Other My journey with the OnePlus 3 and the 3T. Issues. Issues. Issues. Terrible Support.

1. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2016

hashtagabdul , Nov 26, 2016 :
    Hello Everyone,

Let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of the devices. Earlier this month I got the OnePlus 3. Used it for about 3 days and the issues started. The phone would overheat for no reason and I would not get any LTE signal and cell reception would die out constantly. So I decided to contact support, they did a remote session with my computer and flashed the device with OxygenOS again. I could have done that on my own but w.e.

They told me to use the phone and see if issues occur again and what do you know, there they are again. I mean it wasn't heating up or anything but I got no LTE and every 2 hours or so no cell reception. Eventually, I just decided to return the phone. I was still within the "15-day no-hassle return" return period. I'm not sure what OnePlus means by no-hassle but what I went through was all hassle. They first asked to see pictures of the device which made it seem like I was lying or something but w.e. I did send the pictures. 24 hours later I got a shipping label and packed up the device and sent it off. It was a Friday, OP received the device on Monday and constantly thought the process the support staff made me feel like I was at fault. They kept saying how they have to inspect the device and if it passes I'll get refunded or else I won't. Btw this was said at almost every communication which annoyed me to my core. By then I've had the device for far less than 15 days yet they could potentially refuse the refund. The would process took 10 days and I started the process on November 16, 2016 and got my refund yesterday.

ANYWAY! by this time the OP3T hit the market so I decided to order it. I got the OP3T yesterday as well along with the refund for the OP3. I set up the OP3T and last night and used it all night. This morning it's on 10% and I thought I'd charge the phone, which is a pretty normal task you might think. So I unpacked the charger (I didn't do this earlier when I took the phone out for the first time. I was just too excited to fire the device up). Like a normal person, I plug the charging adapter into the wall along with the cable and then I plug in the other end of the cable to my phone and BOOM! the phone is not charging. How fun. Right?

I called support, yes called, because well...email takes forever. After calling support the representative, Sheila was less than unhelpful. She told me to power off my device and try charging it on my computer, not sure how I was going to do that when I was on the phone with her but anyway. I did plug my device into the computer and it did charge so it's logical to assume that the charging adapter is defective. I asked for a replacement adapter and I was told that I'd have to first go through the troubleshooting steps which were; power the device off, charge on a computer for 12 hours; power it on and then charge with the charging adapter. Weird steps. I can't really do those right now because I gotta use my device today. She did open a ticket for me and the first thing I'm asked is to send pictures and videos (no company ever asked me for something like this). No doubt by this time I'm frustrated and annoyed. I did send a video and now waiting for a reply.

I just think OP needs to really work on their support. I'm very close to returning the OP3T because I just can't deal with this. I have a Google Pixel sitting on my desk, maybe I should just switch over.

Let me know if you guys have been experiencing terrible OP support as well. Ps this isn't my first time...with the OPO I went through hell trying to get a replacement. I've discussed it on the forum as well. Take a look at my signature for the link to the RMA hell I went through.

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2016

Bartnl , Nov 26, 2016 :
    quite a story. Hope it will work out soon for you.
    Up until now no problems with CS..... They were helpful, only terrible in giving straight answers. Took most of the times a second mail to get the answer from 2 mails before.
    But the pics is a standard thing in the support ticket application. You don't have to include pics.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016

hashtagabdul likes this.
  3. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2016

hashtagabdul , Nov 26, 2016 :
    The straight answer part....oh gosh that's annoying lol I really wish they would just give a straight answer.

Bartnl likes this.
  4. rahul2685
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2016

5. Ndttung8487
    Froyo Nov 27, 2016

Ndttung8487 , Nov 27, 2016 :
    This will make me think twice before taking Oneplus 3T as i decided to buy it online. Especially my country did not have any official Oneplus representative (or authorized reseller) here. So i will stick with my S7 duo and waiting.

hashtagabdul likes this.
  6. j244
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 27, 2016

j244 , Nov 27, 2016 :
    How is not getting straight answers not a problem?

7. Bartnl
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2016

Bartnl , Nov 27, 2016 :
    Guess you read it wrong. I said that they are terrible in giving a straight answer to a question. And that it takes a 2nd mail to get an answer

8. j244

j244 , Nov 27, 2016 :
    Yes I Know. And then i asked how it it is that you dont find that a problem.

"Up until now no problems with CS"

9. Bartnl
    Lollipop Nov 27, 2016

Bartnl , Nov 27, 2016 :
    because they helped me out and with the result I was happy. It could only be done in half the time if they gave direct answers.

10. j244

j244 , Nov 27, 2016 :
    Ah ok! I would call that a problem though.
    Not the biggest problem, but still.

Bartnl likes this.
  11. aandres85
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2016

12. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2016

hashtagabdul , Nov 29, 2016 :
    not completely lol they do help, it's just a lot of work.

13. hashtagabdul

robinevers likes this.
  14. hashtagabdul

hashtagabdul , Nov 29, 2016 :
    I don't see any authorized reseller for this device anytime soon

Ndttung8487 likes this.
  15. Drofidnas
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2016

hashtagabdul likes this.
  16. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2016

hashtagabdul , Nov 30, 2016 :
    been having bad luck lately lol

17. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2016

18. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2016

hashtagabdul , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I suppose you're right

19. aandres85
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2016

aandres85 , Dec 6, 2016 :
    I'd like to know how you got the support to help you.

20. vampyren
    Froyo Dec 6, 2016

vampyren , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Man that is crazy, i hate it when Support does crazy shit like that and ask you do things you know are irrelevant.
    I been lucky so my phone has worked fine but i would be mad if all that crap happened to me.
    Specially during 15 day hassle free days. I would straight them out to stop BS you.