, the additional cost of a Qi receiver (which shouldn't be that costly) could easily pay for itself over time.

With fast wireless charging now possible (What's the present max speed, 10W? More?), the additional time required to charge the battery could be an acceptable price to pay to: 1) have an alternate way to charge should you not have a USB-C cable handy, and 2) not put as much wear on your phone's charging port.

8. donnyb
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2020

donnyb , Jan 14, 2020 :
    I agree! Wireless charging is big for me. I have charging docks everywhere.

F1556204523619 likes this.